READ BEFORE POSTING! (Master List, and sub forum rules)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 24 Feb 2006 04:35

Great work Erik! You the man! :D

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 24 Feb 2006 07:39

ana_ali wrote:Awesome work Erik.

There's a lot of trick videos online, like the ones that Johnny made. Maybe you should add a video section on the list?
I think it would be better to put in the link to the video in the trick thread.

By the way, great work Erik. You put soo much time into this. You're the man!!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 24 Feb 2006 08:01

Well, if you'll notice, I added Job's to every move thread, and a demo video to as many as I could with the videos from my own site. If someone can compile a list of links to other video demo lists I will go through them and add links to those videos in their respective move threads (and maybe just to those entire lists on the master list as well)

I also linked to John's set videos in the set threads.
(Maybe I'll also go through and add a star, or something, to move threads in the master list that have video demos?...)

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 24 Feb 2006 14:28

You. Rock.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 24 Feb 2006 15:23

<3

thanks erik :D
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 28 Feb 2006 13:00

hey erik...arent all these links to modified.CA??
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 28 Feb 2006 13:31

Yeah, they are. Are the rules not very clear? Have you read them? If you've read the rules prior to asking this question then I need to reword the instructions in the intial post.

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 28 Feb 2006 13:41

I think his point is that those links are for modified.CA as opposed to modified.IN. So, the links in your master list don't work right now.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 28 Feb 2006 13:55

Oh, my bad.
I'll change them temporarily. I may need to be reminded to change them back when we change back to .CA. Sorry. I feel silly :oops:

EDIT: And thanks to Microsoft Word that took 2 seconds!
Last edited by Muffinman on 28 Feb 2006 13:58, edited 1 time in total.

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 28 Feb 2006 13:56

its ok :) thanks for setting this new system up...should organize information much better and stockpile it in appropriate catagories.
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 18 Oct 2006 21:27

Bump, please read the first post in this thread.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 28 May 2007 19:40

Bump, please read the first paragraph in this thread.

ALSO, if you see a thread in this subforum that doesn't have the jobs in the first post, or if it's a duplicate thread, please let a mod know.

ALSO, if anyone finds themselves with extra time and feels like doing a service to the Modified community, it would be great to have the list in the first post updated with links for the newer threads. The whole project would take hours and hours and hours (thank you Erik), but if several people keep their eyes out for a thread that's not in the list I bet we'll get it pretty well updated over time. Please just PM the link to a mod.

Thanks!

Emily Kulczyk

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 13 Oct 2010 15:00

I'm back to moderating this forum (though I'm not a Modified moderator anymore, so don't PM me about general forum issues). I just spent 3-4 hours remapping and cataloging this forum. Please heed this Master List post if you don't want your posts to be deleted or moved.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 13 Oct 2010 16:30

Additionally, I'm a little unsure about a minor organization decision, and would love some input: Is it better to have the related sets listed under the foundation set, or to have everything in complete alphabetical order?

It's a bit better organized with the related sets listed underneath, but it's kind of difficult to read and distracting a bit. I'm worried if everything is alphabetized, though, like I used to have it, someone may look up Fairy sets, and not even see the entry on Neo. If they're right beside each other, someone may connect them more readily when they may have not otherwise... if that makes sense.

Anyway, like I said, it's a minor point, but if it bothers anyone like it does me, please give some input.

I also may add videos from Ianek's descriptive system to each thread eventually. But that's another handful of hours' investment -- would it be beneficial enough to be worth the bother?

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 21 Jan 2011 12:45

I don't know if anyone will read this thread/post, but I got my first post in this forum asking for trick tips on Descriptive System trick names. It was a new post asking for advice on Open and Shut sets. For a new player this can be confusing if he/she actually goes to look for these sets and doesn't know about their previous naming, Pixie and Fairy.

I've changed the Pixie and Fairy (and related, ie Pixie Spinning, Neo, etc) to include Open and Shut (in addition to Pixie and Fairy, for those who refuse to adapt (which isn't me, by the way!)) thread titles, and the links in the MASTER LIST, but what I would like is if there are other threads that need name changing on account of the changes dictated by the Descriptive System, please either reply here, or send me a PM. That would be beneficial to everyone so that confusion with future newb posts in this forum can be preemptively avoided.

Cheers!

zachatree
Happy Hippy Hoffa

Post by zachatree » 21 Jan 2011 13:07

good call. it didn't concur to me how the new descriptive system effects new comers looking to dig up older descriptive stuff.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 21 Jan 2011 14:31

Just from the top of my head, I've changed any trick names in the MASTER LIST containing the following:
-Butterfly > Down
-Double Legover > Mixer
-Reverse Swirl > Twist
-Reverse Whirl > Whip
-Legover > Switch

If I've missed anything please let me know so that I can add the Descriptive System's naming equivalent. Some of the thread titles are getting a bit confusing too, so please let me know if you think something should be clarified in a more concise manner.

An example of one thread title that looks a bit confusing after I adjusted it is the thread for Magellan, which now reads, Pixie/Open Same Legover/Switch. If you're new, it may be difficult to understand what exactly is consisting of the forward slash's substitute. In that case I tried to forward slash the entire term. So, for example, Double Legover is two words, and can be confusing if I say "Double Legover/Mixer". Is it "Double Legover", or "Double Mixer"? Or is it "Double Legover" or "Mixer"? So in the case of Double Legover, I tried to say "Gyro Double Legover/Gyro Mixer" instead of "Gyro Double Legover/Mixer".

There's also a limit to what the thread titles can contain, as there is a text limit. And aside from the limit there is only so much that a single title can contain before it becomes confusing and superfluous.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 21 Jan 2011 14:33

I also just noticed that Wauxpin and Butterfly Rake threads were combined for some reason. I don't remember doing this myself, and I don't think I would have, as I understand that they are [maybe not so] distinctly separate tricks. It was done so far back now, though, that pages of what I assume to be tips for both tricks have been added since that merge.

Just saying.
If I notice anyone really asking for clarification between the two I will try to merge the appropriate posts to separate threads.