Inside Stall

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

ToxicHippo
Hack Fiend

Inside Stall

Post by ToxicHippo » 29 Sep 2004 12:20

Inside Stall
SET > INSIDE [DEL]
http://www.hackrifice.com/minisooper/1insidedel.mpg

I need help on both inside stalls, and sole stalls. I have toe stalls on lock now, but i wanna learn more. Also, i can't get my ATW's around fast enough, but I'll get to that later.
Ben Harper- Graffiti Artist, Footbagger, Skateboarder, Musician.
!!!

Not Quite a Full Fledged Member of http://www.philly-footworks.com

peanutbuterboy
Fearless

Post by peanutbuterboy » 29 Sep 2004 16:26

Ok man listen up,
1) on your inside stalls its just like hitting in on the inside but when you go to hit it dont hit it, just go down on you support (planted) leg and sorta cradle it with the stalling foot. Check out some vids.
2) sole stall...I hate it...but if you want to learn stall it on you toe then set it up about at you torso i would say then then turn your body around on you planted foot (leave the foot your going to stall it on up) and bend you knee and get that foot flat like crazy flat and turn it over and go down on you planted foot. This one will take a lot of practice but if your dedicated you will get it.

But in the mean time while you are workin on those do your atw over and over. You think your not doing it fast enough but you can. What i found when i was doing it was i that i was kinda getting my leg to far from it. It needs to be short and sweet just barely are around it.
Good luck man and practice practice practice!
Luke Andrews

Shredster
Flower Child

Post by Shredster » 29 Sep 2004 17:32

I wouldn't worry terribly about inside and sole stalls...They aren't as important as clipper, toe.
Chris May
Paradox=((5N^x^p)-54000aph^np)/adds
Its just about that confusing...

JFootbagger
Fearless

Post by JFootbagger » 29 Sep 2004 17:35

Yeah I agree with Chris on this one. You need to have toe and clipper down pretty, no ROCK solid. Try first alternating Toe stalls. Build up to where 50 is no challenge. While you're working on toe stalls, work on clippers. Now clippers can take sometime to get used to and is one of the most frustrating basic for new players. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE, and PRACTICE BOTHSIDES. You can find tips on how to do clippers around here somewhere. Keep up the hard work! :D
Jordan Wong
basics=tricks=strings=people dropping their jaw in amazement
-Footblog! Check it out!
Enter My Mind

mosher
brutal footbag cronie

Post by mosher » 29 Sep 2004 21:57

toes and clippers.

that is it - the rest is just goof-offery.

and if you go one sided you are digging your own stupid ass grave.

go footbag!
Tom Mosher

hate is a waste of passion!

Post by Guest » 30 Sep 2004 05:42

Yo Toxic ! This is what i do, on both sides and everyday : inside stall>same
toe>in to out dex ( pixie )>out to in dex ( fairy ) .
After i warmed up like that, i work on mirage/legover combos and then i move on to drilling clippers.
I think its a good drill for beginners like us, because it is improving coordi-
nation, controll and calmness. Before i drilled these "boring " basics, i could
hit pixie legover and smear, but very messily and not on command .
I also find this drill good, because it forces you to deal with the dreadded
goodside/flipside difference at an early stage.
Of course you wont need a 2add atw or an inside stall per se later on, but
IMO they are the foundation for all pixie/fairy set trix and you'll get in deep
shit trying to hit clippers, if you dont own the inside stall.
i hope that helps :wink:

Posi-Cole
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Posi-Cole » 30 Sep 2004 06:36

Shredster wrote:I wouldn't worry terribly about inside and sole stalls...They aren't as important as clipper, toe.
While I agree that sole stalls aren't exactly necessary as a fundamental of footbag, I find it absurd advice to tell someone to not worry about learning an inside stall.

We all know that footbag is about building a foundation, and making building blocks ... and what is the main component of a clipper? The inside delay! Seriously, everyone should learn how to have solid inside delays and then progress to learning clippers. If you can't do a solid inside delay in front of your support leg, how are you supposed to learn how to do it properly behind your support leg (clipper) ?

Maybe it's just me, but I say, learn inside delays, get your ankle flexibility up, and then learning clippers will be that much easier as you will only have to worry about the timing, as opposed to having to worry about the timing and having a flat enough ankle with enough cushioning to catch the bag.
Cole Hobson

Shredster
Flower Child

Post by Shredster » 30 Sep 2004 08:50

and what is the main component of a clipper? The inside delay! Seriously, everyone should learn how to have solid inside delays and then progress to learning clippers. If you can't do a solid inside delay in front of your support leg, how are you supposed to learn how to do it properly behind your support leg (clipper) ?
True, but i find inside and clipper delay to be two completely different feelings...I could do an inside stall, but never a clipper. I personally found no advantage to clippers by practicing inside stalls. But that may just be me.

I guess it was kind of not right to say not to worry about inside and sole stalls. Just becaues they aren't used often do not mean they aren't important.
Chris May
Paradox=((5N^x^p)-54000aph^np)/adds
Its just about that confusing...

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 30 Sep 2004 10:33

when i was learning clippers, i found drilling inside stalls helped my ankle crankability.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

dazza
Flower Child

Post by dazza » 30 Sep 2004 13:00

Word ! IMO, the inside stall is the root of a solid clipper,
just like, there wouldnt be much running, if one never
learned how to walk .
But of course, if one already owns the inside stall, then
its obsolete to keep practicing them, and one should go
drilling clippers, like sprinter should be working on sprints,
and not on his methods of walking :wink:
Last edited by dazza on 04 Oct 2004 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
EASYKINKI

splatdome
Shredalicious

Post by splatdome » 30 Sep 2004 13:01

i also learned clippers by practicing inside stalls. i still use inside stalls to warm up before doing clipper tricks. definately work on inside stalls and clippers, they'r both important
Justin Johnson
ministry of silly walks

JFootbagger
Fearless

Post by JFootbagger » 30 Sep 2004 15:56

WOOT INSIDE DELAYS :D 8)
Jordan Wong
basics=tricks=strings=people dropping their jaw in amazement
-Footblog! Check it out!
Enter My Mind

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 23 Feb 2006 06:38

MorgenAsche
Circle Kicker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:07 pm Post subject: clipper and inside stalls Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
are there any stretches or things like that that you can do to get better at clippering or doing inside stalls
enhancement
Multidex Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
When I started out I did my insides really high up, it made the foot flatter then slowly it just got lower. For clipper when I started out, I spent a whole 4 hours landing my foot to the ground. Then I started to land my foot just above the ground. It works great for me Laughing
Challenge Me
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BalinorNZ
Flower Child

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Basicly, if you want flat clippers do this:

1. Get your bag on an inside stall and lower it as close to the ground as you can (do NOT actually put it on the ground to make it flat) without it rolling off. Twist your ankle as hard as you can to do this.
2. Hold it like that for atleast 30 seconds then moves your stall round your support leg so your in a clipper (you will have to bend support leg to do this).
3. Hold it there for atleast 30 seconds twisting your ankle as much as you can. Then move the stall back round to an inside stall.
4. Repeat above.

You might need to hold on to a wall or something to keep balance when you first start off, but this will also improve your balance.
After like a week or 2 of doing that everynight you will have nice flexy ankles and then you just need to work on the timing and seting for clippers to get them down Smile.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ICQ Number
freestyler4life
Shredalicious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
i did what balinor said and after you get comfortable doing that i would get a big and heavy book(like a dictionary)and do the same thing
Uranos
Egyptian Footgod

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
Yeah those stretches Nic said ar helpful when you are learning insides and clippers in the early stages. It even helps later in your game because you can use them to warm up.

HOwever i disagree that your clippers will become flatter as you do this. Sure, at the start it may alter the flatness by a bit, but these excercises are mainly done so your muscles will develop memory and strength to do clippers and insides. It won't neccessariliy make your ankles like Vasek's, although i wish it did Evil or Very Mad

Good luck with clippers and insides! Very Happy These are very essential to your game!
http://www.modified.ca/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=11782

Hakker
Multidex Master

2 tricks I need advice for...

Post by Hakker » 24 Apr 2006 13:30

mistake: wrong thread

:oops: :oops: :oops:
|\|3L$0|\| W3$-|-
Five feet of fury!!!
Im back!

G0dLik3
Hack Fiend

inside stall Problem.

Post by G0dLik3 » 16 Jun 2008 03:16

Hi Guys.
when i want to make a inside stall the bag is always roling down.
i go in my legs and so how in this tutorial http://www.footbag.org/gallery/show/8532

i can toe stall but inside is so strong.
do you have tipps for me

JoshC.
Multidex Master

Post by JoshC. » 16 Jun 2008 11:23

http://www.modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=18792

I wrote this a few weeks ago and i think it is very helpful.

G0dLik3
Hack Fiend

Post by G0dLik3 » 17 Jun 2008 02:34

i am balanced but it rolls down.
if i would find my webcam i will do a video.

Pancake Flogger
Multidex Master

Post by Pancake Flogger » 17 Jun 2008 20:23

Keep practicing until you can crank your ankle far enough so that the bag has a flat surface to land on. If there's no slant, then it's up to you to keep your leg steady and to cushion the bag properly.
Danny Murphy
Working On: Stepping, painless whirls?

Joe Bielecki
Hack Fiend

How to achieve more set height

Post by Joe Bielecki » 11 Jun 2009 08:17

I can't seem to set the bag very high after an inside stall or clipper stall. How would I achieve more height from my sets?
Last edited by Joe Bielecki on 11 Jun 2009 08:36, edited 1 time in total.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 11 Jun 2009 08:24

step 1: perform and hold the stall.

step 2: gain balance and relax. continue to hold the stall further.

step 3: bend the knee of your support leg and bring the stall closer to the ground.

step 4: straighten the support leg and push the bag upward with the stalling foot at the same time. To get a lot of height, you can even hop off the support leg just a little bit (this is how I get the right height and rhythm for ducking and spinning).

step 5a: hand catch and repeat.

step 5b (once you gain some strength): repeat.

Give that a try. Also, please consider changing your thread title to "How do I achieve a higher and more controlled set?" so that others know what the thread is about. The edit button is in the upper right hand corner of your post, an you can change the title that way in about 8 seconds.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa