Gyro Torque (Mobius)

Need help? Find someone else who's had the problem or ask about it in here.

Moderator: Muffinman

ericksonj
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Gyro Torque (Mobius)

Post by ericksonj » 22 Dec 2004 15:22

Gyro Torque (Mobius)
CLIP > BACKSPIN [BOD] >> SAME IN [DEX] > BACKSPIN [BOD] > OP CLIP [XBD][DEL]
http://www.hackrifice.com/moves/5gyrotorque.wmv

Hey guys,

I was hoping that people with a good mobius could post some advice on this strange move. Obviously you must have a good gyro set and a good torque, but that does not seem to be all of it. I would say I have a pretty good clipper/toe torque both sides, and I nail gyro mirage almost every time and I can hit vortex and gryo dlo kind of well. Also I have a really good spinning osis. But alas I have only hit mobius a handful of times.

I would like to know how quickly you must spin, and is the spin broken up into two parts. It seems like a good way would be to spin and have your leg in the air ready for the torque, and right when you are over the bag execute the torque.

Also tips for bag position would be good. Where does the bag need to go and where does your body need to be in relation to it throughout the spin. I know many people have trouble with mobius, so maybe we are all suffering from similar errors.

Thanks.
Always Shreddin
James Erickson
Eugene Footbag Association (Orton, Nasty, Me)
w/ new additions (Casey, Alex, Eddie, and Shawnell)

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 22 Dec 2004 18:11

haha thats funny I just schooled mobius like crazy today down here near sf. 2 parts:
1 you have to do that set where you REALy crank you're ankle and set it almost behind you, if you are spotting the bag at its peek it won't work. You need to spot the bag while its at you're butt on the way up.
2. Jump off the osis foot. Its just like a regular torque with a good set but I find if I concentrate on jumping it helps.

we'll school them like mad when I get back! I'm sure others have good tips too....

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 23 Dec 2004 12:00

:roll: :?

For smooth Mobius:
- Set higher than your belly button, lower than your shoulder.
- Spin, put your setting leg higher leg and spot the bag on peek.
- Dex high and continue spinning in the same motion. Remember to point your dexing leg outwards to make the spin smoother.
- Do the Osis.

Set and do the Gyro Torque, don't do the Gyro and then set.
If you spot the bag before peek it looks awful and you'll have to wait before you can start dexing.

ericksonj
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by ericksonj » 27 Dec 2004 12:53

Well thanks for the tips guys. I think both tips are really good, because today I hit mobius 12 times(6 each side) while schooling it for 15 minutes or so. I have only hit mobius 2 times in a day, and that is when I was trying it most of the session.

A thing that I learned today is to really spin more than on a gyro mirage. It is almost like much of the spin from the torque is mixed in with the gyro spin. In fact it seemed as though it wasn't even a torque at all, but a high gyro mirage to a symple osis.

Always Shreddin
James Erickson
Eugene Footbag Association (Orton, Nasty, Me)
w/ new additions (Casey, Alex, Eddie, and Shawnell)

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 12 Dec 2010 23:08

Thanks for these tips. I have yet to hit Mobius, but I feel like I'm so close to it. These tips really helped me visualize myself hitting it. I'll post when I hit it, which should be soon, hopefully.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

habitat
Post Master General

Post by habitat » 13 Dec 2010 12:17

I lol'd at the fact that Anz was talking to Nate about being smooth. Good one, robot.
James Randall

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 21 Jan 2011 09:04

Thanks everyone, I hit my first 5 Mobii last night! Only strongside. I footed 2 weakside. Much appreciation for the advice given in this thread.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

ThomASS
BSOS Beast

Post by ThomASS » 23 Feb 2011 14:36

Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12RLX9NL9JQ

There is a mid string combo of ps>mob at 2:22. Watch the awesomeness of his support leg, perfect 180 turn of the foot sets the entire body into position - hips and torso follow it.

Also, check out his ending osis. He can hit bl wh out of it with perfect balance because he has rotated enough to get under the bag - I know the difference now with my flip and strong is that the flip osis tends to be dragged or pulled.

You should post a video!

When I think mobius I think Lon. That seattle vid posted a couple days ago is soooo good.
Ryan Thomas

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 15 Mar 2011 08:38

Recently I've been working a lot on my flip mobius, which has forced me to think about the trick a lot more clearly. It has also improved my strongside.

Thought I'd share some tips that have helped me:

1. Set around waist height. The higher you set, the more likely you'll hit the bag with your dex leg. It's also harder to come out of the torque the higher the set is. While setting high may feel like it's buying you time on the spin, it makes the torque part harder than it should be.

2. Lead with your shoulders, then your hips. The set on this trick is remarkably similar to gyro clipper. When you spot the bag, your nearest shoulder should have already passed it (i.e. if you set with your left foot clipper, when you spot the bag your left shoulder should have already passed the footbag, so the bag is in front of you and between your shoulders before you torque). Depending how smooth you want your mobius to be, you can either wait a second after your shoulders have rotated and before your hips follow, or you can rotate your hips immediately after you've rotated your shoulders.

3. Focus on keeping your back straight throughout the trick. Working on controlled gyro clippers can help with this.

4. Don't rush the spin. The spot is crucial. If you focus on a straight, low set, and you turn your shoulders enough, the bag should be in ideal torque position and you just need to ride the momentum to complete the trick. If you are losing your balance before the torque, you are likely spinning too fast.

5. Follow through on the torque. Once you feel the bag on your foot, continue to sink on your support leg and keep rotating your hips so you get a controlled stall.

Hope this helps.