Jorden's Journal

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 07 May 2009 21:20

Jorden wrote:
- neck stall > back sole kick > forehead stall rpt X 3
that rules! all the new tricks you posted are really really cool. (really)

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 07 Jun 2009 16:40

-=Sunday June 7th 2009=-

So, I'm Jay Boychuk writing on behalf of Jorden Moir, without his consent or knowledge. I do this because, I think modified would enjoy knowing about the life of the Destroyer.

Multiple times this weekend, Jorden Moir has performed a 5 minute routine, at an event in his Dad's town of Dundas, called Buskerfest. Yes, indeed, this is the town in which all gracious footbaggers know the session series was made. If you search hard enough within yourself, you can pretty much guide your inner compass to find this basement dwelling that created Jorden through his earlier years. This town has a typical North American main street, which had been barricaded off for pedestrians only, in the pursuit of seeing the finest buskers Dundas and the Ukraine have to offer. I would guess 6 blocks, encompassing the majority of downtown had a weekend of hyper-sugar-lemonade, fake tattoo's and non-short-shorted double spinning Jorden. Other buskers included Native Aboriginal Canadian's doing their thing, Magicians, Jugglers, jump-roper-s, sidewalk artists and more. This wasn't chaos however, there was a map and time schedules for each performance that would happen on a perhaps tri-daily time slot. I arrived, to the Sunday 3:00 PM "Zacada" circus school performance on a corner of the street, where the advertised GIC rate was 3.75%, if memory serves correct.

So, Jorden's routine went, 100% smoothly, and 100% expertise filled. If you were wondering "hey, how good is Jorden at doing what he does?" He was a 1/4 of the show at Buskerfest, the main first attraction to keep sugar-high 4 year olds, their dreadly parents and teenagers alike interested enough to watch 5 ENTIRE MINUTES, of footbag. Now, we should all take a moment of silence, and understand how much of a ground breaking accomplishment this is. Ask yourself "Have I actually made a stranger watch me play, for more than 4 strings without any verbal interaction?" Well, Jorden and his cargo shorts kept a full crowd of asian babies wearing "I love Chocolate" shirts breathless at footbag. Bow to him, the next time you see him.

Jorden's routine was played in full character. He entered the stage in complete act, full costume of cargo pants, collar shirt and vest with a hat to seal the deal. He changed his voice, and changed his entire personality to fit the character that would appeal most to the audience, and was 100% convincing, to even I who knows him on a non-stranger level. Fluorescent granny bags and quantums a-foot, he first kicked, flew, and head-butted his way into actually making the audience wow and clap. They didn't even know what was coming, but being both sided, letting the audience KNOW it was bothsided without telling them, and showing them the skill of keeping a bag in the air was enough to make everyone (including me) say "I couldn't do that". Then the stalls came through, then the juggling, and then even more than you know Jorden to do. I guess I am relatively privileged to actually know what the Destroyer is capable of, being a local audience. It is a shame that the rest of the community has only had now a glimpse of his performance talent from TodeXon, which has many differences from non-footbag-audience Moir.

After four minutes, he broke out the shred, symp whirled ripwalked swirled and dove his way into completely blowing the crowd's minds. I saw grown men beside me completely leave their conscious guard and let their mouth go in awe, and have their wives be too enthralled to even notice this phenomenon. Jorden's character, who created comedy made footbag look cool and fun, and actually funny when he let the bag "seemingly" defeat him, even though 100% planned. The audience afterwards gave him their applause, respect, and gratitude by pitching money into the Zacada school buckets and 'proping' him for his performance even afterwards. Jorden Moir, again, was a vital part in actually selling out his circus school theater shows next week, forcing many to purchase 2 weeks in advance.

Like, can you realize how epic this is? FOOTBAG has created demand from the general public. A flawless, dropless, routine that has been mastered by the Destroyer made people pay for them and their family, or friend/girlfriend to go watch him. Jorden's goals are real, have been achieved and I imagine there are more which stretch way further than Dundas, Stony Creek and Hamilton Ontario. It is possible, and one day likely will be that our Jorden Moir can show footbag in his light, in his vision and attract people to see the greatness that we all do.

Moses.
Jay Boychuk

King Monkey
Post Master General

Post by King Monkey » 08 Jun 2009 16:04

Video?

:P
Ian Pritchard - http://www.ausfootbag.org

'People, just play Footbag and stop being dickheads!' - Michał Biarda

Colin
Flower Child

Post by Colin » 08 Jun 2009 16:30

jay7 wrote:-=Sunday June 7th 2009=-
My favourite part of this whole thing is that you used his letterhead. Well, not really. But it deserves comment.

Umm, well done JM.
Colin Kennedy
ckennedy@footbag.org

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 08 Jun 2009 16:54

Sorry I missed the show! I just a couple hours late, but that counts for something right?
Johnny Suderman

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 21 Jun 2009 07:22

Wow this is so awesome. Huge props Jorden!

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 07 Jan 2010 12:29

Jorden Moir

sidekick
Egyptian Footgod

Post by sidekick » 13 Jan 2010 19:22

Jorden wrote:Recent interview:

http://www.jugglingequipment.com/blog/
Wow, that was a cool interview. I like the answer to the time machine question. I also guessed right about the singing, what kind of troupe is it? (I can just imagine you in a barbershop quartet...)
Nick Landes

Proudly Representing Fourkast Footbag Co.
http://www.fourkast.com

Portland Blog

All the ladies love Matt Cross because Johnny Depp + Footbag = Matt Cross

Mastery is the combination of knowledge and practical experience

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 13 Jan 2010 19:30

If Worlds was in NA this year, would you attend and would you compete in routines? In other words, would you resurrect your competitive footbag career if it were convenient?

Nice to hear from you.
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 14 Jan 2010 13:51

I wouldn't mind a final shot at the title. :)
Jorden Moir

Tjuggles
Flower Child

Post by Tjuggles » 31 Jan 2010 19:14

Jorden,

Just wanted to say that I think your performance at the circus was great! You had great presentation, great costume, you looked like you were having fun, and I think that that audience also liked it. Props!
TJ Boutorwick

"You can do anything" -Greg Nelson

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 05 Mar 2010 14:10

Follow me on Twitter!

http://twitter.com/Jordenmoir
Jorden Moir

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 13 Mar 2010 20:09

Eyes closed combo: [L toe > R toe > L toe > neck catch > back sole stall > same pincher] :)
Jorden Moir

Will Digges
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Will Digges » 15 Mar 2010 13:13

Nice one Jorden!
Will Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 10 Apr 2010 16:01

Mtl Session:

- neutron legover
- muted whirling same butter > triage
- stepping reaper > enterrage
- both matadors and barfrys in a run
- pdx ripwalk BSOS
- wonton illusion b2b
- far what > fairy diving mirage
- stepping voodoo > fairy same egg
- surge > bladerunner
Jorden Moir

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 15 Apr 2010 13:40

-=Thurs April 15th, 2010=-

- gyro sidewalk b2b
- pixie ss xbd rake b2b
- whirling far pickup > fairy same whirl rpt
- both duck pdx dlos and vertigos in a run
- pdx tapping dlo bsos
- pdx tapping whirl bsos
- toe muted same foot swirling ss mirage
- tornado
- dolomite swirl > dbl spin clip
- swirling ss legover
- stepping reaper > pixie ss dada
- barraging far pickup > fairy ss dbl pickup :)
- swirling whirl > barroque
- flying butterfly stall
- flying motor stall
Jorden Moir

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 15 Apr 2010 15:30

-= Blah blah =-

Whirlwalk->ps torque.

You forgot.
Jay Boychuk

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 15 Apr 2010 16:40

Those session updates are so hardcore. Drive safe on your way here!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Jorden
Retro Athlete

Post by Jorden » 21 Apr 2010 07:10

New video link on the twitter account: twitter.com/jordenmoir

I'll be phasing out of using this footblog and transferring over to twitter for posting news/updates.

Follow me! :)

Jorden
Jorden Moir

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 21 Apr 2010 07:57

If you visit http://twitsig.com/ you can generate a lil sig image like the one I have for forums and whatnot. That way, those that dont follow you on twitter, or dont use it, will still get updates as and when you make posts around the forum.
Ian Cozens
My FootBlog :: PureShred