Paradox Whirling Swirl

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

zeroman13
Post Master General

Paradox Whirling Swirl

Post by zeroman13 » 04 Sep 2008 10:49

I have good far swirls, and good pdx whirls. But for some reason I just can't figure out for to hit this without breaking my ankles!

Any help or tips?

I've searched through 4 of the 6 pages, and there was nothing for this.
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 04 Sep 2008 12:57

I would also like help with this.

I do whirling swirls bs, far swirls bs, and pdx whirls bs, but can't figure this out.
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 04 Sep 2008 16:10

Erm, I'll just say more or less what Anssi, Mikko and a guy named "Clemens" told me a few weeks ago.

-Point your knee down on the whirl, more than usual.
-Pivot SUPER fast. So, take your normal pivot for a whirl, and then realize far swirl needs MORE pivot. So, pivot enough for the swirl,
-Half nuclear. Really crank into the whirl position as early as possible, and if it helps to think of half nuclear do it. Yeah Mikko,
-You know eggbeater? You can illusion, and symple legover, but if you did them seperately you would be doomed to always just missing the legover. Instead, for eggbeater you gain confidence and you do them basically simultaneously. Same for whirling swirl. Swirl at the same time you whirl +1millesecond.
-Just attack fast, like, if you usually go for pdx whirl with a pause inbetween the set and the dex, remove that pause. Go for it.

Justin Dale told me that leaning over, or, away from the whirl can help clearance. Obviously that isn't the best form, but to just GET the trick, and improve upon it once you can understand it better. I'm sure everyone has went through that process with one trick or another,

But most importantly, just think Mikko.
Jay Boychuk

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Re: Pdx Whirling Swirl, Help!

Post by Jeremy » 04 Sep 2008 16:42

zeroman13 wrote:I have good far swirls, and good pdx whirls. But for some reason I just can't figure out for to hit this without breaking my ankles!

Any help or tips?

I've searched through 4 of the 6 pages, and there was nothing for this.
How are you at non pdx whirling swirls? I imagine getting really good at those would be a good step ;)

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 04 Sep 2008 16:55

Thanks Jay for the helpful tips!

@Jeremy, I can do Whirling Swirl bs fairly well! If that helps any. I didn't even think about putting that into my first post until I saw Kevin's post.
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 04 Sep 2008 20:45

I'm not particularly good at regular whirling swirls, but what helped me for the reverse version was practicing them from a toe set then trying far. (Sure this might not apply for regular whirls as I have never hit pdx whirling swirl.) Perhaps practicing toe set op whirling swirl will help you with pdx whirling swirl. Good luck with the trick!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Jan 2011 10:56

Jay's advice is solid. If I may add a couple thoughts:

:arrow: I think about the swirl more than the whirl. Really focussing on doing a fast, tight swirl is key for me.
:arrow: pivot your hips more than you think you need to.
:arrow: While you can do a whirling swirl with big dexes that are not simultaneous, you really can't with pws. Both dexes are thrown at the same time, and if anything it almost feels like the swirl is being thrown earlier than the whirl, even though it isn't.

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 19 Jan 2011 11:35

C-Fan wrote: :arrow: While you can do a whirling swirl with big dexes that are not simultaneous, you really can't with pws. Both dexes are thrown at the same time, and if anything it almost feels like the swirl is being thrown earlier than the whirl, even though it isn't.
This is what Dave said at Worlds during his tutourial for Pdx Whirling Swirl.

Ohios1
Multidex Master

Re: Paradox Whirling Swirl

Post by Ohios1 » 19 Jul 2014 00:29

is it wise to look inside the whirling swirl instead of outside? When i watch vasek hit whirlswirl or whirr, i notice that he looks inside the dex window. Is that how people can dex so close and then set out of it?
angeski