Clipper

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

Drew
Fearless

Post by Drew » 03 Apr 2008 16:51

Benzilla wrote: I do them without any curling at all.
Same, I actually point my toes towards the top of my shoes, in the opposite direction, towards the support leg. I've never even really considered trying it with toes curled inwards, might as well try it

Shrederator
Circle Kicker

Support foot

Post by Shrederator » 13 Apr 2008 20:17

Where do you plant your support leg relative to the footbag? I have trouble planting my support leg on my left clipper to actually stall footbag.
._ . . . . ,,,
. . . . . (' ')
. . o --- /---
.- -__ /
-_/. . . \
. . . . . . |

Benzilla
The Professional

Post by Benzilla » 15 Apr 2008 13:56

can you do it on your otherside? if so do it the same way but jsut with different feet. Im not sure if i can really explain where your feet should go.

Shrederator
Circle Kicker

Advice

Post by Shrederator » 15 Apr 2008 19:37

Yeah, I can do it most of the time, but on my non-flip side i usually have trouble keeping my foot flat enough.BTW, I'm just curious, how long have some of you been playing, and how many adds do most of your tricks have?
._ . . . . ,,,
. . . . . (' ')
. . o --- /---
.- -__ /
-_/. . . \
. . . . . . |

Benzilla
The Professional

Post by Benzilla » 16 Apr 2008 10:44

i've been playing for about a year, and i usually hit 2-3 adds. I have hit a few 4's and one 5

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Nube Question...

Post by Jordan » 28 Jul 2008 11:37

Ok, so I have my clippers pretty solid on both sides, but I wana be able to do a clipper from one side to the next...

I have landed it 2 times, but im having lots of trouble having a consistant set from one clipper to the next on the other side...

I really wana have infinities down before school starts which is another month away, and before I can do infinity, I have to be able to clipper from one side to the next...

do you think you guys can help? :cry:

(I have read through this thread, and im not sure if this has been mentioned in a topic, so sorry if it has) :wink:

Threads merged -Erik

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 28 Jul 2008 13:09

I think the best way to achieve this is by drilling clippers from a variety of basic sets, and then moving into alternating. The easiest way to start would probably be:

:arrow: consecutive clippers, as many as you can on strong side
:arrow: strong clipper from same side toe stall, drill that for about 5-10 contacts
:arrow: strong clipper from opposite side toe stall, drill for about 5-10 contacts
:arrow: consecutive clippers, as many as you can on flip side

Then you should be comfortable enough to set from that flip clipper, into a strong clipper catch. Mix those drills up if you want to help you in any way.

You can try the drills from flip as well, but don't get too hung up if you're unable to complete them from flip right now. Right now your focus is the alternating clippers.

:arrow: After that's accomplished, try ss clipper>opp clipper>rpt for a while.

You should be able to gradually phase into doing alternating clippers with ease using these drills. Hope it helps.

-Chris
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 28 Jul 2008 20:49

thanx a lot man. :D

PawTheYeti
Circle Kicker

Alternating Clippers

Post by PawTheYeti » 20 Aug 2008 20:13

does anyone have a good video of alternating clippers? because when i'm doing mine, i'm not sure if i'm taking too many steps or not enough steps between each clipper

Please read the stickied rules thread at the top of this forum before starting a new post. Thread merged. -Erik

stephanos
Hack Fiend

Post by stephanos » 07 Sep 2008 14:32

inside+wraps+time
zito ellas
Stephanos Salzman

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Re: Alternating Clippers

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 08 Sep 2008 07:08

PawTheYeti wrote:does anyone have a good video of alternating clippers? because when i'm doing mine, i'm not sure if i'm taking too many steps or not enough steps between each clipper
Yeah - look for the David Clavens clipper tutorial (I think its in the videos section, if it hasn't already been posted in this thread) - he covers this topic specifically towards the end but the whole thing is worth watching. He does the 'two steps' method in detail but also demos the 'drifter' method briefly.

Baller Buddy
Circle Kicker

Post by Baller Buddy » 09 Oct 2008 14:02

So far, I am able to sort of get the clipper down using my left foot. I cannot get the timing or placement right when using my right foot to stall the bag at all tho :cry: Also, do you have to move you support leg and stalling leg at the same exact time to stall the bag perfectly, or is it mostly in the support leg?
Matt E

A friend, A baller, A shredder

Jack Stutler
Multidex Master

Post by Jack Stutler » 09 Oct 2008 15:31

i've tried both ways, just moving the catching leg, and just bending the support leg. i find my better clippers are when i make a slight catching motion with the one foot, but mostly bending the support leg is key, for me anyways. i've seen a lot of videos where it looks like the person has a stick for a support leg but they have better clipper sets then i do. to each their own i guess.
C-Fan wrote:After I read it I thought to myself: "this is the best tourney write-up I've ever read...and he didn't even make it to the tourney!"
Challenge Footblog

italianfootbager
Circle Kicker

cushion motion

Post by italianfootbager » 14 Oct 2008 11:24

hi
i need help on clipper stall .the footbag when i takes contact with my foot it rolls on the floor or it bounces of my foot.
i have my foot for the stall but i cant get the coushen motion, to stall it.
i have seen many videos but i cant get it
can u give me any tips ??
they would be appreciated
ty

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 14 Oct 2008 12:31

First - inside delays. You need to be able to do these consistently & with complete control.

Second - just try the inside delay in a cross body position without a bag. Take a lot of mental notes (or even written notes) of some of the following -

- where is your weight distributed? You should not have all your weight on your heel. Keep your weight towards the ball of your foot.
- are your toes curled down? They should be!
- is your support leg bent at the knee? Think of it as giving your clipper foot room under you instead of behind you.

Also, what shoes do you use? Sometimes newer players try to learn the basics before getting a good shoe, which is possible but then again you might happen to have bad shoes for it.

There are 'finer points' beyond these, but this should be a start.

Jack Stutler
Multidex Master

Post by Jack Stutler » 14 Oct 2008 13:36

with regards to learning how your body should be positioned during a clipper, practice wraps (inside delay, and with out dropping the bag, move the delaying foot from infront to behind your support leg) and hold the delay behind your support leg. when you get comfortable with that, do some more wraps. keep doing wraps. wrap the wrap up tight.

you want your foot as flat as possible for clipper, so when you're working on your inside delays, try doing them as close to the floor as you can while maintaing control over them (straigh up and down motion). that'll build up most, if not all, the muscles you'll need to crank your ankle properly for clippers.
C-Fan wrote:After I read it I thought to myself: "this is the best tourney write-up I've ever read...and he didn't even make it to the tourney!"
Challenge Footblog

italianfootbager
Circle Kicker

i wear this shoes

Post by italianfootbager » 15 Oct 2008 04:07

i wear a pair of nikes and i can do inside delays pretty good and wraps some come and some dont i think im going to wait for my birthday 30 nov to ask for a pair of adidas.
ciao

italianfootbager
Circle Kicker

Post by italianfootbager » 16 Oct 2008 10:54

i have another problem :(
my clipper position is correct and my cranck i think is pretty good but there s one thing that i can t get in.....
the timing , infact when i try to clipper stall instead i do a clipper and dont stall it so it rolls over or it falls
anybody have tips
i watch tons of vid especially the david clavens tutorial that i think is the best
tips grazie
lorenzo
Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi!

Baller Buddy
Circle Kicker

Post by Baller Buddy » 16 Oct 2008 15:23

Try setting the bag with you hand. Basically drop it over you clipper foot and work on cushioning it like that. As you get better, try and drop the footbag from high and higher positions. Also, practice doing a clipper without the bag, air shred it, so you can get a feel for the timing.

Hope this Helps :lol:
Matt E

A friend, A baller, A shredder

italianfootbager
Circle Kicker

evvai!!!!!!

Post by italianfootbager » 16 Oct 2008 21:06

ciao
ehy baller buddt ur tip worked
ty now i only have to practice untill clipper stall is in my soul.
lorenzo
Tu quoque, Brute, fili mi!