Nemesis/genesis

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Nemesis/genesis

Post by C-Fan » 30 Apr 2014 11:09

There are definitely players on modified who can hit these. I'd love to get any advice on either of them. With genesis in particular, I feel I have a decent set, but I don't know when/how to turn my hips into the whirl dex. My quantum whirl feels fine, but when I throw furious I find it harder to turn my hips during the set, so then the whirl becomes thin because I'm trying to twist and dex at the same time. I can post a video if that'd illustrate my issue better (next outdoor session I'll shoot some attempts).

Thanks in advance, anybody.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Nemesis/genesis

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 01 May 2014 18:14

Jump higher
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 01 May 2014 19:17

I'm waiting for video
Matt Kemmer

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 02 May 2014 08:11

I should be able to shoot a genesis on video this weekend. Of course, on the off chance I hit a clean nem/gen, I'll probably just save the footage for a real video. :wink:

But yeah, the whirl dex is not intuitive for me AT ALL so far. With nemesis at least I think I know what to do, even though I'm not doing it. With genesis, its like I don't think my bag placement or hips are doing it right at all.

Anyway, I'll likely post vid here this weekend, so thanks in advance for your analysis.

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 10 Jul 2014 19:06

Ales' advice on these tricks was to transition into the second foot dexes while the first foot is going down, so you should be in the air with the barraging set going down and the dexing foot coming up. A lot of people, especially with good sets, plant both feet before the second set of dex(s), but this ultimately makes the trick harder to hit cleanly (because it reduces the time for the downtime components). Moving sideways during the trick also helped me. I try to plant the clipper setting foot directly at the spot it's setting from, and since the furious dexes start before the plant is down, this makes it easier to move across, and makes the furious dexes easier, as well as putting the bag in a better spot for a downtime component on the opposite side. However it does mean a trick like furious ss whirl is potentially harder than it would be.