smoking weed/hash and footbag

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.

Does smoking weed diminish your footbag game?

Yes! it does! dont smoke weed if you wanna play footbag!
67%
No, of course not. Toke up and play all you want.
33%

Total votes: 127

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 03 Mar 2006 04:50

im definitely trying to quit now...it feels like its killing me, because i was smoking waay too much. its day two and im already noticably irritable :evil:

i have been smoking multiple blunts by myself...fairly small gram-sized blunts...but i smoked 3 of them a couple days ago and it made me sick...
fuck weed
Pete Bowler
B$C
keeps it offah da ground.

617 FOR LIFE

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 03 Mar 2006 07:51

I have fully quit weed for about a month now, and I am playing better than ever!!!!
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

funklovesfootbag
Womanizer

Post by funklovesfootbag » 04 Mar 2006 13:20

slapdash21 said,
have been smoking multiple blunts by myself...fairly small gram-sized blunts...
wow man, hahaha, that's a lot of weed. That's just too much...3 blunts will make the best of us feel like shit. I pretty much exclusively use a vaporizer now, it's infinitely better for your lungs and doesn't give you that shitty taste and hacking cough a blunt does.

The thing about performance is just perception I think. If you feel like you're going to play better after smoking, you probably will play better. Also, people that say they're playing better than ever after they quit, probably have the same placebo effect. And, they might have progressed the same way even if they hadn't quit.
Fletcher Funk...

*Retired From Stitching*
(and basically freestyle.)

Will Digges
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Will Digges » 10 Mar 2006 07:20

In my opion I play footbag much better when high. I can play to the music a lot better and I am a lot more relaxed and rhymatic.
Will Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 10 Mar 2006 08:06

im doing much better now. smoked like once in the past 10 days or something. eating better, drinking more water, not eating fast food half as much...but im having weird dreams, i think because of not smoking. and occasionaly headaches. but im doin pretty good.
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

JeffRichards
Fearless

Post by JeffRichards » 10 Mar 2006 09:45

hmm i think theres some link between dreams and smoking bud. if i dont chief all day (very unlikley) i auctually remeber my dreams! Last night i had a dream i stole a bunch of nice 32's from some kid.....haha

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 14 Mar 2006 21:25

When you remember your dream does it involve an endless search for bud?

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 15 Mar 2006 07:18

dreams are VERY affected by weed usage. i have been cutting back totally for like a month now, and whenever i make it like 3-4 days without toking (down from 3-4 times a day for months...) i have fucking insane dreams! really scary ones, really weird ones, and i remember them all clearly when i wake up.

BUT! im feelin strong now, i think my burnin days are behind me!
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

andr00
Multidex Master

Post by andr00 » 02 Apr 2006 15:20

very interesting post, i have yet to try smoking and shredding. i dont know if i will though, not yet at least. i think right now i am still drilling basics so i dont know how much marijuana would enhance my clipper delays?
Andrew's f00t(blog)
Last Updated: 5-22-06
zilla wrote: It's like being a jedi and making your own lightsaber

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 02 Apr 2006 16:34

ALOT would help you greatly... no, j/k... it would probably make you way worse... it does that to me.

dont do drugs.

junkyardjew
BSOS Beast

Post by junkyardjew » 02 Apr 2006 17:36

yeah, I've basically quit smoking pot. It was making me stupid. I mean, I wouldn't drink three beers and do my homework or shred, why would I smoke pot? I still use it recreationally when I go to shows or whatever, but being chronic gets old.
Jared MacKay

Seath
Craptacular Spatula

Post by Seath » 02 Apr 2006 18:22

I've recently quit weed! I, like Jared, have found myself smoking weed all too much. Since I have quit I have seen an improvement in my overall endurance. I highly recomend not smoking on a regular basis, especially not while playing footbag.
The Goggles do nothing.

Do you like Mazes?!
Read my blog!

Jdigges
Flower Child

Post by Jdigges » 03 Apr 2006 14:21

Yea i have definitley cut down. i usually only smoke like once a week or so
Josiah Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

Slowsis
Circle Jerk

Post by Slowsis » 03 Apr 2006 21:34

Seath wrote:I've recently quit weed! I, like Jared, have found myself smoking weed all too much. Since I have quit I have seen an improvement in my overall endurance. I highly recomend not smoking on a regular basis, especially not while playing footbag.
Amen brothah!!!!
Adam Greenwood
Live>Love>Shred>Die
Toronto Blog

Salt
Shredaholic

Post by Salt » 06 Apr 2006 14:19

Hmm, I smoke quite regularily, I've recently quit cigarettes and I'm thinking about cutting back on weed and eating properly and stuff. Maybe footbag will be my motivation into that. Let's only hope.
Cory Shepherdson
Ottawa, Ontario
Beginner Freestyle

Will Digges
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Will Digges » 10 Apr 2006 09:21

I recently quit aswell, today is my 10th day off and I have seen a big improvement in my footbag game.
Will Digges

Embassy Footbag Crew

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 10 Apr 2006 09:51

i think im quitting for money and school purposes... i spend too much time and money getting stoned for it to be worth it. plus, im ready to get into footbag, seeing as its springtime here.

my game stopped improving once i started smoking again. so no more of that

shreddaily
Flower Child

Post by shreddaily » 11 Apr 2006 15:06

March 10th
Will Digges wrote:In my opion I play footbag much better when high. I can play to the music a lot better and I am a lot more relaxed and rhymatic.
April 10th
Will Digges wrote:I recently quit aswell, today is my 10th day off and I have seen a big improvement in my footbag game.
to paraphrase the late great rick james... Marijuana's a hell of a drug.
I've cought the quoteing bug... cut me some slack!

slapdash21
Futureless

Post by slapdash21 » 11 Apr 2006 18:51

i, for one, refuse to completely reverse my previous opinion on weed making my shred better. in some ways quitting does help anyone's game who does it, because you have more physical endurance, etc. but i KNOW weed helps my game in other ways. i bust out of some sweet stuff im positive that i wouldnt ever hit sober. i may not be as consistant all the time, but i get so in the zone when i combine the two. and anyone who has regularly shredded baked will agree...eh?
Pete Bowler
B$C

617 FOR LIFE

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 14 Apr 2006 20:45

Tough question and I couldn't vote in the poll. Definitely smoking weed has a number of things that decrease your footbag game but also a number of potential benifits that help some people's game. I can think of a number of players who have either finished in the top 3 at worlds on occasions or are regarded as very good players who play high and claim that it improves their game.

However I'd say if you start looking at other sports beyond footbag it is clear that if you want to get the highest level of human performance in a physical activity you shouldn't smoke anything. The advantage of weed is that it helps with your spatial awareness and creativity - the advantage of not smoking is it helps in your physical performance. The top players who I mention tend not to be players who are pushing their games to get a great deal better. My impression of the footage I've seen is that their games have been fairly stagnent over recent years (depsite what all the fan boys seem to think). Maybe when you get to a stage where you're happy with your game and don't want to greatly improve smoking weed is ok but if you want to be pushing yourself to be a better player I'd say not smoking is definitely to your advantage.