Danny Boi'$ FootblG

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Matt K
Flower Child

Re: Dan's Footblog: In Search of the Rare Dankasaurus Rex

Post by Matt K » 08 Feb 2016 10:54

Dan missed the most important part of the session: I did a Symp Whirling Swirl with his wallet, handed it back to him and said "Yo, that was money"
Matt Kemmer

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 09 Feb 2016 20:42

Matt K wrote:Dan missed the most important part of the session: I did a Symp Whirling Swirl with his wallet, handed it back to him and said "Yo, that was money"
Dying right now.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 10 Feb 2016 18:37

Vojta: Haha, go for it. Glad you enjoyed the song.
@Matt: I seem to recall a certain SOMEONE having their own certain footBLOG to post their own HIGHLIGHTS on. Not going to name any names (Matt), but it seems to me that that SOMEONE has been neglecting their own footBLOG as of late. Instead of posting in my footBLOG, maybe that certain SOMEONE could update their OWN with all the neat things they're been doing (you know small things like LEARNING UKRAINIAN and having his GIRLFRIEND come visit soon and hitting DANK SHIT in footBAG). (Totally joking, that money shit was fucking godly).
@Nick: Please don't die until we shred again together at least one last time.

----

YA BOY PLAYED SOME DANKBAG 2DAY. BAD NEWS: I DID NOTHING. GOOD NEWS: I STILL DID SOMETHING. Good thing Matt is a footbag dictator instilling a sense of duty and honor to my homeland (Footbaglandia). So I did the following warm up / cool down drills marathon style:
Legover > SS Legover rpt op until 20 contacts
Pickup > SS Pickup rpt op to 20 contacts
Mirage > SS Mirage rpt op to 24 contacts
Clipper > SS Clipper rpt op to 20 contacts
Illusion > SS Illusion rpt op to 16 contacts

Also did 5x Butterfly > Paradox Mirage rpt op x1, worked on Whirls n Osis shit (fucking kicked my calf really hard on one attempt). Did some shit for Nick Poooolini's class shitz as well.

New MS Paint stuff for those who appreciate dank:

Slowly getting back into swagalicious dank wub wub DnB musiK. Here's some s0ngs:

Other songs for those who don't love wub:
First is a post-hardcore band out of Poughkeepsie NY, second is a more alternative style vibe from Foxing outta St. Louis, third is rap from Schoolboy Q. Last is an electronic string quartet straight outta London.
-Daniel C. NY, USA. "Sacrifice a goat to our Lord and Savior Evan Gatesman".

Ryan_Morris
Multidex Master

Post by Ryan_Morris » 10 Feb 2016 20:21

Props on illusions. 16 is a good number. Good to hear you're pushing into 3 add territory, too.
Ryan Morris

PSU crew, ECFU, Michigan Footbag, and counting.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 17 Feb 2016 21:53

Ryan: Thanks mate. That Illusion drill x16 wasn't in one string however, think I had a couple drops. Highest string with that drill is 8 I think? I'll have to try to see how high I can get it.
----
I generally don't like to update my blog until I have a session to post about (it is a FOOTblog ya no?) as well.

Footbag is going OK. I had a session on Thursday and just today, both with Matterino Kemmerino. Drive to play footbag has not been very high recently. I'll get to that in a bit. In terms of highlights, couple drills from Thursday:
:arrow: Butterfly > Near Mirage > Butterfly > SS Butterfly > Paradox Mirage
:arrow: Butterfly > Near Pickup > SS Butterfly > Paradox Illusion

Both BSOS.

No specific drills or highlights from today's session, but that I played well with good form and got a few tiltless strings that were 15 or 20+ in length. So that was nice. I HAD some dank wub wub music to share, but I deleted all my photos from my phone to make room for an interview I'm doing for a class after break. Sooo that's unfortunate.
- - - -(Random Life Shit)- - - -

I've started to think a bit more about hobbies in my life and the priorities that I should be placing on them in terms of personal enjoyment versus practical or material gain from said activity. At the present moment, footbag is only a pretty low-ranking hobby compared to some of my other activities in life. I only really dedicate 1 or 2 days out of the week to having a footbag session, and even then it's mostly just with Matt and I'm not really actively drilling concepts for a majority of the week.

This becomes problematic when I consider all the other things I enjoy/ want to do with my free time: video games(heavy emphasis on this category), drawing (low to medium emphasis), Yugioh (Medium to heavy), listening to music/exploring new genres/songs (medium), and lastly footbag (low to medium emphasis).

In terms of trying to weigh them in regards to personal enjoyment / practical or material gain, I would say this:

I feel that video games have always been and continue to be a large factor in my life. So much so that, in relation to WoW (World of Warcraft), I've spent maybe 180 days /played on my main character (that I've played on and off since I was around 13 or 14). In terms of personal enjoyment, it really fluctuates depending on the game/ how I'm feeling about it. I've played quite a few MMOs, and the occasionally RPG. And while in general they're very fun, what do I really get out of it? Some amount of mental stimulation which I could obtain from other sources, but mostly the social interaction and experiences from playing with my friends/family (my brother also plays WoW).

I have no intention of playing professional at any competitive esport, nor do I possess the ability required to do so.In regards to social interaction, I'm no longer the social recluse I was a few years ago and don't cringe at the possibility of interaction with other people. Therefore, overall the redeeming aspects of playing video games are largely negated or outweighed by any real tangible benefit.

Next we move on to drawing. I feel like I have quite a bit of untapped potential in this realm. I took a drawing class on a whim for a creative arts requirement a few semesters ago and learned how to draw "correctly" with attention to proportion and values, and various techniques to ensure those two variable's accuracy. As such, I can basically draw any static object or figure in my view or a photo relatively accurately and with some amount of success.

In terms of personal enjoyment that I get out of it thus far, it is decently high and comes with added compliments from others (though mostly they are untrained in most aspects of the drawing process and so I tend to take these with a grain of salt [Sorry if I sound like a dick here but it's true for the most part]). In regards to practical benefit, it's mainly a hybrid of emotional fulfillment/ stability and mental stimulation. And so, if I were to cut out a large portion of my video game hobbies, this could likely fill the spot with ease.

I was introduced to the current meta of Yugioh around a year ago by my friend Pat. Since then I have created a number of decks including one that I cherish pretty wholesomely (Ghostricks). I really enjoy the creative aspect of deck building, testing consistency, and dueling with my friends (I know 3 other people who play). This is definitely something I could enjoy doing for a long time, provided I find a game store or local spot somewhere in the future. I equate it with something similar to chess in the interaction you have with your opponent.

Music is, simply put, fucking dank. It doesn't really eat much of my time as I'm mostly just listening to Pandora as I'm walking to class or whatever, so there's no real massive time commitment here. Helps to create some white noise / get my game on / keep me sane. Good stuff.

Which brings me to footbag. Oh footbag. This one is obviously the winner in terms of physical gain through exercise, which I don't really do much of outside the sport. I'd say that there is also some amount of mental stimulation involved, however in regards to any emotional gain I feel it's actually a negative sometimes (reallly fucking puts me down / stresses me out when I can't get a certain link or drill). But it's fun and I could be good in a few years time if I put in the effort for it. At this point I don't really have any intention of being one of the best, but I could see myself being good in a couple more years of hard practice. And that would probably be enough for me.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm trying to express with all this. You guys know that old expression "Jack of all trades"? I feel like the second half of that gets really under-emphasized today: Master of none. I guess I have to ask myself, am I okay with that? I believe, right now, that the answer is yes. I would rather be relatively decent / pretty good at a number of things than to just be very good / the best at one thing. This attitude might (most likely will?) change and evolve over time, but I'm just trying to sort out what's in my head at the moment.

♥♥♥Peace for a bit yo♥♥♥

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 17 Feb 2016 23:55

Mate. Overuse of the word mate is my territory (ps how good is using the word mate as a sentence...)

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 18 Feb 2016 21:05

Boyle: Mate. Mate is such a good word.

---

Putting words into action. Highlizzies from 2day:
:arrow: Mirage > SS Mirage rpt op x7 (28 contacts)
:arrow: Butterfly > SS Butterfly > Paradox Illusion BS
:arrow: Butterfly > Near Mirage > SS Butterfly > Near Mirage BSOS
:arrow: Butterfly > Near Legover > SS Butterfly > Paradox Mirage > Illusion BSOS
:arrow: 5 Clipper > SS Clipper > SS Clipper rpt op x1
:arrow: 10 Clipper > Near Legover rpt op x1

Played for an hour n a half total. Started and ended with Kemmerino's drillenskiez.

Looking cute feeling cute mates.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 22 Feb 2016 20:24

Played dankbag with Mattedingo Kemmelingo today. Matty wasn't feeling v chipper so we only played for around an hour n a half. Game was feeling super good today. No real highlights other than nailing my legover drill for 20 contacts n a bunch of good strings that were 20+ tiltless shiz.

Illusions from clipper are feeling a lot more natural. Clipper far pickup still eludes me. Need to spend a couple seshs on pickups in general I think. Dlo is still ruffskiez. Haven't branched out much recently, need to start really committing to some new shit.

Peace 4 NoW famzkies.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 23 Feb 2016 13:02

DC Clinks wrote:
Illusions from clipper are feeling a lot more natural.
Teach me lol. Near Illusions are like yoghurt with ketchup - I can get them as many times as I want, but even if I do, they won't ever feel natural.
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

boats
BSOS Beast

Post by boats » 24 Feb 2016 13:13

hahaha yes! dankbag!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 25 Feb 2016 21:19

Nice job on the Legovers. That's great you can go for 20 contacts. I would suggest messing with some uptime concepts. Pixie, Stepping? Spinning, Ducking? It would be good for you.

Far Pickup is all in the hips. You have to pivot and turn into the bag, like a Pdx Mirage. In fact, it's exactly like a Pdx Mirage, just not a full Mirage dex.

Hope that helps!
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 29 Feb 2016 17:21

Sup fam, 'preciate the comments. Thanks for the adviZe Polini, I'll be sure to put that to good use when I attempt them in the futures. Played footbag yesterday with all the weird ass dank AF weather we're having in upstate NY. Felt like a crime against humanity to not go out and enjoy it. I played for around an hour, starting with Kemino's warm up shiz as usual. Just did whatever I felt like really but did get one drill BSOS:
-Clipper > Far Butterfly > SS Legover > SS Illusion

Was pretty nice stuff tho, felt good to just play. Won't be able to for the next couple days cuz I procrastinated thesis stuff for all of spring break and am now paying for it for a couple days. it'll turn out okay though. Here's a haiku about all my footbags being broken:

I do not know why
I cannot comprehend how
My footbags are dead.

Here's some songs of various genres I've been jamming to recently: Peace homskiez.

AdAstra
Multidex Master

Post by AdAstra » 29 Feb 2016 17:43

Tsunami is a wonderful song to shred to!
Austin
Lexington, KY, USA, Pale Blue Dot

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 02 Mar 2016 19:02

AD: YEA DUDE ITS SOME GOOD SHIT.
----
YO GUYS N GALS WHATS GOOD. ME N KEMMERHINO PLAYED SOME DANK FOOTKICKZ TODAY. HE BROUGHT ALONG HIS GIRLFIRENDS KAT(DUNNO HOW TO SPELL HER FULL NAME SORRY MATT). I PERSONALLY PLAYED RELATIVELY WELL, GOT A FEW NICE 20+ TILTLESS STRINGS AND ONE 25+ ONE. GETTING THERE FAM. OTHER THAN THAT GOT THIS BSOS:
-BUTTERFLY > NEAR ILLUSION > PICKUP

MY SENIOR THESIS PROFESSOR STRAIGHT UP WALKED INTO CLASS ON TUESDAY AND SAID BASICALLY THAT HALF THE CLASS IS GOING TO FAIL AND NOT GRADUATE ON TIME. SO THAT WAS NICE LOL. LUCKILY IM IN THE CAMP OF NOT FAILING (I THINK?) SO THAT'S COOL. MEETING WITH PROFF TOMORROW SO I GUESS WE'LL SEE HOW THAT GOES.
---- ----
THE ABOVE IS DANK WUB WUB MUSIK. THE SONGS BELOW ARE NOT.
----

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 02 Mar 2016 19:55

You do know about the lostprophets singer? In jail for about 30 years for child sex offences. I was a really big fan, especially of the first two albums, but can't really listen to them anymore.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 03 Mar 2016 11:23

Boyle: Holy shit mate, that's fucking nuts. Honestly had no idea, that's sickening. The presence of general assholes seems to be too much of a common occurrence in the hardcore/metalcore band scene (thinking people like Ronnie Radke and accusations against Oli Sykes or Austin Carlile), although this is obviously on another level. If anyone wants me to delete the song from this trash person, let me know by PM / mods feel free to delete it at your own discretion.
----
Met with my professor today and got a green light for further research / confirmation that I'm not failing the class so that's nice I guess. Probably playing bag today if I'm not too exhausted.

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 03 Mar 2016 12:29

Woah, I hadn't heard about that either.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 04 Mar 2016 12:09

Sup mates. Derek Littlefieldz inspired me to have a nice 1 am session last night, so I basically just warmed up for like 5 minutes then pulled out my phone camera to film stuff cuz I haven't done that in a while. So the result is this quickly edited video with some musiK from Bassnectar (ping pong is the song title as you might have guessed):
----

been listening to some heavy shit the past couple days. couple new artists, some old ones like Whitechapel and Suicide Silence. For those of who who don't enjoy heavy breakdowns and screaming vocals, here's some other shit: First one of this list is the most highly recommended as it's dank as shit yo.

Peace.

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 05 Mar 2016 01:39

I did my routinr at Worlds to parkway, Looks Like Yoda, one of their early songs. I actually used the same song in the aus champd in 05 or 06. They were both in Melbourne but I am thinking 06.

Anyhow, here are some good Aussie hardcore bands to check out.

Break Even - one of my fav bands, more melodic hc.
Stronger Than Hate - more metal style, excellent band
4 Dead - probably needed to see them live to really get it. Amazing.
Samsara. Very heavy.
Embodiment 12.14, Slain of Myself - both were from this heavily Christian era but made really good songs.

These are all pretty old bands these days. Add in Life.Love.Regret and The Dead Walk for good measure. Endlesss Heights are ok for a newish band.

DC Clinks
BSOS Beast

Post by DC Clinks » 06 Mar 2016 21:57

Had an hour long 11 pm sesh tonight. Warmed up with Kemmilingus's drills for legs,picks,mirage,illusions, n clips. Spent a good amount of time drilling Osis on both sides, made some progress I think. Other things I did was a couple DLOs on both sides as well as some practice with Ducking toe/clipper (not even remotely consistent yet but I have the general feeling down). As recommended by my Aussie mate Daniel², here are some heavy ish/ not wub wub songs from him/me: ----
(Wub wub songs below) As before, first song of this list is the fucking dank, in my opinion.

Also been adding in upper body / core stuff to balance out shit after shred is over. Probably will be including new PRs for that stuff as well occasionally. Current shit is: 40 pushups / minute, can hold a plank for a minute.

Peace.