Clipper

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

Wumbo
BSOS Beast

Re: How deep/smooth is your clipper?

Post by Wumbo » 30 Jan 2007 12:09

Faco wrote: What I mean by that, is that his clipper foot was high in the air when the bag started to fly on its own.
He really LIFTS up the bag.
intresting issue. what you say about vasek, i noticed it too. also he catches it extremely deep with minimal delay movement, giving him more time and room for proper trick execution. why? because he can. (supercrank) :)
i myself catch it how its possible. next to the body, but not in front, with a medium catch and medium release motion, 3-5 inch above the ground. sounds stupid, but i dunno how to describe elsewise. ^^ going in the knees too deep hurts. i concentrate more on the catching foot than the support leg. i keep my foot relaxed for normal clipper. i know i look a bit stressed when doing left foot. same side clippers are exhausting for me. 10 is a good run. i practice it more than dexes, yes.

ObArA'BaRs
Flower Child

Post by ObArA'BaRs » 30 Jan 2007 18:50

go down and up. Vasek doesnt do it that way for no reason. If you do a slow delay down it doesnt seem to roll off and it sets higher and more accurate. It would also have to do with the amount of crank given in order to aim where the set went.
Im 20
JSACK wrote: wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Keep footbag'n till yo skins saggin.......

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 30 Jan 2007 23:31

I spend about 15 minutes each session on BOPs. With my clippers, I don't lower and raise them too much. I think it's best this way.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

beenjammin
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by beenjammin » 04 Feb 2007 21:00

A little advice
Every clipper set trick has a "different" clipper.
"Every cereal is my favorite cereal"
Ben Rinowski

janis
Post Master General

same side clipper form

Post by janis » 15 Jul 2007 20:40

Recently me and a friend have been getting some clippers on video to try and improve our clipper form. It would be really good if someone with perfect clipper form could post a video of some same side clippers. Also tips for body positioning are greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance :)

[merged with clipper thread - Frank_]
Last edited by janis on 15 Jul 2007 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

Matt K
Flower Child

Post by Matt K » 15 Jul 2007 20:46

Matt Kemmer

Wumbo
BSOS Beast

Post by Wumbo » 20 Jul 2007 08:44

imo there isnt "THE" best clipper position, each clipper trick can have a slightly different position. but maybe you will find a spot where you can do every clipper trick out of it.
so this is what ive noticed: for stepping you can open the hips a bit a make a "4" and the toe directions are the same so the clipper is next to you, but for spinning you close the legs and the toe angle between the toe directions is 90 degrees so the clipper is more behind you. the world champion does it that way. on the other hand i think david has the most consistant clipper, everyone looks like the same no matter what trick he does. legs closed, support leg 45 degree and hips turned inwards, upper body straight, leaning slightly to the bag. you have to find out which method works best for you.

macca
Hack Fiend

Post by macca » 21 Jul 2007 23:50

Hey,

Thanks for the posts, is there anyone with a video of someone doing them, consecutively, alternating etc...

This would be a lot more help, thanks!
Andrew McIntosh

"These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it." Charles Barkley

Rasengan
Circle Kicker

clipper/inside stall

Post by Rasengan » 10 Nov 2007 04:16

I have a question, do you need more ankle or knee flexibility when doing inside/clipper stall? And which part is used more, the part that is closer to toes or to heel? or between them? hope you understand

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 10 Nov 2007 08:10

Do them like that.

1. Support foot pointed inward a bit.
2. Support knee bent, not just going down with the catching leg.
3. Don't be flat footed.
4. Set straight up

(Picture courtesy of the Moir foundation)

And also, try and use the search button. There are probably like a thousand topics on clipper/ankle crank
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 10 Nov 2007 13:00

Hi Rasengan,

This section of the forum is special and has special rules. Please read them HERE. That is the same thread you can check to see if a topic on a specific move or concept has already been created. Maybe your question has already been asked and answered, or maybe there is already an appropriate topic to post your question.

THIS thread is about clippers and your post and the reply will be merged with the clipper thread when a mod gets the chance.

Emily
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Bajawoojie
Circle Kicker

Clipper Help.

Post by Bajawoojie » 06 Dec 2007 15:37

Well, I'd say I'm a beginner foot bagger, compared to some of the videos I've seen. All I have "mastered" are the inner and outer hits, and toe stall. But once in a great while I can get the inner stall, I think it is - when you stall it on the inside of your foot, as if you're doing an inside hit.

But the one thing I haven't been able to get is the clipper hit. It seems like I can't bend my ankle the right way, so that it's parallel with the ground. Thus producing a nice clean hit. It seems like every time I hit it, it goes flying forward. Or it hits the bottom of my foot and just rolls off.

Anyone have any advice on this? Does it help to keep your supporting leg bent?

Thanks,
Bajawoojie

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Re: Clipper Help.

Post by PegLegHolly » 06 Dec 2007 15:45

Bajawoojie wrote:Does it help to keep your supporting leg bent?
yep. do the magic hop like the post genzu posted not long ago. it takes a while to get your ankle used to that position, so just take your time and watch some videos from footbag.org to see how everyone else does it.
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Bajawoojie
Circle Kicker

Re: Clipper Help.

Post by Bajawoojie » 06 Dec 2007 16:23

PegLegHolly wrote:
Bajawoojie wrote:Does it help to keep your supporting leg bent?
yep. do the magic hop like the post genzu posted not long ago. it takes a while to get your ankle used to that position, so just take your time and watch some videos from footbag.org to see how everyone else does it.
Thanks a lot, I'll have to try that out (The Magic Hop).

**EDIT** Wow, I just tried that a few times right after posting - and nailed the toe stall every time, perfectly. Time to go practice my inner stall. (Correct name)?

Also - does anyone know any ways to work your knees some, any good techniques to making it easier to do this. Because after doing a lot of hopping, my knees start to hurt a bit.

Benzilla
The Professional

Post by Benzilla » 06 Dec 2007 17:08

you may not be able to hit inside stalls consistantly until after you get clippers down. I was the same way. I got my clippers down then inside stalls, some people are the other way. Try clippers alot and make sure you don't half-ass any attempts as this will slow your progress. Try to make it every attempt.

about your knees: Make sure you aren't hoppnig too high and aren't slamming into the ground. If its your first few times doing a clipper, or attempting a clipper you may jsut be feeling pain as it is a completely unnatural position and move for you. The ain should go away in time. But always stretch and take breaks between every 10-15 attempts for example. Staying fresh will prevent you from getting sloppy and hurt yourself.

look at these threads.

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=17687

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... roper+form

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=14866

Andromidas
Shredaholic

Clipper Stall - 3 Issues

Post by Andromidas » 12 Dec 2007 16:37

:? I know there have been many topics about this stall but I figured since people are starting up footbag all the time, they can look here, at the top of the forum, for advice as well.

:arrow: So I am trying to get the stall down and I feel like after I set with my left toe and try to left foot clipper stall, I'm 1. Off balance by the time I get there, 2. kicking with the clipper foot or 3. sort of stalling it but it rolls off as I try to bring it back up.

I can only hit it if I stand there and drop the bag from my right hand down onto my left foot. Damn hand tosses.

It looks so effortless when everyone does it, so whats the deal? I know...Practice, but eventually I have to get it right!? :(
Kevin Andrews

Benzilla
The Professional

Post by Benzilla » 12 Dec 2007 18:33

practice practice practice.

I wasn't able to hit it from a set for a long time either. What you can do is hand toss it right above where the stall is supposed to be then start your sets further away from that so your sets are more like and arch than a straight drop.

What i would recomend is that you do an imaginary clipper for every clipper. Make sure you spring into the stall and out of it. You may find that once you stall it you are having trouble setting it back up and thats where the spring comes in.

I've recently started hitting flip clippers as well and what i've stated above helped me learn the trick in one day after months of frustration and quitting on it, as well as Chris Miller's help :lol: :wink: .

The balance will come after you get used to the clipper motion. Its a brand new set of movement and positioning that your body has to get used to. You may want to get your foot in clipepr position, place the bag on your foot and then stay in the stall position for as long as possible. This would hep you with your balance.

Remember to try imaginary ones. And by imaginary i mean clippers without the bag. Follow into and out of the set and really visualized ourself hitting the clipper.

Good Luck and don't give up because your gonna have to learn it sooner or later. Why not sooner? 8)

Abe
Shredaholic

Post by Abe » 13 Dec 2007 13:24

hers a link to another topic started by jorden moir, you should give it a read. http://www.modified.in/footbag/viewtopi ... highlight=

practicing alone won't give you a god clipper. Be very consious on how you learn such a fundamental trick, it will effect your entire game for as long as you play. Pratice and play smart, like Jorden =]

dyalander
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by dyalander » 13 Dec 2007 16:26

I know there have been many topics about this stall but I figured since people are starting up footbag all the time, they can look here, at the top of the forum, for advice as well.
Sorry, that's not how this section works. Pease read http://www.modified.in/footbag/viewtopi ... 55&start=0
Who wears short shorts?
Dylan Govender.

Benzilla
The Professional

Post by Benzilla » 01 Apr 2008 13:45

does anyone curl their toes for the stall? I've tried it and it helps, but the thing is i can uncurl them in time so i plant my stalling foot with the toes still curled and it kinda hurts.

I do them without any curling at all.