The Lord of the Strings: A Footblog of Nathan

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Nathan8
Shredaholic

Re: The Lord of the Strings: A Footblog of Nathan

Post by Nathan8 » 27 Sep 2015 19:30

[/quote]

Nope 8)[/quote]

I want to see a diploma :P

Friday I kicked.

ddd>twirl bs - twirls for Nick
barage>paradon>barfly rpt - one of my favorite drills I've hit.

Yesterday I spent the whole day at the PA Renaissance Fair. I Love it there! I today I did bit of kicking here and there. No highlights, but I expect scorpion's tail to be my next bsos 5.

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 27 Sep 2015 22:19

I remember reading an early interview where Vasek claimed he played before school, during every break and, of course, after school let out every afternoon.

So do that.

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 29 Sep 2015 19:18

Thanks Nathan, that's cool. For him to get in 5-10 hours a day, I'd imagine it's true. I don't have have any breaks or study halls in school, so I can't play then. But before school is something I'd never considered. I might try it sometime. I usually practice more like the Clavens method. A session right after school, then a session later that night.

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 05 Oct 2015 18:31

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMl5HeIV ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Nick suggested I make an instagram clip and when I got the camera out I just kept filming. The opening I just came up with for instagram. Double down swirl I have sealed, but this is the closest I've gotten to barroque. The double downs were flowin, especially barflys. I put another longish string in here, about 35 contacts of guiltess. Is that stuff even interesting? Or should I just omit it from videos?

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 06 Oct 2015 05:56

i was throughly entertained and it's certainly nice to check up on your progression. you don't have to be evan clavenloudachuk to make a phat footbag vid. also I wish my barflys looked like that :D

Double down swirl looked like easy money. i sense some barfly swirlage in the not so distant future.

21 pilots are kind of the shit so good song choice too.

looked like you were above the bag on the second dex of barroque. I would set it higher and try to jump after you've seen the second dex clear. If you get the first dex out of the way quickly all you need to do is a little torque and bam clean like my conscience.

plastic man is awesome and a huge milestone to hit so early in your career as well. good progress nathan, keep doing whatcha doing...and do more blinks!
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 06 Oct 2015 10:34

Barrage hype :D

First link is crazy
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 22 Oct 2015 18:51

Kevin: Thanks man, as for blinks... well lets just say I have some blinks for you..

And thanks Vojta :)

Update: Recently I have been doing a lot of my new training method, but here are some highlights outside of it that I remember:

whirling swirl bsos
flurry bsos
scorpian's tail bsos
blurry whirl>ripwalk>ripwalk>blurry whirl>ripwalk
far symp swirl>rev swirl bs
flip Janiwalker
Double spinning clipper
spinning osis>inspinning osis

On the radar (coming soon):
Janiwalker bsos
spinning whirl bsos
PS Whirl B2B
flip food (footed)
pixie paradon bsos

Wants:
learn whirrs
set a new barfly record
set a new ripwalk record
flip double spinning clipper

Over the past few months My double downs have been developing, and over the past few days some things about PS Whirls have been coming to me, so I am hoping that is my next phase. I don't control it, I just have my fingers crossed.

christisgodlike
Shredaholic

Post by christisgodlike » 23 Oct 2015 10:43

damn dude :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag: :footbag:

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 10 Nov 2015 16:28

I wanted to film a video in the beautiful fall leaves on Sunday, but I cut my session short because my legs hurt. Here are some random snippets anyway, unlisted, just for modified. The last opening link is 100% for Hogan and the third clip is for Nick.
Highlights from recently that I remember:

pdx whirl x7
fog first time bs and bsos all in the same string
Last edited by Nathan8 on 10 Nov 2015 16:47, edited 3 times in total.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 10 Nov 2015 16:41

this is how you do it yo (source: I post like 100 YT videos a week)

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPECIFICTEXTSTUFFHERE [/youtube] (without spaces)
-Daniel C. NY, USA. "Sacrifice a goat to our Lord and Savior Evan Gatesman".

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 10 Nov 2015 16:51

Thanks Dan! And when I finished editing my post for like the 10th time, I hit "view submitted post" and was like "oh, it worked! Wait no. Dan did that."

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 11 Nov 2015 06:50

I am constantly impressed and surprised with your game every time you post something. Bed>Pixie DLO, Ducking Osis>ripwalk, and the double spinning clipper were my favorite. Keep up the great work.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 17 Nov 2015 18:28

Thanks Kyle!

Dear Footblog,
On this very night, two years, TWO YEARS ago, I met Nick Polini in the hallway of the the gym at Penn State Berks. This was the first time I saw footbag in real life and I was hooked immediately. He helped me with my clipper that night, I think I hit pdx mirage for the first time, and I didn't have Lavers yet. As I progressed through that that first year of footbag I came up with this idea of where I wanted to be at the two year mark. Am I there? Well, I don't know. It's like asking a person who has been blind their entire life, then could see one day, if the world looked like they imagined it too. That person would just understand everything all of a sudden and all his thoughts of the world from before would become obsolete. That's what footbag is like for me every couple of months. And I am assuming that's how it will always be. This means footbag will never get old and I can never stop improving. I'm here for the long run folks. Thanks for being such an awesome and supportive community.

Sincerely,
Nathan Bonslaver

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 18 Nov 2015 15:48

Somebody buy this man a glass of chocolate milk.

How'd the talent show go?
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 21 Nov 2015 10:28

isirc10 wrote:How'd the talent show go?
It was cancelled because some idiot made a bomb threat at the school that day. It's rescheduled for December 1st. By the way footblog, I made a routine for my schools talent show, come check it out!

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 02 Dec 2015 14:30

The talent show yesterday. It went ok. During the sound check before the show I went dropless, but the actual performance was not as dropless. It was announced that I got I tied for 2nd out of 16 people. I probably would have gotten first if I had gone dropless, I was beat by some singing girl. I wasn't going to publish this video... but the video quality was just TOO good not to.

Lycanthrope
BSOS Beast

Post by Lycanthrope » 02 Dec 2015 15:08

I'm proud of you, Nathan. Way to make the sport proud. It looks like you may have had a little bit of nerves; the same kind of nerves that you won't have next time. Learn from mistakes, and keep repping fat.

As far as presentation: The jersey and shorts looked really good. Your lavers could be a little nicer looking, and you could have a mohawk or something to do with your hair that stuck out. spiked hair?

I know that these are things that don't really have to do with footbag, but presentation is so important because it is only visual/audio, and the audio choice was good. Just have to look cool =) Every little detail contributes to the whole.

Nice work! I'll have to copy it for myself =D
Evan 'OP' Gatesman

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 02 Dec 2015 17:58

Thanks Evan, that means a lot! I actually play better every time I get my hair cut. Soo.. maybe a buzz cut? Nah I don't like those. Maybe I'll just wear a cape next time.

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 03 Dec 2015 08:11

props on the head mod & the talent show stuff. You handled yourself so much better then I did at my first talent show (you didn't even swear!) great work nathan, starting to become a huge fan of the sick style you are starting to form.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 03 Dec 2015 13:17

starting to become a huge fan of the sick style you are starting to form.
Me too. You already have nice style for just two years. I totally missed the quick shred vid you made with the leaves. Awesome vid, tricks, and i liked how your yellow shirt matched the leaves. I think you hit a link in one of your videos that was motion > blink. Swag