sen

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
sen
Post Master General

sen

Post by sen » 14 Sep 2004 11:04

This first post is going to stay updated with Goals and other random information I want to be able to find quickly.

Hi, I'm Tony Whitney, but most of the people on the forum would recognize me as sen

A little about me: I started getting into Footbag sometime in 2002, although I have memories of playing with a Hacky Sack that date back earlier than that (a Whamo 12-panel I believe. I couldn't get past 7 consec kicks). After learning there was a sport and hundreds of tricks I was hooked. I watched Video's every chance I got and kicked during class and breaks in high school. I played fairly regularly up until grade 11 or 12. Then other interests horned in my footbag time and footbag slowly took a back seat. *NOTE: this blog was started back before an of my big breaks, while I was still in High School. I'm 22 now, and I'm rewriting this first post to give a better idea of how I got to where I am and where I am now.

As I look back on my blog I can see that footbag didn't always just fade out, but at least on one occasion I made a conscious effort to quit. What a dumb idea. It certainly didn't better my life any. I just replaced the time spend shredding with playing video games and eating junk food. Real smart... :roll: Anyways in the 9+ years since I first learned about footbag I have probably not played for as much time as I have played. I'm trying to correct that problem now. Read on!

-Playing footbag hurts my knees too much. I'm not sure if my knees are effed up at this point, or if footbag just puts too much pressure on them. I'm over weight. My Wii calls me obese. Most of this weight is in my stomach. With this weight on the top portion of my body I can see how much stress is being put on my legs when I play. I haven't really played in... a long time. I'd have to look back at the blog to figure it out, but I know playing REGULARLY was over 3 years ago. I think I want to play again, but I have a HUGE roadblock in my way to get there.

ONGOING GOALS SECTION:
Will continue to update this section with new goals as I progress.

Footbag Goals:

:arrow: 40 tiltless consistently by Jan 1, 2019
:arrow: 10 contacts of Shuffle by July 1, 2019
:arrow: Learn to step by Jan 1, 2019
:footbag: Infinity x50 by Sept 15/12 done Dec 18/11
:footbag: 150 Clippers by Jan 31/12 done Feb 4/12
:footbag: pixie whirl > p Mirage rpt by June 15/12 done Feb 11/12
:footbag: 75 Tiltless by Mar 15/12 done Mar 23, 2012

Fitness related Goals:

:arrow: Down to 180 lbs by May 28, 2019
:arrow: Do an Assisted Hand Stand Push-Up by Jan 15/19
:arrow: 5 assisted Hand Stand Push-Ups by Feb 15/19
:arrow: 50 Decline Push-Ups by Mar 31/19
:arrow: Hold an unassisted Hand-Stand for 10 Seconds by May 15/19
:arrow: 100 Push-Ups by June 30/19
:footbag: Complete Insanity by Jan 15/12 Done Jan 8, 2012

Footbag Goals (Fall Winter 2018):
1. 75 tiltless
2. 40 tiltless consistently
3. play a few times a week while focusing on fitness
4. Shut Down > P mirage rpt [X]
These goals deadline is Mar 15, 2012

Getting in Shape:

Reasons I want to get in shape:
1. To feel better
2. So I believe my wife when she tells me I'm sexy
3. Being able to find suits in my size and not feel like shit when nothing fits.
4. So that Footbag doesn't hurt

Picture Journal:

These are from Dec 19/10 About 2 weeks into my training. Now I've been trying to loose weight before this, but 2 weeks ago I started the 10 minute trainer.

Here are pics after 4 months of Ten Minute Trainer and on Day 1 of POWER 90.

And here are pictures from Day 30 of POWER 90 (May 5, 2011)

Day 63 Power 90 (June 6, 2011)

Dec 16, 2011
Last edited by sen on 29 Jul 2018 18:31, edited 83 times in total.

sen
Post Master General

Stitching

Post by sen » 14 Sep 2004 11:08

I've been messing around with 14 pannel bags for a while and plan to start sewing alot of them. I made one last night, but after only a few hours of play the stitches seem to be pulling out. I think I just need to tighten up my stitches and leave a much smaller gap between them.
Mega-Volley is only a few weeks away and I would like to have some bags to sell by then so I will spend the next few weeks sewing whenever I'm not playing. At Mega-Volley (a HUGE volleyball tourney my school hosts) there are always people interested in my playing so I plan to have some bags to sell to interested ones so that they can learn the sport.
I'm off to sew.

sen
Post Master General

WOW

Post by sen » 16 Sep 2004 11:34

Whoa, after a session during my spare today at school I made lots of progress.
First of all my strings were alot longer than they ussually are. They were almost all over 5 tricks long. I also got alot more variety in my runs. That felt really nice.
But then I decided to work on my pixie set because I had realized I was doing it in a bad way. I was performing my only double dex trick almost all on the downtime. I started flinging the bag up more and then had time to do another dex on the way up.
I was able to hit Smear, Dimwalk, pixie pickup, pixie ss pickup and a few others I forget all for the first time ever. It was sweet. Most of them I only hit on one side but it still feels good and I will work on hitting them both sides.
After that I worked on my stepping set which before today was hardly a set at all. . .
I hit stepping ss clipper, sidewalk, stepping ss pickup and a really weak ripwalk.
I think this might off been the most noticable improvment in my game since I hit around the world for the first time.

I still have 45 minutes left in my spare so I think I'll go shred again.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 16 Sep 2004 12:07

I'm back from a short session. . .my legs are killing me.

I just wanted to add Pixie Whirl to the list of new moves hit today. I was pretty excited about that.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 21 Sep 2004 11:28

I didn't footbag at all over the weekend but I did some sewing. I made a 14 pannel bag that is holding up nicely and I started a 32 pannel. It's my first one and it's taking longer than I thought it would. I hope it turns out alright. I also dyed my Lavers green.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 22 Sep 2004 10:57

OK, so last night I found out that my 32 pannel attempt is REALLY messed up. I have to rip out 2 or 3 pannels and repair it. Plus I've been loaded down with homework and studying alot lately so It will be awhile before I can finish my 32. . .if I finish it. I don't know when I'll have time to make more 14 pannel bags to sell at Mega Volley (starts tomorrow) either.

In Shredding news we have an important announcment to make. . .
------------------------------------------- wait this just in. . . dit dit dit NOTHING!

I've barely shreded at all lately. . .with nothing notable to announce, just a bunch of nothingness. hopefully this weekend at Mega volley I can progress some more while gathering interest for the sport.
I've set a goal of linking 3 double dex tricks by the end of October so I've been working on that but I feel getting my 2's down better is mort important. Well I guess that's all for today.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 23 Sep 2004 10:52

I've decided to post a schedule I will try to follow at every session:

WARMUP
50 alternating inside kicks and 20 alternating toe stalls

STRECTHING
Clipper strecth for 15 seconds each side, Osis strecth for 15 seconds both sides, general strecthing and get loose.

RUNS
Work on runs with tricks I know, with empasis on variety and both sidedness. Also try to get the lengths longer.

NEW MOVES/SKOOLING
Work on hitting new moves and working the new moves I have hit. Be sure to try them flipside FIRST! and work them equally on both sides.

COMBOS
Work on short combo's with some of my harder moves linked together.

RUNS
Finish with another runs section with the most emphisis on length

COOL DOWN

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 24 Sep 2004 11:19

Meh, yesterday was the first day of Mega Volley. I played a bit and a few people were interested, unfortuanatley as soon as they started getting into it they had to go play volleyball. . .go figure, eh?
I didn't hit anything new or anything to impressive but i played from 12:30 untill 3:30 and my legs were really sore, then I went to work. . . I legs seem a bit better now and I'm hopping to go even longer tonight, there will be WAY more people there tonight so hopefully I can find some potential playaz!
PEACE!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 24 Sep 2004 11:21

COMMENTS ARE WELCOME

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 24 Sep 2004 22:46

What is Mega Volley?

I'm going to make up an explanation for fun.

Mega Volley is a Swedish game that is played mostly in India. It is comprised of 81 players on each team. The point of the game is to race to see who can paint a fence the fastest, then the other team tries to break that time. There are 9 of these exchanges then they plunge into eight consecutive, break-free, hours of scarbbleopoly opoly hippos (a cross between scrabble and monopoly and hungy hungry hippos). At the end of all this the scores are thrown out and the winner is decided based on a single round of thumb-wars between each teams waterboys.

It's quite riveting to watch. Though as sen pointed out, most people just wind up playing volley ball instead.
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 27 Sep 2004 11:28

That was the funniest thing I've read in the longest time, but actually that comments are melcome was meant for the entire footblog.

I guess I will explain what Mega Volley really is now. It's bassically just a big VolleyBall tournament that my school puts on every year. We get about 96 teams competing each year which is pretty big for a town are size. The population in Maidstone is probably doubled on the mega volley weekends.

I finished my 32 pannel bag finnally, but it is HUGE!!! I need to get a different pattern.

Also I have to time some time off due to leg pains. I was planning on taking a week off, but last night I further injured my legs while Dirt Biking. . .so I may be out for longer.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 29 Sep 2004 11:24

I've been strecthing at every oppurtunity all week and waiting for my knee to feel better so I can play again. I'm not sure when that well be though. . .in a few days I leave for a two week holiday where I won't have much time for shredding but I plan to make time :lol: I also haven't had much time for sticthing lately so I don't have any new bags. . .oh well.
I guess that's all to report for today.

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 30 Sep 2004 10:38

Tried to have a session last night. . .no highlites from it though, becasue there were none.
It was veery short and I couldn't hit anything. My run length was super short and it just seemed pointless to continue.

sen
Post Master General

Back from my travel's.

Post by sen » 20 Oct 2004 11:10

Hey everyone. . .it's been a while since I had an update in here. I was gone for 2 weeks on a holiday. I went to Toronto, Niagra Falls, Washington D.C., New Jersey, NYC, and the Thousand Islands. It was lots of fun and at the beggining of the trip I was shredding almost everyday, but as I met new friends my shred slowed down a bit so not much progress.

I did notice my strings were getting much longer, however I also realized that my game was very one-sided so I guess that's what I need to work on most right now.
Over the course of my trip I realized that Footbag is far from my main concern in Life. I need to focus more on my religion. This means spending much more time time on study and meditaion of the Bible. Along with that I will be spending much less time playing footbag and much more time living up to my dedication to God.
I will continue to play occasionally or more than that, but not like I played at one point or like I had wanted to play.

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 20 Oct 2004 11:36

That's too bad, footbag can be real rewarding, I'm sorry to hear it's not as important any more :(
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 20 Oct 2004 11:47

Don't be sorry. I think what I am pursuing now is much much more rewarding than any sport could ever be. And remember, I'm not dropping off the face of the footbag planet, I'll still be playing!

sen
Post Master General

Here's a story from my trip. . .

Post by sen » 26 Oct 2004 10:51

So I'm in New York City walking around time square checking out suvinier shops and stuff. I walk into this one store and look around for a while, then I notice there's a basement so I head down there. I see a 99 cent wall so I go and pick out some name key chains for some friends and then I see the old skool addidas symbol on another wall so I go there. There's a wall of classic shoes including LAVER's!!!!! I got all excited and checked them out. They had mesh and canvas. I bought a pair of Mesh Green on Whites, exactly the same as the pair I have, because that was the only mesh size nines. Now I'm wondering if anyone has played or modded Canvas lavers. Whats the deal with them. Also if anyone want's the adress of the store I can get it for you.

sen
Post Master General

It's been a while. . .

Post by sen » 17 Jan 2005 11:38

It's been a while since I posted. . .and an even longer while since I really played footbag. I guess I had quite the game for a while there. I decided I had other priorities that nedded my attention so I dropped footbag.

Last week I had to stay home because I was sick. I had alot of time to think and I realized I had made a mistake. At the time I dropped footbag it seemed like the best thing for my life, not any more. I was bored while at home so I decided to wacth a movie, my shred video collection caught my eye so I put one in, then another, then another. I realized that I missed playing, so I re-evaluated my priorities. It turns out what I had made more time for wasn't getting done, instead I had filled the time in with pointless activities. I've now decided to get back into footbag!

I'm so glad to be back on the forum and hope that you guys are glad I'm back too. I have one small problem though: <b>Search found 1098 matches</b> I don't have the time to go through 25 pages of search results to find out what I missed, so I was hoping you could fill me in.
I've been gone since the end of October. Could you tell me about any news, videos, players, events I might of missed? If you can think of anything I should now PLEASE tell me!
----Thanks alot----

dazza
Flower Child

Post by dazza » 17 Jan 2005 12:06

Yo Sen !
Kool that your back, or should i say bag ?
Hmmm, lets see, there was a lotta good stuff going on here, its hard
to remember it all at once !
Lets start with vids : late nite jam from the finnish crew ( second page
of the video section), Ashley Danowski 04 ( same page), Tech Yes " to
be or not to be" (3rd page), and Ebo#s "Vasek Raw " vid !
But i stop right here since i saw you browsing the video section while i'm
wring this :wink:
EASYKINKI

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 17 Jan 2005 13:15

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll check those out! [I hadn't made it to second page yet]