Czech This

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Czech Mate

Post by C-Fan » 01 Mar 2015 09:11

Good luck with the knee x-ray, hope its nothing serious. How old are you again?

Add Block wrote: As for me, I don't play much these days, knee's phucked. I'll try to get an X-Ray.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 01 Mar 2015 15:07

Thank you, Ken. I'm 21, started freestyle at 20. I definitely started too late, but my goals have never been extreme, and I've only got a few left. :)

Jindra's shred seemed to get people interested on facebook, so I will make another one when we shred again.
If you have any requests for him, send them here and I'll make sure he'll give all of them a couple of tries on camera.
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 04 Mar 2015 15:24

Add Block wrote:
As for me, I don't play much these days, knee's phucked. I'll try to get an X-Ray.
That's killer, and kills me. Hope things heal and all stays well in ya realm.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 05 Mar 2015 05:33

Got a painless session yesterday (no knee weakness either), so there's a chance I'll be alright. I'll be filming a session with Jindra tomorrow, last chance to send your requests.

Given up on big tricks. Instead, I want to work on consistency and style, still don't like my style.

This is from yesterday's attempt to get back in form:

- Blubberman x2
- Toe Blur x16
- Butter > Rip > Blur > SS Butter > Rip > Blur > Repeat and x2 (24 contacts)
- Butter > Step SS Illusion > Butter > Blizzard > Repeat > Same with Mirages and x2 (32 contacts)
- Smear x20 > PLO > Smear x20 > PLO
- Drifter > Blur x5 BS
- Smoke > Blur x3 BS

2 Tips: Quantum SS Illusions are fun, Stretch your lower back before doing Quantum Drifters or Atomic Drifters. :wink:

Goals for this year: 50 Guiltless, 20 Tripless and Quantum Gold

Vojta

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 07 Mar 2015 10:05

Vojta

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 07 Mar 2015 19:52

thanks for all the jindra footage lately mang. there was a time in the pre BAP, underage driling jimdra days where he used my ID to get into a nightclub so i consider him a son to me :).

great quantum stuff dude, you're an awesome player.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 14 Apr 2015 08:45

Thank you, Kevin. How did he get in with an american passport without good english? I guess the bouncers though he was drunk and already unable to speak. :D

Todexon 16 is over, it was very nice. We had an audience, sponsors, a lot of place to shred and there was TV recording. We also played with XL bags, so there were a few drops in Routines, but Milan still managed to go dropless and win Routines.
We also did Battles, there may be videos so I'm not going to spoil this one. Same for Sick 3 and Big1. I didn't prepare for anything, and failed my Sick 3, but I got 4th in Big One again. One day I will get a medal.

After competitions, I got into a circle with Alex Trenner and Andreas Nawrath. This was my favourite thing this year, they gave me tips and it was just great fun to shred with them. They both have absolutely perfect form and great style on all tricks, and their trick selection is interesting. If you meet them at World, I strongly recommend you to shred with them.

Last thing to shout out, I brought my Macro XL bag, and almost everyone ended up using it for Routines/Battles. There was a lot of various XL bags brought by people, but everyone ended up borrowing my MXL. :footbag:

Vojta

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 20 Apr 2015 13:15

Vojta

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 22 Apr 2015 09:13

Barraging Mirage x2 is awesome! Props. Does that have another name?
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 22 Apr 2015 09:35

Thanks, Kyle. Barraging would be from a clipper, like in Nemesis or Janiwalk, this would be Terraging.

I've asked a lot of people about the name, but I'm still non the wiser. I've read that Erik Chan first hit that trick and named it Entrée. But then I learned some people don't believe him and got annoyed when I called it that. So now I just call it Terraging Mirage.

To be honest, I can't see why he couldn't hit it, he's a good player, and it's not a hard trick. Tricks like that don't really need a name anyway, so I couldn't care less. :)

Vojta

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 22 Apr 2015 09:53

Add Block wrote:Thanks, Kyle. Barraging would be from a clipper, like in Nemesis or Janiwalk, this would be Terraging.
Ah, you are right, my mistake.
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 22 Apr 2015 11:59

Damn, quite the link, non-uptime triples! How's flip? Could you say, hit Terraging Legover back-to-back?
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 17 May 2015 02:20

I'm working on both sides, even though flip is probably never going to happen. The set requires quite a bit of speed and my left leg doesn't cooperate.

Today I've hit Reactor on top of a reactor. I'm doing some measurements for my thesis at a reactor, so I did that just to have a cool story. Couldn't record, phones are not allowed there.

Also if you've been wondering whether some tricks are real life phenomena, Quantum Flux and Quantum Mirage are both in my textbooks.

Vojta

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 18 May 2015 06:04

Add Block wrote:
Today I've hit Reactor on top of a reactor. I'm doing some measurements for my thesis at a reactor, so I did that just to have a cool story. Couldn't record, phones are not allowed there.
Hall of Fame.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 18 May 2015 09:04

Add Block wrote: Today I've hit Reactor on top of a reactor. I'm doing some measurements for my thesis at a reactor, so I did that just to have a cool story. Couldn't record, phones are not allowed there.

Also if you've been wondering whether some tricks are real life phenomena, Quantum Flux and Quantum Mirage are both in my textbooks.
One day we will shred and talk math and science!
Kyle Cook
St.Louis
My Footblog
My Challenges

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 17 Jun 2015 07:31

My 10 year old desktop computer has died, and several fresh footbag clips with it, but I remember some of the combos so I can at least write them down.

- Full Planted* Frantic Mirage BS (strongside was in my last video on Kyle's Instagram)
- Frantic Mirage BS
- Frantic Illusion BS
- Frantic Drifter (strong only)
- Some Stepping Ducking stuff
- Terrawhirl BSOS
- Triawhirl (not good for your knees)
- Boulderbeater BSOS
- Full Planted Blurry Blur (FP Stepping Quasi Pdx Mirage)

- Smoke > Blurry Drifter
- Blurry Drifter > Bed
- Butterfly > Bed > Repeat x2
- A lot of long strings from outside shred, I think some of them are still on Jindra's GoPro so I could probably save them, once he returns from vacation

On Friday, Dexter, Honza, Milan and I are going to teach footbag to a bunch (300 I think) of kids in some small town and even make some mad money. That's what you get for living in the same country as Honza. Last time he hooked me up with a footbag teaching job, I managed to buy a new smartphone from that. Plus some of the kids I taught got quite far. 8)

* Full Planted = Between each DEX of the trick, both of your feet have to be touching the ground at the same time. See that Instagram video to help you visualize it.

Still can't hit Toe Fury (Double Quantum Mirage), my legs are too slow for that I think.

I could probably re-hit some of the stuff above, so if you want to see it or don't believe it, tell me and I'll try my best. Not the Triawhirl, though, that shit is not healthy. :D

Vojta

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Re: Czech This

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 17 Jun 2015 07:45

quantum egg bsos is ridiculous. good stuff mang.
Kevin Hogan

BSC

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 18 Jun 2015 07:21

Props on the downtime blur tricks, they look awesome. How about quantum blur?
Add Block wrote: - Frantic Drifter (strong only)
- Triawhirl (not good for your knees)
- Boulderbeater BSOS
Also really liked these. Could you do quantum egg back to back?

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 18 Jun 2015 09:11

Thank you, guys. I will try Boulder b2b, it sounds like a good milestone and I don't have any at the moment.

I'm not sure what you mean by Quantum Blur. If you mean like Quantum Quantum Mirage, that sounds impossible, but I could try it.

If I hit that, I want a medal :D

Vojta

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 18 Jun 2015 09:19

Toe miraging miraging mirage. So like a quantum set, followed by mid/downtime blur. Basically same as frenzy, just starting on other toe. And yes, I'll get you a beer if you hit that.