Czech This

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Add Block
BSOS Beast

Re: Czech Mate

Post by Add Block » 03 Oct 2014 08:46

Alright, so I edited some stuff I filmed at Jindra's. He posted the link to it on Facebook, but I'll post it here anyways. I didn't think he was going to like it, I made it just for fun.

I basically just made a footbag video that is absolutely perfect for me, but I was almost certain that no one else would like it, as my taste can be a bit weird. But since he liked it, I guess I have no problem releasing it.

Excuse the quality, I'm working with 2Mpix phone camera and windows movie maker. I'm also doing the editing 'blind', as my computer is not fast enough to actually show me the edit until I upload it on youtube. :roll:

Oh well, here's the links, both to my Vimeo and Jindra's youtube channels. Enjoy if you can. :wink:
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 03 Oct 2014 15:27

I like your taste, cause this video is fucking awesome! Watched it like 20 times already. When's the next video, starring you, gonna drop?
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 03 Oct 2014 15:36

Thanks, Derek. I was surprised about the positive feedback, I though people wouldn't like the music.

I might film some badges. That whole concept kind of died out, but I still have them in mind. They are a nice challenge.
Some of the realistic ones are Pixie Gold, Far Dex Silver, Double Dex Silver, Quantum Bronze, Stepping Silver and maybe Spinning Bronze if Gyro counts.

Vojta

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 10 Oct 2014 13:43

I think only a few people can pull off playing to Metal, and Jindrá is definitely one of them. Such aggressive style. Plus, the song was pretty rippin'. Dang, that's more badges than I could get. What's up with that shred footage, though. I wanna see some sick strings from ya.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 11 Oct 2014 06:28

Today morning, I read Derek's post, so I decided to shred and film stuff, even though I am useless at those hours. As a warmup, I did most of the Paul's challenges, but then I just kept failing at any attempt for a longer string or cool link, so most stuff is kind of lame. :evil:
All of the Pixie Barrages at the end were clean, but I couldn't link them to anything, which is why I labeled it fail. Enjoy the video, and if you can, film something similar, I like watching progress videos from players of all levels. 8)
And I'm off to play with Jindra, I hope my legs can take two sessions in one day. :footbag:

Vojta

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 11 Oct 2014 12:07

Wow man, I'm honored that someone as high caliber as yourself used my materials. Deeply Honored. One thing may benefit you: don't tell yourself that you're no good at a certain time of day. Tell yourself that you are SPECTACULAR I'm the morning/evening.

Although I intended the tiltless BSOS Challenge for players who are aspiring to become tiltless, I am happy you chose to practice those as well. To me, they make great warm up drills and they make me feel good to hit then first try when I am able to.

Man! Your links are good ones for the BSL challenge too. I really want to hit ALL of them one day. Links are so satisfying when hit cleanly and intentional. Sick 3's as well.

I'm glad you're making videos. Thank you for posting this.

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 12 Oct 2014 08:07

Snap, those Guiltless runs were pretty fat and controlled. Thank you for making the video, especially so soon. It's hard to get the best, or ever better, of yourself on film. Unless you just film every session. I so thought that 3rd Pixie Barrage was the one you were going to link out of. What were you trying to hit out of it? I shall try and put up a video here soon. Hope your legs survived the day!
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 13 Oct 2014 12:14

Thank you for your kind words, guys, it's a great boost. I use those challenges every other session as a warmup, they're versatile and I don't have to make something up myself, that's always nice. :)

I really like Paul's new video, some of the stuff was really unexpected, but very clean and with the best form as always.
My pixies are all over the place, I can't stop dancing around flailing legs furiously while doing consecutive pixie tricks. That's why I wanted Derek to make a video, I need to steal those controlled pixies, which he has.
In the fail section, I was trying to his Pixie Barrage > Pixie DaDa Curve > Blur > Triple ATW, I've hit that before and thought I could again with a camera on. Yea, that did not happen. :D

In other news, I had a session today. I made up a new 5ADD downtime component, nothing fancy, just good old dexes. I am pretty sure it already exists, but I have never seen it. It's really easy, though, it's almost a loophole in ADD system, but I really like the movement and disregard the ADDs. I will make a video with this, for now, let's call it Torque Curve, and the reverse is Flux Curve.

- Pixie Torque Curve
- Pixie Flux Curve
- Blurry Torque Curve (first 7ADD) :twisted:
- footed Quantum Torque Curve

Vojta

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 13 Oct 2014 12:37

sick pixie grifters dude!
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 15 Oct 2014 09:06

Thanks, Kevin. Pixie Grifter is surprisingly easy. :)

Not much happening today, but I thought I'll practice for 100 tiltless with a lot of variety. I managed 63, combining all normal 2 ADDs, so not quite there yet.
I used to do consecutive legovers until failure at the end of each session, so today I did that after a long time. I got 113, I'll do that every day until I can get 150 or 200.

I told Derek to try some Pixie records, and that I'd do some myself, but I wanted to get the Toe Blur record first, which will take a long time. I will go for Pixie OP Pickup, though, it would be nice to have those under control. They can get really chaotic and hectic.

Vojta

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 15 Oct 2014 23:28

You are getting effing good!

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 16 Oct 2014 02:48

agree. Must be something in that Czech water...

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 19 Oct 2014 02:27

Thanks guys, I'm afraid there's nothing weird with our water. It really comes down to the fact that we like to shred every single day. I do agree that Vašek is predisposed for footbag, but not in the way most people think. He would be good at any sport, he played for 8 hours every day when he was a teenager. That's how he got good. Most people can't do that, I know I can't, that's why he's a legend.
I practice for 2 hours every day, used to be 3 hours when I had more time, so my progression is fairly quick, but nothing to write home about.

Came back from Czech Champs, not many people there, but a very cool atmosphere, since most players know each other for a decade. Honza has won everything except for net, we did Routines, Circle, Big One and Sick Three. There will be videos. :footbag:

Vojta

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 21 Oct 2014 11:11

My Quantums are falling apart, so I decided I'd start playing in my new Lavers. I got them from a shady place so I have no idea what they actually are, but according to their weight, they should be the old ones.
I was postponing them as long as I could, because they just suck. Either I have a really awful pair of Lavers, or they're generally very bad for footbag compared to Quantums.

The problem with mine is that the toe walls close in. And yes, I have tried everything, absolutely everything. Including 20 different lacing styles, stretching them out for several weeks, soaking them in water, nothing works, they always go back. So, today I cut the walls, I cut out the first eyelet. I know this is not advised, but there was no other way.

I had a final Quantum session today, so I did some Badges, knowing I will be useless in the new shoes. I got Pixie Gold, Far Dex Bronze and Dual Dex Bronze on camera.
Not sure if I'm looking forward to my next session, I was just starting to hit some cool tricks and now I have to start over again. :evil:

Fuck me sideways

Vojta

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 21 Oct 2014 23:14

Props on the badges!

Mathias Blau has cut out his eyelets and he has some of the best pixies/fairies in the game. Maybe it won't be all bad!

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 22 Oct 2014 01:00

Thanks, Asmus. I like Mathias' style, so that's good news. :)

I never understood why it should be a bad thing anyway. I'm not using the walls for anything.

If anything, the walls are bad for your style, because you can use them to boost your pixie sets. Now, I don't know of anyone who does that, but it came to my mind once and I rejected that idea very quickly.

Those Lavers of mine are getting weirder and weirder. I checked other Lavers, and maybe spotted the problem. The toe walls on mine are twice higher than they normally are. Off with them, :lol:

Vojta

Derek
Fearless

Post by Derek » 24 Oct 2014 07:44

Yeah, like Asmus posted, Mathias does that. And he is a shuffle lord. I thought you had Quantums, but wasn't sure, sucks they are borderline extinct. Old Lavers aren't that bad, they are better than new Lavers :lol: I'm starting to become a big fan of shredding in my running shoes, so light, and mesh in the right places, like with the Nucleus'. Fudge what's advised, do what you gotta do. Sounds like some funky Lavers anyways. Big props on the badges, jealous of your Pixie Gold on film and looking forward to peeping them.

Could always try and take your Q's to a cobbler, and see what they can do.
Live, Love, Footbag

Derek Littlefield

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 24 Oct 2014 12:26

I still have my Quantums, but throughout winter, I'll be playing on an indoor tennis field with other Prague players, so I don't want to destroy them. Also, eventually I might practice triple ATWs with my heavy Lavers. That way, I might have a chance to hit quadruple ATW when I take my light Quantums. I did hit a couple of triple ATWs today, but it's definitely heavier than before.

I made a point to get 100 tiltless with some variety, so I though this would be a good time to start, so I'll get used to the shoes. And so these are my goals and progression:

Legover > ATW (OUT) 80 contacts
Mirage > SS Mirage 52 contacts
Pickup > ATW (IN) 44 contacts
Illusion > SS Illusion 20 contacts :oops:
SS Clipper > OP Clipper 100 contacts 8)
150 consecutive Legovers -> handcatch

Feel free to race me. I'm not sure if I can do 100 in each, but I will try my best.

Vojta

MetZelRio
Fearless

Post by MetZelRio » 31 Oct 2014 18:50

Well bro, I remember when you put together a Both Sides Link with Dimwalk>Blur, and I thought, dude... no way could I do a stepping set out of a Butterfly, not happening any time soon...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZLldtruc_0[/youtube]

Thank you so much for your kind words to me and your encouragement. You're one of the reasons I've stuck around.

Did I pronoounce your name good??

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 01 Nov 2014 02:51

Thank you, good sir. That is my favourite link, so the fact that someone links it to my name is naturally making me very happy. :)

MetZelRio wrote:Did I pronoounce your name good??
That was correct. Looking back at other Czech players, my name is probably not the worst. I'll have to ask Jindra how other players pronounce his name. :twisted:

Vojta