Olav

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 28 Jul 2008 09:30

your something else man.

awesome shred.

bdams19
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by bdams19 » 28 Jul 2008 15:20

video!!! thats insane stuff olav!
Brian Damato
My Blog
NYFA

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 28 Jul 2008 15:27

yeah video pleasseeeee!!

I thought about FS nemesis swirl all day at work today, that's so rediculous.

YOU ARE AWESOME!
Ben Rea

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 02 Aug 2008 03:44

Thanks for all the comments and PMs. Don't have any of those shred/quints on a video, but I'm hoping to make one more video before November, with at least one quint (perhaps not mentioned in the last post). But for now, enjoy our new WRC FOOTBAG production!

Our new video is, as probably you all know (The Compromise), already available. Its topic on modified is HERE... Thanks for all the comments! I can guarantee, we won't stop making better and better videos.

Yesterday I had a great shred with Ianek Regimbald! Of course Ners was playing as well, Rożo still cannot play healing his injury, the good news are he's going to play in a few months (he can already kick). Before the shred we were in the swimming pool with Rożo, but the water was so damn cold, we had to come out quicker than usual... and the temperature outside was so crazy, I've never had my shirt THAT wet! In comparison with the air, swimming pool was dry, LOL.

Anyway, I was supposed not to write about my shred, but fuck it. There's no sense making this a secret. The last couple of weeks I didn't have much luck, injuring myself several times (nothing dangerous, but a real pain in the ass... like grazes or knee breakages) and as a cherry on top getting sick over a week ago. Each time loosing a few days, I couldn't train regularly, which is very important to get in the right shape, and a few days ago I felt so weak, it was a threat thinking 'bout upcomming Worlds. Hopefully yesterday's shred helped me believe that nothing is impossible to a willing mind.

So there were many cool things that I don't remember and only few that I do... Backside Shooting Star (1st try EVER, cleanness confirmed by Ianek), footed Sonic Clip > Dbl Blend drill (tried only once), starting a run with Frank-n-stein > Superduperfly felt nice (1st try, inspiration by vash n flx), run started with Shotting Butter > Dbl Blend > Motion Sickness (1st try ever beast, quite weird one), Surging ss Motion > Food as a request. Should get Dbl Blend > Marius drill in the next few days, very attainable. Whirring Swirls and Bluriest Swirls after a long break were BSOSed working again, that felt cool. Pixie and Fairy were on. Just got an idea for Shooting Star Swirl, will give it a try today. Footbag is really really fun, lately found it enjoyable doing Rev Walkovers or Frigid stuff etc., also noticed my crank is a loooot better after modificating my shoes a bit (that's 'cause they're too large for me...).

Oh, and yesterday I took my laptop with me, so we could watch "The Compromise" on the place it was shot, that was really cool.

Because it's so hot, a take shower every hour, and watch television alot, because that's the coldest place in the whole house. I totally love DW-TV (from Berlin, it's like an hour in german and an hour in english, mostly with a really cool american accent... I don't like british), but beside it I used to watch Top Gear... what a bummer, yesterday BBC just went off and I don't even know why... Now I'm surely gonna die in this heat.

It's really cool that my parents are gone for holidays, but my cat just can't leave me alone... it seems he has some feelings or something, hehe. It's also cool, that I totally control what I eat, and I do a LOT. There's this kind of high carbohydrates diet (with nearly no fat). So I'm trying to eat over 600 g of carbohydrated a day, portion of 150 like 1,5 hour before the workout, suplements during the training and 1 g on each kg of my body weight about 20 minutes after. I'm curious if it has some sense, hehe. Also eating tons of fruits.

Can't believe...in 4 days I'm leaving, and the next time I see my cat, will be after all those Worlds n Berlin kind of things. WOW! It's something I've been waiting for the whole year and now I'm not that happy it came so quickly. It's gonna be EPIC!
Olaf Piwowar, My Footblog

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 16 Nov 2008 09:02

howdy folks!

good to see my fingers writing a note for my beloved blog again after this huuuge, unplanned break. 've never intended to stop writing as well as quittin' footbag, finding new things to do - new obsessions, avoiding modified, hating anyone from this community, getting veeeery disappointed with my body, my mind, part of the footbag community etc., but life is bloody unpredictable - some of the things mentioned happened, some "only" partly...

those nearly 4 months were absolutely crazy, and because I probably used this expression a couple of times, much crazier then ever. the number of activities I'm in now disabled me to even think of carring this shit on, especially when nobody gave me a single sign of interest or somethin, at least untill yesterday (thanks). so why the hell should I keep it as some kind of secret, why don't' I bring it out for those who perhaps 'd like to know - I asked myself, and yeah this is kinda an announcement of my blog reactivation... maybe less footbag then before who knows

be happy.

Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ian Brill » 17 Nov 2008 19:22

Hey Olav,
It's good to hear more from you, though I am having a difficult time understanding what it is that you are trying to convey. I am not sure that your point is successfully communicated. It seems though that you are upset by the lack of activity in your personal blog and your expectations of this sport and its community, in relation to your undisputed and widely appreciated skill(s) and talent(s).
If this is the case then I encourage you not to take it personally, or even more importantly: remember to do this sport for yourself and not for the support and attention of other young and preoccupied individuals like yourself that don't want to demand to much attention to themselves to give you props that you may (in my opinion at least) deserve.

Oh, and if you did quit footbag then it is a loss to the sport. My understanding is that three major things happened in Prague this year. The event sucked, Twister won and your presence was a highlight. That's how it felt here in the States at least. Thing is though, some people got jumped, Ken was banged-up, and then the whole tournament got pushed away with other bad memories and our lives went on to create new ones.
I think that I have been looking forward to seeing what you would post next.

I am a little disappointed that you don't kick any more. Maybe next time your blog surfaces it will be filled with new tricks, dietary or physical-strengthening advice, perspective drawings, water-colorings, models, information about your new interests or unsolicited interactions from your peers. Hopefully it will not be a further installment of vague disappointment and diverging negativity.

Cheers!

Your fan

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 19 Nov 2008 16:36

heeey, thanks.

hmm I guess it was my intention to sound mysteriously... first, to advertise my further notes n make people intrigued. secondly, it cannot be said in a few words anyway - gonna explain the whole thing gradually. so please be patient...

OK, so at the beginning some chronology (without goin too deeply):

my blog ends few days before leaving on a 3 weeks long footbag tour to Strzelin, then Prague and Berlin. soo Strzelin, town near Wroclaw, was a gathering place for, mostly polish, people going to Wolrds afterwards. brilliant idea, chill out before the big event... what else can I say, it was ok

hehe, Worlds. yeah, I'm proud of being one of the lucky survivors of thiss... sssplendid week. could say a lot 'bout it but everyone probably heard how it was anyway. worst thing: few days without hot water (it wasn't cold, it was freezing! washing hands was a trauma), felt like shit. best thing: people reaction after catching my final sick3 (!), feeling the vibrations going through the floor (didn't want to go off the scene) and hearing "ssssss" from everywhere around

subjectively about the competition. wasn't prepared too well as usual. happy about my quali routine, intense, to the music I think, with Whirring Swirl in the middle and Gyro Food at the end, with 2 not important drops. semi final was not that prepared and I sterted dropping when trying to improvise on toes, stupid. from my group, beside Vash, Flash should pass into finals instead of this Russian guy (don't wanna write his name in my blog, sorry). semi stp was ok, didn't expect the finals, not during some circle I had then, was 2nd though. playd like shit in circle competition, totally fucked it up (really angry about this one). didn't prepare sick3, I never prepare it

before I start complaining, better lets move to Berlin. in contrast, it was a chill out week again and I must say a very well organized week as weel. I'm pretty sure next Worlds will be the best ones ever! The competition at the last day was perfect, and that localization of the semis pfff. didn't play too much cos I caught a cold, and when I finally played my knee was overstraightening while toe kicking and it hurt while whirls

got back home with the nastiest feeling that perhaps I'll never do my fav Blenders again etc. and was scared to even try playing. this state went on the whole next month, during witch I played only 3 times or sth. it was also the time when I was alone, mostly sitting in front of tv n doing nothing, skipping all the chances of going out n doin anything. probably it goes in circles, when you stop doing some activity u become lazier n it's harder to start doin it again

september was the month of polish champs, taking place in Warsaw 2 weeks before my studies were starting again, but alternatively I could also go to Prague, and that was th only time I could do it (and was planning that even before Wrlds). decision was extremely hard, some +/- on both sides and it was all after that weird, lazy month. once I was for Warsaw, once for Prague and other time for staying at home. I chose Prague...

it was supposed to be a short trip for the weekend, but thanks to Ales, Dexter and Vasek's hospitality I stayed the whole week. if I had to make this decision again, I'd do the same thing, had a great time and learned a couple things, very important ones. It was exactly something I needed back then, but for now I won't go deaper into it, just say that my knee problems disappeared during the first session with Ales. Also got a great lesson of controlling my mind from mr V.

was back in Wrc on friday's evening, early saturday's morning I was already in another train to Cracow to see my cousin and a good friend Klimas who also kicks sometimes. It came out to be a little footbag jam, since the information of my appearence went out of Crakow and we even earned some money playing on Crk's crowded marketplace.

that's the end of summer holidays and this note too. hope it wasn't too boring, I wanna keep some order n I know it does not explain my last post at all so keep in there

bye for now

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Nov 2008 18:33

Do you speak any Czech? How do you communicate with the guys in Prague, in English? Mix of Polish/Czech? Just curious.

Also: did you ever hit a 5 dex? If it's not too hard for you, could you try and get one on video?

Keep shredding man, you're incredible.

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 19 Nov 2008 18:39

So far as my Olav knowledge goes, he is the man who hit fs nemesis swirl.

Five dexes, and a symposium of death.

Thanks for posting Olav, I love reading anything you have to say about, anything. Are you still in Architecture? Is that coming in your story?

Edit, taken from the previous page.
Shooting ss Mofly (NOT being the first one...), Nemesis Swirl (Jim?) and FS Nemesis Swirl (probably an invention).
*brrr*
Jay Boychuk

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 20 Nov 2008 04:24

now it's almost ok, but I've had a stomachache that kept me at home since Monday evening. so beside sitting at home watching tv, I'm learning a bit (it's no secret I'm having a darn good time on the 2nd year of arch) and dying for something to eat. and got some time to write in my blog and, at least partly, answer on your questions

also thanks a lot, bacause all those "your fan", "you're incredible" really stick in my head. and beeing a very self-critical person, I do need it ")

about languages. it's embarrassing that a guy like me, born in Nurnberg (Germany), learning German for 8 years and Czech for 3 years, can only speak english, somehow. there's no excuse with German, being under 15 I was pretty lazy and short-sighted. and later realized I wanna go on architecture and (wanting or not) spend all my time preparing by myself. it's funny, I went to a rare (only 6 classes in whole country) class with Czech mostly cause I was fascinated by Dictators Praga, just few months before I started playing.

but answering on the question, we comunicate mostly english but it depends. it's hard for me to understand quickly speaking Czechs, especially Ales because our conversatios are sometimes much much deaper than just "oh, the weather is nice, isn't it?". beside I like english and use every occasion (ain't many) to polish it

on the other side, those languages are really similar, and it's just all about getting used to the diferences, I'm sure speaking and understanding much more Czech would come easly even just from listenig to czech tv. Ales easly understand Polish, because he's with Hania, but also Dexter and Pavel Cerveny understand it well and we speak polish and czech at the same time that's really cool... supranational understanding kind of... would love to improve my czech, at least understanding so we can easier speak using our native languages and still understand each other that'd be perfect, eh?

quints, quads... as well as fearless, beastly, xdexes, adds, 8, 9... 10 adds, xbd etc. - mr JM is absolutely right those concepts are not that impotant for the developement of our sport... but I wouldn't say they're completely useful. they already played a big part in the technical side of footbag developement

honestly I wouldn't expect getting any 5's on a video for some reasons (I'll come back to this later or maybe in a next part of my story/explanaitions), at least not anytime soon. instead, I can write some of my quads, that I haven't seen on the list in Symposium Shred.

FS Nemosis - Jorden was definitely first at todexon 8, 2:44 mark on the compromise maybe not that nice, I'm pretty sure there was some run after that one
FS Furious Whirling Swirl - anyone else?
and it's non Symp version, I thought Dave's got it some time ago?
FS Clown Face
Gyro Blurriest Swirl
Shooting Superfly - see 3 posts before, 1st try ever, confirmed and later recorded
Shooting Motion - I use it as my solid 9 add for some demos we do with Szymon, works great on the public especially when we go from the basic kicks
Shooting Butterfly Swirl
Cold Fusion Swirl, intense eh?
I'm wondering how many I don't remember or don't know they weren't listed... btw, where are Ales' Blurry Mirraging and Illusioning Symp Eggs?

speaking of those I thought also about BS Gauntlet we recorded "almost synchronized" with Norek (I was first hehehe). anyway it was during Strzelin Footbag Camp and the story went: Kevin was recording synchros of Gielnik, Norek and me. we did some hard stuff already, and Cod requested a BS Gauntlet... that was supposed to be a joke... but then we realized we can do it... Polish Power heh

stay tuned for the next episode of "what the hell is going on with Olav?". next time I'll finally explain something, I guess... (unless I write about my studies or perhaps experience with media?)

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 22 Nov 2008 17:07

explanations - part one.

whether it's true or not, I always felt underestimated. and think the same about Sunil or Yves, but it's a subjective observation. it goes both ways - I see some individuals overrated. not long time ago I changed my mind about Sunil and finally started appreciating him. before, he'd been the most jerky style in my eyes, probably same way my style is to some of you. now, he's the craziest technical player who adding more dexes into his game brought it nearly on unreachable level

this was always my dream, to develope technically so much that the whole sport will grow - nothing unusual, just another unreachable goal I of mine heh. as my skills rose, it was more and more visible for me I'll be at best another Sunil or Yves (to clear it up I'm refering to them as underrated examples of strongly technical players)

then I realised what works for footbaggers, works for the public even stronger in this aspect, strongly technical footbag quickly gets boring, is hard to understand and appreciate. Here comes the question what it should be - something like skateboarding or maybe dance? anyway, some time ago Jorden made me think Footbag needs lots of people knowing about it much more than further technical progress and it've stuck in my head the whole time.

in some of my previous fblog notes I mentioned those doubts, not having the slightest idea where will they follow me. also the one about dancing as something that interests me, in a couple different ways. as something that lately, thanks to tv, became common in Poland - people found it trendy and started appreciating it. it's also associated with music and emotions... not limited by a footbag and the time it goes up, slows down and then falls down under gravitation force.

so you know what I'd be doing if I have not dedicated to Footbag. however, footbag really got me in, and took few years of my life... being 20 it'd be unreasonable to start something totally new. unless there would be some greater idea. in brief, at the beginning of October I meet one of those newly-famous dancer and spend a day with her (details r less important atm, anyway, it was a perfect day!), a day that had a huge influence on me and tipped the ballance

basically, the idea is very simple and I like explaining it in the mathematical way most. imagine a very thin rectangle, where its shorter side is the number, variety of activities - in my example it's just footbag (intense). if I increase the number of activities, the rectangle becomes a square reducing the other side standing for the time and dedication. obviously it can also go further, where we take too much things and do each of them just for a very little time, now we have a thin rectangle again, this time turned in comparison with the original state. now what is most important here is the area of this rectangle, which means POTENTIAL, see what I mean?

now you must know I was really disappointed with my potential, I couldn't use it fully aaallmoost never 'cause my technical were/are so much bigger than my physical abilities. and almost nobody knows about it seeing me in a shitty form during worlds' semi circle competition thinking I can't do toes well. bullshit, I can Quantum Eggbeater B2B or just loooong varied shuffle using all 4 sets easly but it doesn't matter when nobody sees it, it's just my potential, only few people will ever see and know about and I'm not right with it.... can't carry on like this.

that's pretty much it for today, it's finally ok after the food poisoning I had, tomorrow I'll finally eat some real food and will be back to my crazy life again... back to body-building 3 times a week, swimming, jazz, funky, hip hop, locking, stretching and footbag for stamina. acrobatics somewhere in a near future. do not forget I still study arch, and it goes very well.

I don't read modified anymore, since my comeback from Berlin and it was a good change considering how much time it cost me. and I've gotta describe why I use qm 2 and 3 for the gym and not for footbag. last time I forgot FS Tsunami, that's a good one to add to the list.

will be continued...

Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ian Brill » 23 Nov 2008 10:16

Brilliant description (the square-rectangle "optimization" one). Makes total and complete sense. My understanding is that these other things you are doing will be good for your health and that you are resourceful enough that you should be able to continue to play without harming yourself, even if it's less frequently.

Selfishly I would like to see more footage from you in future because you are gifted, but also because you obviously appreciate how this sport alludes to and somewhat internalizes other grand (physics, geometry, music, perspective) things. And it shows.

Of course I would also like to see you raising structures. Perhaps even more!

Good luck doing everything that it is that you are trying to do. It seems that you have a remarkable blend of passion and the resources to make substantial things happen.

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 18 Dec 2008 13:57

many times I promised soon replies and it never worked out. but I've got a lot to say, not just fbg related, lots of random thoughts, and believe me I want to write it down in one place... but that takes time, which goes quickly bla bla bla. now I've got over 17 free days, great chance to to build up my blog

btw, I'm a rare example of a man who has to do something, has to go fwd. at my faculty ppl see me as someone overzealous, and now, having a loooot of speare time, I've got the longest possible list of things to do. things I wanna do even though I don't have to and nobody would do them being me. I'm weeeeiird.

back to my last post, any more explanaitions needed? I think the rectangle-square example makes sense, beside: 1) wanted to try some other things before it's too late 2) learn sth new that may help me in footbag 3) know better what I want

the thing is, I'm a kind of guy who thinks too much. it's not bad, I wish people would verify everything all the time, not just once and then believe in it no matter what. I hate people who see only their point of view so nothing and nobody can convince them, we have pretty much of them in poland (and that has to do a lot with their faith... but that's another story). so please ppl, have your minds open

anyway, zocha jam is far behind, another good event (hmm, maybe not the best organized tournament, but seeing all those people again, I don't care). wasn't competing, only judging 2 groups of quali routines and than finals, women routines and circle competition.

played just a bit, it was horrible (stamina!), 2nd day it got better though. decided to play footbag again, not as much as before, just to keep it on some level so when I start playing seriously it's not that bad

was supposed to go to Prague for the czk champs this weekend (we have direct trains here in wrc again so it's cheap and easy), but I changed my mind. mostly cos xmas r comming n I should help my parents with the preparations. beside the weather is terrrrrible and I've got tons of things to do.

pfff just realized how messsssssy this note came out, it's because I'm writing quickly, without really thinking what exactly I want to say and what to save for the next time... sorry. 'll try to write sth tomorrow, maybe about my methods of effective time management and maybe also about an old lady that totally pissed me off today - things I wrote to my cousine today so translating it should go quickly.

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 19 Dec 2008 02:09

in the last few months I did nothing else than sleeping (~7-8 h), working on my projects (drawing by hand, in computer programs, finding informations, designing, reading... hmm rather watching ilustraitions etc., it's a wide thing), bodybuilding, dancing, sometimes also stretching and swimming. okay, I watched a few movies, hang out with my friends sometimes. 'll skip all those obvious things everyone does, but remember they also take time.

can you imagine I do only those things, all the time trying to work as quickly as I can, like a robot? that's the only way I could do sth beside my arch stuff - if you're fully involved in it, it absorbes all your time. and sometimes you still have to work whole night. plus, it really absorbes your mind! when you give all your passion into sth, it's extremely hard to immediately stop doing something and put all that passion into something else.

at the same time it's about putting 100% in everything you're doing, otherwise it's a waste of time, your potential, your energy... it's inefficient and finally, a dishonesty to yourself. how often you find yourself doing nothing, even if you're in the middle of doing sth? how often you're loosing your concentraition, because you're at the same time watching tv, surfing the net, etc.?

of course most of the ppl (umm, I only know few personalities being so strict and hard for themselves like me) would just like to do everything in their own pace without rush, even if it takes more time it takes less concentraition, and SEEMS to take less energy. seems, because I plan time for sleeping and regeneration as well.

how do I do that. the hardest part is to start sth - I have troubles with that especially in the morning (I'm surely not an early bird!), comming back home from my classes or after a meal etc. but when I finally manage to find the passion so I'm on the run, it's all about keeping that state of mind, the concentraition. found it helpfull, at least at the beginning, to write down what I've done during the day (kepping separately a piece of paper with all the thing to do, over past few years I learned what r my possibilities so it's not utopian)

it worked fine since Oct, but the last 2 weeks I felt tired and waking up in the morning was a struggle, more than ever. perhaps, 'cause I had the vision of 16 days xmas holidays it slowed me down. now I'll pay more attention to my regeneration, but at the same time I want to concentrate more on spending every moment just like I'd like to (= efectively). one more thing, yesterday I had a shred in my room - looks like I'm back to the sport. it feels different after the break, I know more about myself, what I want, need... but it's another story

at the end I just thought about someone who'd be a perfect inspiration for me... Leonardo da Vinci! a genius of effective time management... if I remember correctly, he slept only 2 hours a day during several short 10-15 minutes naps, wow. I'd try that, but I don't really believe it'd give good results with all my sport activities. it'd rather not.

to keep it clear I'll end it now, all opinions appreciated. btw, how d'you like my blog without all that footbag stuff (which one day will return...)? thanks for reading.

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 19 Dec 2008 07:21

I like your blog even without the footbag stuff.

Could you start sharing more drawings/photos from your architecture education, I would really like to see more?

Darkshredder
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Darkshredder » 19 Dec 2008 22:46

8O I was just talking to my mom a few hours ago about how Da Vinci used to sleep in really short intervals! Crazy! Yeah it's definitely one of those things. Kind of a cool idea. But like you said it'd probably tear someone apart (unless you're a genius superhuman).
Pat Thomsen
Syracuse, New York - The connecting point to footbaggers in the NE and Canada. We make pancakes and air conditioners.

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 22 Dec 2008 06:20

at first, thanks. was going to write an architectural post anyway, but with some photos it will surely be more valuable. would've posted it 2 days ago if I had something satisfying me enough... so the problem is, I'm never really satisfied since some improvement can always be achieved... last two days I was intensively enhancing my projects so in a few days I should post 'em.

good news for all those who'd like to see me playin' - I'm back in action. had sessions since thursday and it's not that bad at all. after almost 4 months (pff, shiiiiit!) I'm pretty sure it was a good thing to have a break from footbag. finally, it stopped being just a race against time, race against my technical abilities only - I ended being able to link every possible tricks (BS), drill everything, but definitely not as a consistence player. in all this technical race I forgot how complex things are... ('ll come back to the problem of complexity in the arch post)

next thing, footbag shoes. at the beginning of October, I got my pair of black Q03 (sponsored by plannet footbag, thx) and being quite excited, tested it a lot comparing to my new Lavers. the main problem is, the Lavers I'm playing in now are the best shoes I ever had, prev ones were far too large and those FINALLY fit my foot perfectly! having flat Clippers is sooo cool and makes a huge difference, finally I'm satisfied. plus, the first one who really played in them was Vasek, since he lost (AGAIN?!) one of his Lavers (when I was in Prague) - I felt like he gave me some of his energy, but obviously it was just those perfect sized RLs. he even wanted to buy them from me giving more than they were worth...

back to quantums, of course I like them just for being our official fbg shoes, and the work people put in this project. my pair came out to be just the same size as my Lavers so it was easier to compare them (btw, my Q02 were even bigger than my old RL, already much too large, lol). right from the beginning I felt how much better Lavers are, even if it takes 2 or 3 weeks till they're ready for playing. qm's sole is slippery and I'm not sure if the amortisation is any better, pair of gooood insoles needed. worse crank + bouncy inside material. slightly convex toe... it's mostly it, you don't get that feeling that you can rely on them fully, just like I think of my new RLs, Clippers are sooo damn sharp in them!

next thing, me and tournaments. it's funny how I never really got prepared (beside worlds' shred30, you can see a part of it somewhere, there was norek's shred at the end, anyway after Blurriest the bag weeeent away, then I slipped and it took me 5 sec or sth, bad luck), so my only chance is to be in a good form. 'cause of that I act weird sometimes, isolating from the others etc. trying to concentrate, but in fact I'm scared to death that something like my semi (quali weren't much better, speaking about worlds 08 ) circle will happen. just wanted to say I regret my stupidity 'cause of which I spent more time with ppl I know very well (and feel kinda... safe with) rather than newly meet... on my mind there's especially Erik. I hope to get a chance to retrieve it

one more footbag thing, an important advice I gave to someone lately and would now like to say it out loud. in footbag (as in many other disciplines) the major thing is to never ever land on your heel! I see it all the time all over, and I believe it's a terrible habit most of us get as a beginners when we have so many new unnatural elements to combine into one motion. support leg position, clipper or toe leg position, straight corps, center of gravity, arms etc., it's so complicated when thinking of each separately! what I recomended, is watching videos of the best players (Ales, new Vasek, Jorden maybe... they're still humans though) and analysing those things while air-shredding or just even visualizing it in your mind. once again, landing on your heels, your center of gravity is too much in the back and it leads to the situation when your body falls backwards and you cannot controll it. so obvious, that many ppl forget about it.

would write some more, but I need to eat before I go on the swimming pool with Rozo. later I've got a meeting with my best friends (although we see each other rarely cuz of our absorbing studies like arch, medicine etc.). already helped my parents with cleaning our house, what a mess hehe. might not find time to shred today, but it's not a tragedy for me anymore. it will be a tragedy if I don't find time for my projects today, even though I've still got almost 2 weeks hehehe

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 22 Dec 2008 11:07

:D
There's always Berlin.

Olav
Multidex Master

Post by Olav » 22 Dec 2008 13:35

Edit: never mind. Will post tomorrow.
Last edited by Olav on 22 Dec 2008 13:46, edited 1 time in total.

Rozo
Shredaholic

Post by Rozo » 22 Dec 2008 13:44

Great that you've come back to the sport with refreshed attitude.
Keep spreading your blog just like you develop your life recently, bro. :)
Pawel Rozek