Barfly

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

xsisbest
Shredaholic

Post by xsisbest » 17 Jun 2011 16:32

Well thanks to everyone here and the great video tutorial of Anssi as well as a huge thank you to Cale McCoy, I was finally able to pull this one off.. It started with toe double down, far toe then I finally hit barfly today. I'm so happy I have this one under my belt.. Now to perfect it..:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSHVONOWWIs
A dream becomes a goal when action is taken towards it's achievement

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Barfly

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 31 May 2013 09:46

Ok, so I realize this thread is old as shit and dead as shit, but I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions of mine..

I've hit Barfly on both sides and boss, as well as b2b, but I feel like they just aren't baking the cake. How do people think of the last dex? More of a Whip or a vertical butterfly sorta thing? And well.. I guess that's it. I'm an idiot, I should probably just drill my Pdx Illusions more since I've neglected Illusions throughout my entire game :P Eh, yeah I guess if anyone use modified anymore, please help me out with my question.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 31 May 2013 12:47

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote: How do people think of the last dex? More of a Whip or a vertical butterfly sorta thing?
The last dex? Like I'm falling into a butterfly. The first dex is what makes the trick for me...just attacking it early and high. I find if the first dex is done well, the second dex takes care of itself. I don't even really think about it.

While I'm here, this is probably more useful than anything I'd say. Just do this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w072fzZ6750[/youtube]

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 01 Jun 2013 11:40

Don't neglect Illusions. They're important. Not just Double Downs.

Double Down (Barfly) dexes should be more vertical than horizontal. You don't want to turn the last dex into Reverse Whirl.
Push down the dexes. If you just fall into the stall it's harder to play out of it.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 01 Jun 2013 20:47

I stopped neglecting Illusions tonight... Drilled 200 bs.. Which is more that I have done in a single year.. pretty sad. I think a few more drills like this and double downs will get a lot easier. Thanks guys, especially Anz.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 02 Jun 2013 02:06

Illusion takes time to start feeling good and to get the motion right. But the right motion is similar to the start of Double Down.
Anz wrote:Not just Double Downs.
-> I ment to say "Not just for Double Downs" here.