Symposium Torque

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Symposium Torque

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 31 Jan 2006 07:29

Symposium Torque
SET >> (NO PLANT WHILE) OP IN [BOD][DEX] > BACKSPIN [BOD] > OP CLIP [XBD][DEL]

i have questions about this move. I've footed it quite a few times but never sealed. any help?

here's how I've been trying it. square your torso towards you clipper. set bag about waist high. drive the symp miraging knee out and rotate into bag. catch in an osis.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Blackend
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Blackend » 31 Jan 2006 13:39

Try not to suck. :)

Well, since I can't torque or osis very well, I've got no advise for you other than...do it again, but do it better.
Sam Mayer

"Son, a woman is like a beer. They smell good, they look good, you'd step over your own mother just to get one!" - Homer Simpson

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 31 Jan 2006 13:52

i think the most important par ti s to make sure your planting foot after the symposium is in the right position. that is, if its still pointing straight forward, the osis will be a lot harder. So try to turn your body so that you can plant your foot in the position its going to end up in.

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 17 Feb 2006 16:33

thanks nathan. i used your advice and it worked 8)
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 20 Apr 2011 10:43

bumpity wumpity. need help with this annnd gyro symp. torque.
I can gyro symp. mirage really well, but can't seem to push through to torque position (without it being scoopy). thanks in advance for any tips!
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 20 Apr 2011 14:08

I'm not the greatest at these tricks, but I have some thoughts.

1. Don't set too high. If you watch a good symp torque, the bag isn't that high at the moment of the dex itself. Setting the bag higher makes you expend too much energy on the jump, and makes the osis awkward.

2. Set, then jump. Two distinct actions. Don't try and meld them into one, cause that doesn't work.

3. For big apple, don't rush your spin. It's a surprisingly slow spin. Combined with the previous two pieces of advice, you should come out of your (slow) spin with the bag around your waist height, see the bag, and then jump. Don't feel like you need to use all of the momentum of your spin to carry the symp torque. You want to use some of that momentum, but you don't need all of it.

Hope this is of some use.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Symposium Torque

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Aug 2012 21:55

I've hit Symmp Torque a bunch of times on bs, and Big Apple on one side... and I agree with everyone else's tips, but I also wanted to add that you should turn your clipper into an osis very quickly after the set and just let your torque spin you into the osis (Osis is as cranked as possible). Like, my osis stays in one spot the whole time after the bag is set. I think crank helps a lot, so I guess I'll add that it helps if you have good crank. In fact, if you have good crank and you aren't hitting Symp. Torque, you're wasting your crank :P
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman