The Lord of the Strings: A Footblog of Nathan

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Nathan8
Shredaholic

Re: The Lord of the Strings: A Footblog of Nathan

Post by Nathan8 » 17 Mar 2016 16:59

I had to do a bit of scrolling to find my footblog. Yikes. It's been over a month.

It hasn't been the greatest month for footbag, these last two weeks especially I only got to play very little (relative). My blenders are much better, I practiced them and they got better. Crazy stuff.

Today I played footbag all day. Periods 1 and 2 I played outside in the center of the football field on a very foggy March morning at 8 am. It was awesome. My freind is making a documentary about my footbag career, so she was filming. Then I played footbag all gym class and a bit in English too. It was an 11:30 dismissal day so the teachers were all laid back. After school I went to a park and played for an hour or so, then went to track practice. This video is from my time at the park. I was in the pavillion because it was on and off raining.

Here are some highlights that I remember from recently:
Blurriest x3
Idk, stuff
Today:
Blurry Drifter BSOS
Fog BSOS (again)
Blurry Whirl>Spinning Whirl>rpt
Blurry Whirl>Blurry Whirl>Blurriest>Blurriest (I am counting the second blurriest because I easily could have sealed it had I not tried to step out of it again)

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 17 Mar 2016 19:45

Wish to get fucked up by you in Circle, someday. Watch that rotation on them DLO's, 'dough. You are damn good. Hope time stops running away from.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

AdAstra
Multidex Master

Post by AdAstra » 06 Apr 2016 09:26

Nathan8 wrote: My freind is making a documentary about my footbag career...
That's awesome! Reppin' the sport! Will you be able to share it here?
Austin
Lexington, KY, USA, Pale Blue Dot

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 13 Apr 2016 06:37

God damn nathan. You are constantly impressing me. Just when I think I have your progression tempo figured out you go and post vids like this.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 22 Apr 2016 19:12

Derek, we're gonna kick one day, I feel it. The sooner the better.
Austin, certainly. Her and I have actually occupied ourselves with other film projects at rhe moment, but when it's ready this footblog will be one of the first places it goes.
Kyle, thanks, I'm guessing you're talking about that video of me with the white shirt. Great session. One of my greatest sessions of all time actually.

JAMPS! I'm here! Haven't blogged recently, been busy. The past week I only played Wednesday so my legs would be fresh, the week before I trained like a Olympian.
I got here today around 7 and kicked with the guys in the basement of Nathan Pipenberg's house. Epic. Crazy rug. I was happy with the stuff I was hitting. I hit baraging flail second try in the circle and Nick said it was finally clean, Ivan said the flail was a little thin. It felt cleaner than ever. Vasek's isn't clean though soooo yeah. Blurry Whirl b2b first try, other goodies.

I MET COACH FRANKLIN IN SHEETZ.

My dad picked me up from Nathan's at 9:30 amd we stopped at Sheetz on our way back to the hotel. My dad pointed out the Penn State Football Head Coach who was in the store with us. He was so excited. I played it cool, stood next to him in line, introduced myself, he introduced himself as James, and we shook hands. I was a sweatball from kicking carrying grocerues in Sheetz though, so we didn't get a pic.

Anyway, I'm uber stoked for tomorrow, currently lying in bed eating Fritos. Full circle.

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 13 Jul 2016 06:29

Dear footblog,

Oh soooo much has happened, yet nothing has been document. What a shame.

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 09 Aug 2016 06:50

pdx whirl x20
barfly x18
ducking clipper x35

AdAstra
Multidex Master

Post by AdAstra » 09 Aug 2016 09:03

Nathan8 wrote:pdx whirl x20
barfly x18
ducking clipper x35
Any update on the film project your friend was making about your footbag career? Or did I miss it?
Austin
Lexington, KY, USA, Pale Blue Dot

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 09 Aug 2016 10:40

duuuuuuuuude. awesome update, you are heading in the right direction 1000%. 20 pdx whirls shows near mastery and props especially for the barflyz.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Allan

Post by Allan » 09 Aug 2016 10:52

Yeah man, 18 Barfly is sweet

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 14 Aug 2016 11:59

AdAstra wrote: Any update on the film project your friend was making about your footbag career? Or did I miss it?
Her and I talked about it and trashed the project to prioritize other projects. Speaking of projects, I have been entrusted with making a new footbag promo video for the new Footbag.org. That is a huge project and is one that cannot be trashed, so you will definetly see that.

Thanks Kevin and Allan, those two highlights are the only thing that makes me feel I've made any progress since Jamps. My learning curve is smacking me in the face.

Yesterday I spoke with Jay Boychuk for the first time, we Skyped for an hour and a half. Super super cool guy, very wise, reminds of the old turtle from Kung Fu Panda who trains Po. He gave me game-changing advice and now I have some decisions to makes. Goals, reasons I play, etc. This footblog has been so lame since Jamps mostly because my footbag game as whole has been so lame since I got home from Jamps. Not really sure what the point in updating this blog atm is, but here's two highlights from the other day.

Whirr BSOS
DDD>Blizzard>Paradon rpt.

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 14 Aug 2016 19:52

Had a great session tonight. Played for a couple hours and did s Facebook live stream towards the end of it. Hit some killer strings in the end of it, then got tired and played like loop so I ended it. Then I hit a new trick to close it.

Whirling op whirl

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 31 Aug 2016 18:44

Unloaded footage off of my GoPro tonight. Didn't intend to use it.. ever.. but I threw together a video anyway. It's basically just drops, 3/4s of drills, and weird faces. BUT 2/3 is in 60 fps. So watch it for that. Really, I decided to throw this together for people like Derek and anyone else who actually wants to follow my game. No fancy edit, Coldplay tunage, modified exclusive.

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 31 Aug 2016 18:46

Oh and

Ripwalk x45

was going for 50 for Paul

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 01 Sep 2016 03:35

You sure know how to spoil me.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 23 Sep 2016 18:23

Glad you liked it Derek, I know you've asked for footage before so I had you in mind while making it.

Last night I did spinning butter>janiwalker. Also have hit janiwalker out of ripwalk bs I think

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 27 Sep 2016 03:03

Session on Sunday absolutely sucked. Session yesterday was very good. Highlights from yesterday:

double blender -made me giggle
tomahawk b2b
spanishly b2b
ducking dlo bs

Nearly had a motion>mobius midstring which made me very happy. Also gyro dlos have been smoooth.

Don't get mad, get glad.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 27 Sep 2016 12:35

Don't get mad, get glad
Truth homie, dank highlights.
-Daniel C. NY, USA. "Sacrifice a goat to our Lord and Savior Evan Gatesman".

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 27 Sep 2016 18:16

Thanks! Sometimes I think you guys don't think I can speak your language, but fear not, I can be fluent in nonsensical gibberish when I choose.

Session today was very fun. Was trying sick 3's for the collab video. Got spinning whirl>scorps>mobius like second try. Missed handcatch on ripped warrior>bedwetter>pixie drifter. First try I hit whirr>flurry> drop on double down swirl. That was exciting.

I was in the newspaper today for footbag and someone photocopied it and send the article to every faculty member in the high school, so all day my teachers were asking me for demonstrations. I did not do any because I had no bag. That's twice in the paper this month. Oh btw I earned Eagle Scout. I wrote a sections for the paper to include my passion for footbag in the article they wrote about my getting Eagle Scout and they omitted it. I was perverted. Computer just dinged meaning export has finished. Happy day!

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 28 Sep 2016 03:39

I saw that article come up on the Google alerts, nice work getting that in there. I just thought of this combo the other day, maybe you could do it - scorps>flurry>fairy op blender if you could repeat that, even better.

Can you hit blurriest swirl? Or any 4 dex tricks?