Czech This

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Add Block
BSOS Beast

Re: Czech This

Post by Add Block » 18 Jun 2015 09:27

A challenge AND a beer as a reward, I'll do my best :D
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 14 Aug 2015 09:24

There are three things in footbag that if I ever know the answer, my life will be complete

1) What is the definition of Pdx? Double hip motion? No, there's nothing like that in Pdx Eggbeater or Pdx Illusion. Far Dex bailed to another surface? Works for almost everything, except for Far Rev Whirls, which do not get Pdx.

2) What's wrong with XDEX? The more I read about it, the more sense it makes, and while I've read a thousand post by people who are opposed to them, none of them explained what's wrong with them.

3) Why don't we use the alternative nomenclature? (Open, Shut, Down) We use Down Double Down and Double Over Down but Down has to be Butterfly? Also Fairy Butterfly would be Shut Down, which sounds really cool.

I was trying some hardcore tricks, but they fucked up my knee again so I'll take a break :D I'll try my best to not do stupid stuff when it heals. I got this:

- Open OP Miraging OP Symple Drifter
- Illusioning OP Symple Grifter
- Frantic Barrage
- Terraging SS Legover (looks retarded)
- 200 Tiltless
- 45 consecutive Open contacts
- Symposium Quantum Toe Blur
- Symposium Quantum Atomsmasher
- Osis b2b

That's all, I'm gonna let the bags cool down for a while now :)

Vojta

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 14 Aug 2015 09:32

You hit the most nonsense tricks. props
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 16 Aug 2015 19:07

Add Block wrote:

- Symposium Quantum Atomsmasher
- Osis b2b

Double Quantum makes sense, and Double Atomic is doable(Cleared it on 2 occasions), but Quantuming Atomic is unfathomable to me. Props. As is, Osis >Osis
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 14 Sep 2015 09:26

Since my camera broke, I haven't had anything to post but I borrowed a crappy one for half an hour today and made a video inspired by Asmus' goofy 2007 video. It's mostly footbag but I threw in some Unihockey freestyle, which is surprisingly easy with a footbag.

A couple of weeks back I played with Verena, Evan, Jana, Alex and many others during the big Prague meet. They're all awesome but y'all probably know that already if you've met them. :wink:

- Void BS Evan taught me how to do them, it's not my style but I did at least hit it on both sides
- Null Far Mirage

My quest towards a better style has been very slow, but successful so far. On a good day, my DATWs and Pixies look acceptable, the rest will hopefully follow soon. 8)

Vojta

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 27 Oct 2015 03:18

The Czech crew trains together twice a week now, and Vašek's coming on Friday so someone will probably film. If not Sláva then me I guess.

Also glad to see Jindra's video was a success, I've probably seen it at least 30 times so far. And to anyone suggesting he is still not currently the best player in the world, a friendly reminder that nothing in the following video had been sped up.

As for me, I'm trying to learn Spinning, and that's about it. :)

Oh, and I've finally hit Pixie OP Double Pickup b2b, might be useful for Sick 3 if I ever want to compete in it.

Vojta

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 02 Jan 2016 13:12

Vojta

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 22 Jan 2016 13:52

New stuff from the last two sessions

Spinning Clipper > Osis > Repeat
Triforce Drill level 12
14 consecutive Ripwalks
Frantic Grifter

Oh, and I got 4th place in Honza's contest with this
:footbag:

Vojta

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 22 Jan 2016 21:03

Frantic Grifter is gross. Props. I wanna see that one.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 12 Feb 2016 14:21

Kylescook wrote:Frantic Grifter is gross. Props. I wanna see that one.
Thank you, I had that in mind last two sessions but couldn't hit it again.

- 17 consecutive Ripwalks only 3 more
- 13 consecutive Ducking Clippers pure luck, but I'm getting slightly better
- Pixieman > Reverse Pixieman not that cool or new but the Stepping part are starting to feel decent
- I've hit a decent Nuclear trick but since I now have an Instagram, I'll claim it when I get it filmed

I'd like to follow as many players on Instagram as possible, if I'm not following you, please send me a link to yours.
Mine will probably have occasional footage of me and everyone who hits something cool while I'm filming.

My life as a magic card :D

Vojta

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 12 Feb 2016 21:13

The #footbag is a pretty goos way to find other players on instagram. Props on ripwalks!

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 13 Feb 2016 02:32

Nathan8 wrote:The #footbag is a pretty goos way to find other players on instagram. Props on ripwalks!
Oh yeah, hashtags. Thank you, as a European, that's going to be the first time I'll use a hashtag unironically. Or at least not as a 'number'. :D

Vojta

AdAstra
Multidex Master

Post by AdAstra » 13 Feb 2016 08:58

Add Block wrote:
Oh yeah, hashtags. Thank you, as a European, that's going to be the first time I'll use a hashtag unironically. Or at least not as a 'number'. :D
I was the same way when I got my Instagram, haha. I'm [at] ihinkthereforeiam on Instagram, I'll follow you. I was talking to Nick the other day about possibly trying to start a #FootbagFriday hashtag to grow the sport.
Austin
Lexington, KY, USA, Pale Blue Dot

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 13 Feb 2016 10:41

AdAstra wrote:
Add Block wrote:
I was the same way when I got my Instagram, haha. I'm [at] ihinkthereforeiam on Instagram, I'll follow you. I was talking to Nick the other day about possibly trying to start a #FootbagFriday hashtag to grow the sport.
Found you, thanks. I did find a bunch of players, but also a metric ton of spam. People using the footbag tag in posts that have nothing to do with footbag, luckily the format is short so it's easy to sift through it all.

Vojta

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 15 Feb 2016 00:18

Solid Ripwalk number. What's Pixieman? I know I'm following you on IG. IG can potentially be a huge helping hand in the future of footbag. I always try to do #hackysack #hacky #hackey #hackeysacc #hackeysack and every other variation that people might misspell.

Also figured I should add: That bird in the picture above is a European Robin.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 15 Feb 2016 15:46

I haven't heard of pixieman before but I'm guessing dimwalk> blur> smear rpt. Nice work with the ripwalks, that's quite a few.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 07 Mar 2016 11:56

A friendly reminder to keep the trick criticism on Facebook a bit lower. I am saying this on behalf of myself, not Jindra, but I am saying it because it demotivates him.

If you release a video, and don't ask for criticism, and yet receive it, it's fine, shit happens. But if it happens 12 times in a row, you would not be happy.

A couple of people who never post otherwise appeared just to comment on the cleanliness of his recent tricks and you know what, he is not a new player, he knows when a trick is not clean. This is not necessary. Perhaps people shouldn't expect perfect execution on 5DEX tricks...

This is not just about Jindra, though. I remember some criticism on that Evan's famous 4DEX and that was just silly. These are the best players in the World doing the hardest tricks in the World, they know what they are doing.

If you want to see our best players push the limits, give them a thumbs up and stop nagging.

Vojta

AdAstra
Multidex Master

Post by AdAstra » 07 Mar 2016 15:13

Add Block wrote:A friendly reminder to keep the trick criticism on Facebook a bit lower. I am saying this on behalf of myself, not Jindra, but I am saying it because it demotivates him.

If you release a video, and don't ask for criticism, and yet receive it, it's fine, shit happens. But if it happens 12 times in a row, you would not be happy.

A couple of people who never post otherwise appeared just to comment on the cleanliness of his recent tricks and you know what, he is not a new player, he knows when a trick is not clean. This is not necessary. Perhaps people shouldn't expect perfect execution on 5DEX tricks...

This is not just about Jindra, though. I remember some criticism on that Evan's famous 4DEX and that was just silly. These are the best players in the World doing the hardest tricks in the World, they know what they are doing.

If you want to see our best players push the limits, give them a thumbs up and stop nagging.

Couldn't agree more.
Austin
Lexington, KY, USA, Pale Blue Dot

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 07 Mar 2016 16:10

i think you could have set that blog post a little higher and kept your ankle more horizontal towards the text because it was pretty the....

trollz aiside amazing stuff lately, I think you have the coolest toe barrages i've ever seen.
Kevin Hogan

BSC