Rochester, New York Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 24 Dec 2009 01:17

Beautiful Family Mike.

Haven't read this blog in awhile. Rochester's full of awesomeness.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 24 Dec 2009 14:04

Thank you.

Happy holidays everyone.
Mike Anello
http://www.rochesterfootbag.com
Never give up, unless up is what the customer really wants.

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 24 Dec 2009 15:33

I'm back.

Let's kick!
Doug Tank

Will Digges
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Will Digges » 25 Dec 2009 09:17

Mike you and your family look great, im very happy for you! :)

Doug how long are you back in town for?

Merry Christmas all!
Will Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 26 Dec 2009 08:08

I miss you Rochester!

Road trip ASAP!!!!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Will Digges
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Will Digges » 26 Dec 2009 14:05

We have a couch with your name on it tom :lol:
Will Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

will_T
Multidex Master

Post by will_T » 31 Dec 2009 14:10

i heard from a little birdie that there's a spring footbag gathering in rochester called G.R.A.S.S. i think we should try and get as many former and current rochestarians together for that as possible, it'd be awesome to meet you guys. plus i just plain miss the place.

if anyone's got a link to a thread about GRASS, please let me know. i didn't have much luck searching for it, and i forgot what the acronym meant. Greater Rochester something something....

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 24 Jan 2010 12:42

Sorry we couldn't get in a few more sessions while I was home. I meant to show up that one day but I slept in until, like, 2:30 and then got your message, haha. Anyway, hope everyone's doing well and maybe I can make it out to GRASS to see everyone.

Peace
Doug Tank

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 09 Feb 2010 14:08

Miss you guys.

Noah says...
Mike Anello

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 10 Feb 2010 16:50

man, that hair is unbelievable! do I see a little blond coming in on the sides?

handsome guy!!!

see you at the next jam, mike!
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 09 Apr 2010 12:50

I am looking for updates. I haven't spoken to many of you in a long time. How have you been? What's new in life? Still kicking? Going to GRASS?

As for me, been running now and then and I kick maybe once or twice a month. Funny thing is I now get more contacts with two bag juggling than I do with shred, but someday I plan on getting back into shred.

Work is fine. Still at Fuji. Not much new there.

Family life is great. Julia is great. She is still working at California Rollin Wednesday and Thursday nights. Stop by anytime and say hi. She would love to see any of you. Noah will be 1 on April 26. Crazy isn't it? He's a pretty happy and healthy little guy and I love him more than I ever thought I could love someone. Sorry to get all mushy on you guys, but having Noah is such an amazing experience and such a blessing.

I miss you guys. I miss footbag. Can't wait for GRASS!

Peace.
Mike Anello

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 13 Apr 2010 09:59

Wow, 1 year already! I think I've only met Noah once, and it's been a long time since I've seen you as well. That will change this weekend. Looking forward to GRASS... I will be there Saturday and probably Friday depending on when things get moving. I won't be there on Sunday... I made plans long ago to meet people down in Ithaca for hiking and to see the flaming lips.

Been playing lately, but I'm not any better than I have been in the past couple years... just been having 30-40 min sessions by myself and sometimes with the RFA. It's only been enough to slow the atrophy. I keep telling myself I'm going to practice hard and get in really good shape but haven't really committed myself.

In the meantime I've been making longboards. It started as a little project for myself, so I could skate these Geneseo hills. But it turned into a hobby once people started expressing interest in having one of their own. I built my own press and everything, been making decks and filling a few orders lately.

Besides that, I've just been working at the same place and taking it easy. See everyone in a few days!

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 13 Apr 2010 11:55

Chris,

Thanks for the update. The long board work sounds exciting. Perhaps you could bring one of your creations to GRASS. I plan on attending. I would like to see competitions and the stage show.

Peace.
Mike Anello

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 13 Apr 2010 12:19

definitely looking forward to kicking a bag with the RFA again this weekend.

Chris - A friend and I made a longboard out of a water ski once. Crazy little contraption. We ended up taking it apart because we felt like we were going to die on it way too often. :P

long live this blog.
Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 01 May 2010 09:06

Had a pretty good 40min session yesterday. Mostly hit a lot of torques, really just trying to pound them down for good. I probably ended up hitting about 50 torques on each side. highlights:

torque x7 bs (10 strong side, and 10 is record on both)
pdx torque>pdx torque bs
pixie torque bsos
fairy torque bsos
atomic torque bs

Will have another short session today. Gonna try to break my torque record on both sides and try to bsos atomic and blurry torque, then maybe work on some weird tricks I had in mind. I think I'm going to cycle through all main tricks like this each time I have a solo session.

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 02 May 2010 13:15

Chris Dean: so hot right now.
Doug Tank

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 13 Jun 2010 21:23

Yo.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTGRSbEFfJA[/youtube]

Haven't seen you guys in ages. Played once with Matt like a month ago and nothing since then, mostly my own fault for being such a hermit. Talked to Paul recently but then I ended up not coming out. Anyway, I've been playing solo more often. Usually at odd times or just spontaneously, getting ready for worlds. I'm going to worlds this summer. Getting better at freestyle so watch out everyone.

Had a good session today so I thought I'd post here. Stuff:

Lots of combos and straight up shred to push how hard I could go. Hit a bunch of cute combos like tomahawk>dyno>spinning ducking clip to start strings.
Tried drilling double spinning. Still can't hit it.
paradox blender x 50 (not in a row)
symp whirl x 50 (not in a row)
bunch of blurry torques
atomic whirl>blurry whirl>blur rpt
blurry whirl, tomahawk, spinning whirl bsos same string
spinning ducking legover>phoenix>ps whirl bsos
some fast tight high nuke sets. trying to change the way I do them.

That's it. Came home and stretched and ate some high protein food then went for a relaxed skate down Geneseo mountain.

Also if anyone's reading this blog I'm moving to Portland soon. Oregon, not Maine. Driving straight there after worlds. I wanted to tell everyone in the RFA at GRASS but didn't have a good opportunity. A number of you already know but yeah. The shocking truth. It means I'm going to be even later to RFA sessions.

Finally, to whoever's reading this blog I have a room reserved at the host hotel for Worlds so if you need a place PM me or post here. Preference goes to RFA and associates, and people I already know.

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 15 Jun 2010 09:15

quick session today

datw both sides both directions same string :!:
a run with pixie blender, spinning blender bsos, and maelstrom
two new moves which i'll tentatively call pdx blunder and duckfoot. i even hit ducking duckfoot. they've probably already been hit before so i don't expect the names to stick.
killed the hell out of my shred30. i hope i can actually hit it that well in comp.

time to rest for a few days

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 15 Jun 2010 09:42

Hey Chris I'm sad to hear you're leaving the East Coast - I haven't had a chance to call you a girls name in like forever!

Will miss ya big time you crazy nut anarchist windmill making mad scientist!

mikeanello
Egyptian Footgod

Post by mikeanello » 23 Jun 2010 05:39

Chris,

I just happened to check out this blog today because someone emailed me with interest in meeting the RFA to play. Anyway, sorry to hear you are leaving the area but I am sure it is for a positive reason, so best of luck. Maybe I can treat you to some California Rollin before you go. Anytime, just send me an email - my phone is ganked until I get the new iPhone tomorrow sometime.

Nice shred in your solo sessions by the way. I miss playing so much but am so happy to see RFA members still busy at it.

Peace.

Don't forget about the free sushi offer.
Mike Anello