Inside Kick

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

dotmpeg
Circle Kicker

Inside Kick

Post by dotmpeg » 05 Apr 2012 13:10

I can't get my inside kicks consistent due to the fact that when my foot hits the bag it goes straight up, and because of that I can't alternate feet.

Added to Master List: http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... 211#216211 --Erik (not a mod)

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 05 Apr 2012 17:44

It's good that it goes straight up! I would think that the more common problem is that it is kicked out in uncontrollable directions. You don't want to kick from one side to the other, you want to twist you body (your hips). The bag should go straight up and down and you feet should be in roughly the same place when alternating. Twisting your hips will also help flatten the inside surface making it easier to control.

For once, Anssi's video isn't a great example, because many of them are out of control, but watch the kicks where he sets lower, near belly-button height. Notice how the bag goes straight up and down, very controlled (at 0:32-0:34) -- this is the ideal and most efficient way to perform inside kicks.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5eUkdf9tCo[/youtube]

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 02 May 2012 09:01

Muffinman wrote:It's good that it goes straight up! I would think that the more common problem is that it is kicked out in uncontrollable directions. You don't want to kick from one side to the other, you want to twist you body (your hips). The bag should go straight up and down and you feet should be in roughly the same place when alternating. Twisting your hips will also help flatten the inside surface making it easier to control.
Took the words out of my mouth.

Definitely learn inside kicks with good form. Inside kicks become inside stalls, and inside stalls eventually become clipper stalls.