Conrad's Footblog

Keep a diary of what you're hitting, what's frustrating you, and your goals.
billman_c
Multidex Master

Conrad's Footblog

Post by billman_c » 03 Jul 2005 14:07

I finally decided to start a blog, yay!

Better late than never I guess.

After about 2 weeks of random extremely short sessions I finally kicked it into gear and devoted some time to an hour and a half session.

For motivation I left my hometown to shred somewhere else. I travelled to the amazing Fargo, North Dakota! A 20 mile drive, but it really helped me keep going. I went into the exercise studio at the health club and a few good things happened!

I basically schooled a bunch of 3 add things today, being I'm a bit rusty.

I hit:

Butterfly > Whirl > Drifter > Infinity > Pdx Mirage bs

I almost had the rpt but it just wouldn't happen

I hit clipper set Double Pickup bs

I hit Smog (not the first time I've hit it, but it has been a while)

Magellan > Pixie Legover rpt > Pixie Legover > Parkwalk > Sidewalk > Osis > hand catch

I did a bunch of random things but I can't remember what they were.

I drilled:

whirl > drifter rpt
whirl > infinity rpt

I think that's it. Basically I drilled whirls and drifters today.

I don't think I will ever shred in Hawley again now that I've shredded in Fargo. It is a happy place.
Last edited by billman_c on 30 Jan 2012 10:08, edited 6 times in total.
Conrad R.

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 03 Jul 2005 14:10

Nice job. Your whirls and drifters sound great, as does your pixie shuffle.

You should go to Midwest Footbag Championships August 6-7 in Des Plaines Illinois. 8)
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 03 Jul 2005 20:51

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey Conrad!! Great to see that you started a blog, I was just watching some older footage of us and reflecting of the good ole days... it seems so long ago that you made the trip up to Peace River!

Anyways, I hope you take care and I get a chance to talk to you soon. I haven't been online a lot lately due to the fact that I've been spending more of my time helping around the house and when I'm not kicking I'm on the other computer.

Keep on kicking :D
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

billman_c
Multidex Master

Post by billman_c » 05 Jul 2005 18:05

Great session today!

I hit:

Butterfly > Whirl > Drifter > Infinity > Pdx Mirage rpt

I almost hit it 3 times in a row but my left leg just gave out and I couldn't get the third drifter fast enough.
-------------------------------
Whirl > SS Butterfly > Drifter rpt

I like this combo now :)
Whirl > Ripwalk rpt

I was happy :)
Osis > Far Osis rpt > Infinity > Infinity > Failed Drifter

I like the Osis > Far Osis rpt combo, it feels cool.
5 Pixie Legovers in a row (my record is 8 -- )

I think those were the highlights. My session was an hour and a half long again so I was extremely tired by the end.

For my next session I'm gonna try different variations of the Butterfly > Whirl > Drifter > Infinity > Pdx Mirage rpt.

Strings like:

Butterfly > Drifter > Whirl > Infinity > Pdx Mirage rpt
Butterfly > Infinity > Drifter > Whirl > Pdx Mirage rpt
Butterfly > Whirl > Infinity > Drifter > Pdx Mirage rpt

I might throw in some SS Butterflies to make the strings longer :D

OK, that should be it for now, if it's not I'll just edit the post!

*edit*

Ah ha! I knew I would forget something. I've got all the highlights of video, I'll upload them sometime.
Conrad R.

billman_c
Multidex Master

Post by billman_c » 07 Jul 2005 11:39

Today's session wasn't that great, I was tired, my camera ran out of batteries almost right away even though I charged it all night, and I found out that I can't use the exercise room unless there is a fitness trainer supervising! ARG!!!! I thought I found the perfect place to shred, too. :(

Only one tiny good thing came out of today.

I hit Whirl > Drifter rpt

That's it, the whole session was hardly 25 minutes long.

Well, I'm gonna go and be irate somewhere.
Conrad R.

billman_c
Multidex Master

Post by billman_c » 10 Jul 2005 14:04

Today's session wasn't nearly as quisquiliary as my previous one.

I hit:

4 drifters in a row

Whirl > Whirl > Infinity rpt

SS Butterfly > Osis > Pdx Mirage rpt

21 contacts of Butterfly > Pdx Mirage rpt

A whole load of like 15 contact tiltless strings

And I almost hit pdx whirl > pdx whirl

Ah, yes, good clean fun. I also made some CRPF avatars on my free time.

I'm not sure what I want to hit next session yet, probably just drill whirls, infinities, osi, drifters, and pdx mirages again.
Conrad R.

billman_c
Multidex Master

Post by billman_c » 22 Jul 2005 16:44

Well, a bunch of good things happened in the last few days, so I'll just have to start at the beginning...

*wavy dream transition*

It all started on Monday with the arrival of Mark Emery, a fellow footbagger who just got back from boot camp.

Monday, July 18:
We had our first session on Monday night where Mark skillfully remembered how to do many tricks at once. It took him a few tries but he did get all of his butterflies/infinities, drifters, legovers, mirages, pixie sets, stepping sets, and whirls back. As for me, I did hit anything that isn't already posted in my blog.

Tuesday, July 19:
Mark, my friend Craig, and I decided to take a trip to Valley Fair. Mostly since we were taking Mark back to his place near the twin cities. We took off from Fargo, ND at 11:40 AM and just over half way to Mark's place Craig's car's transmission decided to break on us. Luckily we were right next to an offramp when this happened. We got to the road at the end of the ramp and decided to shut the car off and see what was happening, unfortunatly all three of us just know the bare minimum when it comes to cars. So Mark and I ran to the nearest town about a half-mile away from where we were and found a mechanic who towed our car into the town of West Union. A vivacious town complete with one street, about 100 residents, an auto shop (Phew!), a bar (pub), and a park.

Well, Craig's dad was willing to pick up my car from my house and bring it to where we were so we could continue on. However, he could only do this when he got off work. It was about 3 PM when we were stranded, which gave us a bit of a wait.

We decided to explore the town and found a conveniently placed basketball stadium (i.e. a slab of cement that was about 10 feet by 10 feet). We decided that the best way to put the stadium to use was to shred on it. Mark was hitting some good tiltless strings. Craig was kicking like a madman. And I hit some good things as well. I hit six drifters in a row, the sweetest spinning osis I've ever done, and I almost hit whirl > pdx whirl rpt. I also did a bunch of other things but I can't remember what.

We shredded for a few hours before we all decided to go the the local bar (pub) and shoot some pool and play darts. 5 hours after we arrived Craig's dad showed up with my car; we transfered all of our stuff to it and took off again! We arrived at our destination at about 11:40 PM, meaning that a trip that should have only taken 4-5 hours took a full 12, shattering the record that Mark and I had previously set at 7 hours.

Wednesday, July, 20:
All three of us went to Valley Fair! Ah ha! Better yet, we shredded at Valley Fair! Right next to the first aid station. It took about 2 seconds to get warmed up since it was over 90 degrees and extremely humid. I was doing better than I normally do which made me happy. I hit phoenix > random guiltless string, and I remembered that I hadn't tried pixie ss drifter in months... nailed it first try! I was ecstatic about that. Then we went to the water park because it was hot out.

Today:
Hmm... haven't shredded actually, I want to, but I'm tired. I really want to get pixie ss drifter on tape and up on my site. I think I'll just add a new feature to my blog, The WORD OF THE DAY!

Quincunx

Definition: An arrangement of five objects such that four are placed in the four corners of a square or rectangle and one in the center. (Like the fives on dice.)
Conrad R.

billman_c
Multidex Master

Post by billman_c » 24 Jul 2005 15:54

Sunday, July 24

Well, it seems that my devotion to drifters for the past couple of weeks is starting to pay off :D

This morning I hit:

A nice 11 guiltless string (improved actually)

I almost got drifter > ripwalk > infinity rpt, but I dropped the last ripwalk, args.

Stepping Drifter! Woo! I even got it on video!

Today I started making a video of myself, right now it's about a little over a minute long, but it needs to be four and a half. I'm using new and old footage. I have one clip in it that is over a year old, but I never used it so I figured I should.

I'm about to have another session right now, so I'll just edit this when I'm done. I'm gonna try and hit flip stepping drifter, flip pixie ss drifter, vortex, and blurry drifter.

*edit*

Well, not too much happened in tonights session. I got tired really really fast and couldn't do anything, then the sun went down and the mosquitos came out. So... I hit a few ripwalks.
Conrad R.

billman_c
Multidex Master

Post by billman_c » 26 Jul 2005 19:42

Tuesday, July 26

I had a session this morning, nothing was on... yup.

I also had a session tonight which was a lot better, sort of, still not super on.

I almost hit:

butterfly > drifter > osis > ss butterfly > pdx mirage rpt

And I just couldn't get the entire

dimwalk > ripwalk > blurry legover rpt

I love that combo with it's rewinding capabilities.

Other wise, just 4 drifters in a row, a few infinities, nothing great, OK, today wasn't very great at all.

Oh, well, there's always tomorrow.
Conrad R.

billman_c
Multidex Master

Post by billman_c » 09 Sep 2005 16:59

Hmm....

Haven't posted in a while...

Well, since the last time I posted I've shredded with Mark Emery, I've drilled the same old stuff, and I've a had a few good sessions.

I picked up my skateboard again.

Yesterday I learned how to ollie up a 6" high ledge and how to 50-50 grind it. Good clean fun. Skateboarding must use muscles footbag doesn't somehow because I was extremely sore the day after I started again. So, I'm gonna balance skateboarding and footbag to break things up a bit.

Oh yeah, I've officially lost 30 pounds since May. Now when I shred my knees don't feel like they're gonna explode. :D
Conrad R.

billman_c
Multidex Master

Post by billman_c » 18 Sep 2005 19:31

I had a good session yesterday. I hit:

flip blurry whirl

blurry whirl bsos

I pulled off a blurry drifter, but the dismount was horrible and not up to the Conrad Standard for a good trick, so I'm just going to call it unsealed.

I had a run that was at least 15 guiltless, it was so great!

The rest of the session was pretty good too, but it wasn't anything to brag about. I was on and everything was flowing smoothly.

I hadn't played for about a week and a half. It seems that whenever I take about a week off after a week of frustration I shred awesomely. Woo!
Conrad R.

Shredster
Flower Child

Post by Shredster » 18 Sep 2005 21:26

Wow, good job, you're blasting off like everyone else! HAHA

New for me:

Toe > mirage (drop)

Yes, I seem to be sucking that bad hehe
Chris May
Paradox=((5N^x^p)-54000aph^np)/adds
Its just about that confusing...

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 18 Sep 2005 21:41

Yeah Conrad! Way to go man, keep it up!
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

billman_c
Multidex Master

Post by billman_c » 05 Oct 2005 07:16

Yesterday I had a pretty good session, everything was going great!

I had some good string, but I can't remember what they were right now.
However I did hit:

Matador, almost got it on both sides

Vortex, almost both sides

BVortex is on of the coolest feel tricks ever and matador is just awesome.
Conrad R.

billman_c
Multidex Master

Post by billman_c » 12 Oct 2005 15:57

College is about to start soon so I'm down in Tempe, Arizona. I just finished moving all my stuff into my apartment. I'm gonna have to buy a new footbag while I'm here, I'm not sure where I'm gonna get one though. Before I left Fargo, I did figure out symposium whirls. They just clicked, it was quite odd.

But...

I don't know when I'll get my video done, I have thirty seconds to go and my computer didn't want to take decent videos from my camera, arg. One of these days though... one of these days.
Conrad R.

billman_c
Multidex Master

Post by billman_c » 28 Nov 2005 10:34

Well, it's been over a month since I've done anything on here...

I started college in Tempe, AZ not too long ago, so my shredding has been somewhat minimal. I can't wait until I find someone to shred with though.

Hmm...

Come to think of it, I really don't have much more to say, I want to try and shred today. If anything good happens I'll be posting soon.
Conrad R.

billman_c
Multidex Master

Post by billman_c » 02 Sep 2006 09:03

Lets see...

My last post was last... November (it really doesn't seem like that long ago)

Oh well!

I was shredding with Mike and Josh yesterday and I hit:

Pigbeater
Fog
Miraging Pickup

For some reason eggbeaters started making sense! I don't know why. I'm glad they do now though. What else... yesterday I was working on DLOs and eggbeaters a lot, I've just got to school the flipside some more.

Well, that's it for right now. I'll be back!
Conrad R.

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 05 Sep 2006 16:35

GO CONRAD!!
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

billman_c
Multidex Master

Post by billman_c » 09 Sep 2006 09:24

I had an awesome session with the Unity club yesterday. Everyone was doing awesome! I even bought a bag from Josh, it's totally awesome by the way! I love it!

Mike hit a flawless toe blur, he was working on those for a while. He was also working on getting some long strings going, I can't remember what the longest one was.

Josh was hitting ripped warrior all the time, except for when the camera was present.

Nate was doing a lot of pretty cool stuff, but I can't really remember what it was. All I can say is that it probably involved spinning and rakes.

Yesterday was awesome, I hit a few new tricks:

Blurry Drifter (I almost have it both sides)
Alpine Maverick

There were some drill that Josh and I were trying to school:

Blurry Clipper as many times in a row as we could
Blurry Clipper > Stepping Clipper rpt
Ripwalk > Ripwalk > Blurry Clipper > Blurry Clipper

Josh hit Stepping Osis > Stepping Osis
I almost hit Phoenix > Blurry Whirl but I just couldn't get it

Anyone who says that consecutive blurry clippers are easy obviously hasn't ever tried them before. They're a pain in the ass, but they are a good drill.

Yesterday's session was awesome and I hope all of them are the same way. Everyone was just feeding off of eachother, it was great! Today I'm only kind of sore instead of extremely sore like last week.
Conrad R.

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 09 Sep 2006 13:19

blurry clip > blurry clip > rpt is freakin hard, and who ever says other wise can

:twisted: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!EAT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!