['how to string moves?']

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

TCheas
Hack Fiend

['how to string moves?']

Post by TCheas » 02 Aug 2011 23:16

so recently ive been able to start continuously doing combo moves like clipper dexs and stuff but now i dont know how to string it all together into a combo. for some reason i find it hard to go from a toe stall to a clipper?? is that normal?

Added to Master list at the top of this sub forum. There are other similar topics that you -- and others -- might check out there that are very applicable to your question. -Erik (not a mod)

KRyan
Shredalicious

Post by KRyan » 02 Aug 2011 23:57

Don't worry that's very normal. Pretty sure everyone had to learn toe to clipper unless you just hit it from the start.

Anyway, you may want to practice going from a toe delay to an inside stall and then to a clipper stall. This may help you adjust your body so that you can go from toe to clipper with ease. There are many ways to go from toe to clipper, so for starters play around with your body and find the best one for you. You can try throwing it up and turning to the bag, or you can try throwing the bag to the side of your body to where you will clipper delay.
Also practicing going from toe to clipper without the bag should help.

If you can do it as well, do some toe delays to insides to wraps as it helps also with getting your foot in the right position for the clipper delay.

If you are still having trouble, video yourself and compare your body movement to someone else.
You've got a hundred years to live, but probably not footbag. Better get Shredding!

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 03 Aug 2011 18:54

Yeah, just practice the link until it feels natural and you can do it consistently. MAKE SURE THAT YOU PRACTICE IT EQUALLY ON BOTH SIDES. If you don't do this NOW, you will regret it later on, as it will effect every aspect of your game. Also make sure that you practice toe stalls and clipper stalls on their own as well. Practice consecutive clipper stalls and also consecutive toe stalls.. If you can't do the individual tricks consistently, then naturally you will have trouble linking them. It's perfectly normal. Footbag takes a lot of practice, ESPECIALLY at the beginning when you are learning clipper. Once you've mastered these basics, you'll be surprised at how quickly you will pick up tricks further down the line.

Take a look at other threads in this sub forum. There are some similar threads to this that address how to practice, what to practice, and tips for specific tricks. There is a LOT on clipper, and it would be worth your while to look through that thread specifically. There might even be diagrams. I forget.

Here is a link to the Master List at the top of this sub forum: http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... 211#216211

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 03 Sep 2011 15:03

One thing I found when I was learning footbag, is that it's harder to go from clipper to toe or toe to clipper when stalling on the same foot, because you have to move your toe position for each stall (pulled up or pulled down). At the time I thought this was why you rarely saw players using both does and clippers equally, although now I think it's just more of a meme/zeitgeist/paradigm thing, and clipper moves were "in" back then. Anyway I spent a long time doing clipper>same foot toe>same foot clipper etc. drills - on both sides of course. Or clipper>mirage repeat was another good one. It's really good to be able to transition well between them, because it gives many more move opportunities.