The Lord of the Strings: A Footblog of Nathan

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Matt K
Flower Child

Re: The Lord of the Strings: A Footblog of Nathan

Post by Matt K » 21 Jul 2015 04:45

Nathan8 wrote:Anyway, to whom it may concern, I ate another apple in a cold shower after my session today.
Definitely concerns me.
Matt Kemmer

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 21 Jul 2015 06:11

Matt K wrote:
Nathan8 wrote:Anyway, to whom it may concern, I ate another apple in a cold shower after my session today.
Definitely concerns me.
Me too.

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 21 Jul 2015 19:24

I decided to take a rest day today, it's been a while since my last one. I took a cold shower though, and in it I ate grapes. I did not plan on eating fruit in the shower again. However, I was hungry. And I didn't want Matt Kemmer's world spiraling out of control as he embarks on his journey to Europe.

Ivan is coming over to kick tomorrow!

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 28 Jul 2015 19:57

Today my routine felt so good I started dancing.

I don't have any shred highlights to post because all I have been doing is working on my routine, and man is it exciting!

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 29 Jul 2015 10:48

For those following along, his routine is quite good. You'll be impressed when you see it at ECFC. Mark my words.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 30 Jul 2015 19:22

Thanks Ivan!

My worlds predictions, then sleep.
So far they have been right on as far as who is in Finals.
Open Circle-
1. Gatesman - He will go full viking mode and make his last year's performance look like child's play.
2. Vasek - It will be very close between Penske and Vasek, but Vasek will have 40 + contact strings every time, with at least one that is 60+
3. Penske - Sadly, not every string of his will be 30 contacts, and that is why Vasek will beat him. Although, Penske will have better density than Vasek.

Open Routines -
It will all come down to the drop. So I will assume no drops.
1. Gatesman - Only because it is fresh. His routine is different and fun, although I think Vasek's is a bit more difficult.
2. Klouda - Difficult routine, harder than Penske's. But it's just another routine, no surprises.
3. Penske - Next most difficult routine.

I won't be able to watch the live stream of finals because I will be working. Be strong, me. Be strong.

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 01 Aug 2015 18:07

I am on vacation, and I brought the supplies to make videos, so why not. This is a casual shred video, just me doing whatever, not trying to impress anyone here. I did get a round of applause from everyone at the pool though :)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/k4XC8xY81m0[/youtube]

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 04 Aug 2015 19:43

This video was a ton of fun, more fun than my worlds video. Vacation Day Two had too much great footage to edit while on vacation, so it will have to wait. Today is day four, here is day three, and expect a video for day five!

https://youtu.be/bll2acJObaE

I am yet to share my feelings about worlds or write in Evan's blog since worlds, but that will come soon. It's 11:43. Guten Nacht.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 04 Aug 2015 21:21

Your game is starting to take a more game-like form.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 05 Aug 2015 07:12

Haven't watched the second one yet but the first was certainly impressive, your form looks like its starting to shape.

nice near double down too, that was phat.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 14 Aug 2015 10:30

That last video was great. You've made a lot of improvements over the last 6 months. Keep pushing hard and having fun.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 25 Aug 2015 16:26

Nick: you took the words right out of my mouth. Or out of text messages. One of those.

Kevin: Danke. I do like near double down, but it takes more energy than I would have expected.

Kyle: Thanks, and I shall. Footbag rocks.

Today my routine practice was not going well so I just shredded. I imagined I was in the circle contest at ECFC and opened with my dream trick, the hardest trick I have ever done, then flowed into an awesome string with blurry whirl, flip burriest, pdx dlo, and other guiltless mush. Then I moved on to ripwalks. My record starting today was 15 I believe, but I hit 19, then 27. The 27 ended in a hand catch because I could not physically do any more. Tomorrow is the first day of school and I'm starting my junior year in high school. Blegh. BUT, I do get to drive to school for the first time, so that's cool. 8)

Biggest trick ever into gooood string
Ripwalk x27

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 09 Sep 2015 20:22

Today I kicked with Carter. His game was looking good, but I'll let him share his own highlights in his blog. At the session I hit some strings and my firsy Jamiwalker. Yay! It's one of those tricks that I've been trying every couple of weeks for a few months now. I think I actually footed it like 8 months ago. But anyway, I figured out how to do furious, and bam! I just had to imagine it as a quantum, and I could do it fast enough. I must have footed it 6 times before I hit it today. Then I kicked again when I got home. I am so excited for East Coasts I just excitement wow soon big wow this weekend three days Confucious wow huge.

https://youtu.be/lKFeOgKPCC0

Janiwalker
Symp whirl x4 bs
toe far symp whirl bsos

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 14 Sep 2015 12:37

East Coasts 2015!!!!

I have been looking forward to this event for over a year. Mainly for the routines, but also for the circle competition. I'm just going to spit out highlights:

-Hitting furious flail for Kevin Hogan
-One on one circle with The Silencer yesterday right before circle finals
-Janiwalker twice Saturday, twice Sunday.
-Finishing a great string with scorpions tail
-Playing in a circle with Nick, Kevin, and Matt K where we were all holding Subway sandwiches, except Matt.
-Talking to Matt about footbag
-Matt G's dropless routine
-Evan's dropless routine
-Matt G telling Nick his dropless routine was his proudest achievement, after giving birth to his child. And Nicks response of "You gave birth to your child!?!?"
-Opening with with blurry whirl>blur in circle comp
-Not finding ice cream in Little Italy
-My hotel room and the view
-Making it to finals in Open Routines
-Performing my routine better in Finals than in qualifying
-Beating my seed of 8th and finishing 4th
-Nick doing a Ripstein with a slice of tomato
-Evan doing double blender with his iPhone
-Krystaf saying "I love footbag!" into the mic after he won a bunch of money
-Talking to Steve Goldberg for a decent amount of time both days
-Watching the net finals
-Getting tons of footage
-Getting Auntie Ann's soft pretzels on the ride home

Those were in no particular order. To elaborate: East Coasts was AWESOME. I got sick with a head cold on the Thursday before and stayed home from school Friday, so I lost those two days of practice. I don't think it affected me a whole lot, maybe a little with my routine, but very minimal. I butchered my routine in qualifying, dropping on all the important tricks and missing the musical cues. In finals, I hit all the big tricks like rev swirl bs, whirling swirl, symp whirl, blink, and spinning clipper>blurriest. I still dropped a bunch, but it just felt better overall. I am very excited for my next routine and already started looking for a new song last night :) In the end, I learned a lot about how to compete in both routines and circle, and I can;t wait to come back stronger!

I love footbag.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 14 Sep 2015 14:28

Nathan8 wrote:
-Hitting furious flail for Kevin Hogan
8O
Nathan8 wrote:
-Getting tons of footage
:D
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 15 Sep 2015 04:32

Agreed with Vojta, Furious Flail?! props man
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 17 Sep 2015 06:44

i hit a few laughably unclean barraging flails on tuesday. you've got me beat young'n. : :oops: :? 8O :lol:

you are such an inspiration, nathan. overall skill, style (THOSE BLINKS DUDE!!!!) , form and trick selection look like they have all improved ten fold since PSU. your blurriests are so g'damn snappy. way to rep in circle comp, rountines and sideline shred.

can't wait to have my face shredded off next time we hang!
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 22 Sep 2015 17:42

Thanks guys! The whole furious flail thing is kinda odd. Given a few tries, I can hit it. This doesn't mean you'll see it in my next video, I think it just means in a year or two it will be relatively easy for me. Which makes me super happy, because it is my dream trick. Seriously, that is my dream trick. I wanted it more than nemesis, montage, or gangsta party. And I hit it. Guess I can retire now. It's been awesome everyone. I think I will pick up Kickbo now.... Sike! I can hit it, but only one side, thin, and inconsistently. It has a ways to go. But the reactions I have on video from the day I realized I could hit it are gold :)))

I played the Monday after ECFC and it was a great session. I just wanted to keep the flow going from ECFC. Then Tuesday morning I woke up and my ankle hurt. I guess I twisted it in my sleep. It hurt to walk up stairs, let alone crank. It was like that for 6 days, until yesterday. So yesterday I played full speed and hit a lot of blenders from far toe. Blenders make so much more sense now. Thanks Matt K! Today I tweaked my ankle playing football and it hurts again. Tender little.. gahh.

Now I have to do my Engineering and Trig HW and study for Chem. It's already 9:41. :'( Vasek was obviously home schooled.

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 23 Sep 2015 05:55

Nathan8 wrote:Now I have to do my Engineering and Trig HW and study for Chem. It's already 9:41. :'( Vasek was obviously home schooled.
I have had this same thought so many times. lol
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 23 Sep 2015 14:04

Nathan8 wrote:
Vasek was obviously home schooled.
Nope 8)