Persistance Leads to Success: a Footblog of Carter

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Persistance Leads to Success: a Footblog of Carter

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 04 Aug 2015 11:21

carter24449 wrote:I can't foot bag for about 2 weeks... strained something really badly... BASEBALL PRACTICE...
Quit baseball.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

carter24449
Hack Fiend

Post by carter24449 » 02 Sep 2015 14:32

I haven't been on modified for like a month so you guys are probably expecting a big writeup, but to be real, I don't have one. I have almost fallen off of the footbag path. I just hit a road block that couldn't overcome. I almost quit to be brutally honest. I have come back with the will, and the heart to try again, to better myself and to not be like the other pussies who quit before with no good reason at all. hope all of you guys can welcome me back. wait maybe this is gonna be long... since i last saw a footbagger (Nathan and Nick) I have done minimal things to do with footbag. I worked a little here and there on clippers, hit a little bit of things more solidly. it occurred to me 2 days ago that I missed the footbag community. it was about 5 minutes before I left for Hershey park, I saw my lonely sandmaster footbag sitting on my bookshelf. I quickly pocketed it and my wallet. I would love to say that I footbagged a lot at Hershey, but I didn't. it just took one 5 minute session by myself to realize that I cant quit now, I put too much work in to quit. a month of toestalls, a few months of clippers, a month of mirages, a month of atw/orbits (that's why I have solid ass toe stalls). In that session I did a little bit of stuff that was just fun to do, I did osis with ease (something I used to struggle with), and hit a few flapper stalls (dedicated to nick polini). I even hit my first whirl. i made sure it wasn't a bullshit whirl btw. i even picked up 2 girls while i was there to whom it may concern. i tried to make it short, but the words just kept rolling off of my fingers. oops

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 02 Sep 2015 21:52

Bummer you almost quit :( I have a lot of faith in you as a sick footbag player in the future. Nathan drives now, so you shouldn't have a problem meeting up with him. He plays all the time, so just hit him up. I'll be down to kick every now and then too. Don't give up. You've showed promising stuff so far. If you want to overcome your road block, meet up with Nathan soon and ask him how to overcome it. He will show you.

Hope to kick again really soon.

Oh and if you hit up the Hershey Park water park, there is actually a footbag player who works as a lifeguard there, named Krystof. You probably saw him but had no idea.

I hope you stick with it this time. It can be easy to want to quit. But do me a favor.. attend your first real footbag jam, THEN you can decide whether or not you want keep going. It would be a damn shame to see you go before you experienced a real footbag jam.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

carter24449
Hack Fiend

Post by carter24449 » 10 Sep 2015 02:31

Yesterday I kicked with Nathan. His game was looking a lot better than the last time I saw him. I was stupid and wore jeans, but I still did pretty good. I hit a few good tricks that I have struggled with a lot. I hit my first swirl (it was the), I hit another whirl, and I hit my most solid osis ever. Nathan actually got my swirl on video so that was pretty cool. I also filmed his janiwalker for him. So overall I did ok in the session. it seems that my flip side clippers are getting more solid and I actually have control of the sets finally.

carter24449
Hack Fiend

Post by carter24449 » 17 Sep 2015 13:07

I just had a sesh like 30 minutes ago, after I ate my hot pocket and drank my coke, and don't forget those oreos. I had an ok session. I was solid and consistant the whole time, but I do have some highlights that I want to share.

- my sisters playing of the guitar and singing in the background (shes single btw)
-hitting my first paradox swirl
-swirl>ducking clipper
-clipper 12x ss
-clipper 4x fs
-hit some solid illusions

That's about it...

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 17 Sep 2015 13:51

Shut up. You didn't hit pdx swirl already, that's not allowed.

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 17 Sep 2015 14:48

carter24449 wrote:
- my sisters playing of the guitar and singing in the background (shes single btw)
Does she like Barrages and cheap champagne?
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta

Allan

Post by Allan » 17 Sep 2015 15:43

What's paradox swirl? Pretty sure swirl can't be paradox ...
:D

Allan

Post by Allan » 17 Sep 2015 16:45

Allan wrote:What's paradox swirl? Pretty sure swirl can't be paradox ...
:D
But now that I think about it, it actually kind of makes sense to me. I think you mean what I would call "far" swirl? So, set from left clipper, but do the swirl with the right?

Wow. I haven't thought about paradox for a long time. Maybe just ignore this entirely :D

carter24449
Hack Fiend

Post by carter24449 » 01 Feb 2016 08:13

Hey there everyone. Carter here. I have a few big things i have to share with you. Me and Nathan hadsome solid footbagging this weekend and i went hard to hit torque and i got so close so many times, but failed to hit it (over 100 attempts easily on saturday alone). I still happen to be sore. I also hit near pickup bsos.

Today in art class i decided to try torque a few times and it happened to work out after about 5 or 6 tries. Happy $

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 01 Feb 2016 09:08

Props for Torque or as I they say in Paris - Quetor! (Don't ask me why)

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 04 Feb 2016 14:28

Go torque! That's a 4 you know, and an extremely uncommon first 4 at that!

boyle
Post Master General

Post by boyle » 04 Feb 2016 17:40

I think that might have been my first 4. Don't really remember, it was a long time back.

Nathan8
Shredaholic

Post by Nathan8 » 12 Feb 2016 21:10

Guays looked great today! Sadly that's all I can report because our session lasted a whopping 3 minutes. Carter rolled his ankle. I think it will heal in 2-3 days.

carter24449
Hack Fiend

Post by carter24449 » 08 Jul 2016 11:58

*wipes dust off of his footblog*
I have gotten back into the swing of things sinve my baseball and volleyball seasons ended. We made states for volleyball for the first time in daniel boone high school history. Footbag had been on the backburner for a couple of months and i hadnt touched a bag in so long. I finally picked one up and started kicking and did some clippers and mirages. I had lost all of my gootbag stamina and was done in like half an hour. I did a little more in the next few days and nothing had really clicked to make me feel passionate about the sport again. Then creation festival comes on by and since nathan is a part of my youth group, we both bring our lavers. We footbagged for about 10 hours total in 3 days. I felt substantial improvement on my game including learning stepping sets. I almost hit my first torque since my long break from footbag. I have been practicing for about 2 hours a day working on tiltless and pushing for harder tricks towards the end of my sessions. My highlights are astounding since the last time i checked in on here so enjoy.

*ripwalk (almost both sides)
*double legover (one side)
*orbitting inside stall (one side)
*6 tiltless contacts
*3 guiltless contacts
* drifter (almost both sides)
Follow my instagram (conk_not_cock) for videos of me footbagging

Kylescook
BSOS Beast

Post by Kylescook » 11 Jul 2016 03:46

Props on ripwalk! keep it up man.