CHIROPRACTORS HELP FOR INJURED FOOTBAGGERS

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
Uranos
Flower Child

Post by Uranos » 30 Apr 2006 22:51

Nagasake wrote:Wow, I can't believe I missed this. I've had a problem like this and have been trying to figure it out for a long time. I'll try this solution, and see if I get anywhere. Thanks, Alex!
Np! :D
Just remember that what Chiropractors do is not the old "fix your back" thing.
remember that your whole Central nervous system is connected through your back, and subluxations (gas building up between discs) cause the blockage of messages sent around the body. So, this means that you can catch a cold, or have any symptoms that you wouldnt have thought a back could cause.

also i can assure you that very few of you have straight pelvises. I mean, think about all the shit that you do in everyday life!! Unfortunately not everything encourages to do things BSOS, so :(

Dont think that Chriopractors just crack your back for nothing. Get rid of those subluxations! :wink:
Alex Urano

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 01 May 2006 14:49

subluxations (gas building up between discs) cause the blockage of messages sent around the body. So, this means that you can catch a cold, or have any symptoms that you wouldnt have thought a back could cause.
Subluxation is similar to a herniation or a petruding disc. The intervertebral disc is out of normal alignment. Depending on what level is injured, this spinal herniation will create different sensory dysfunctions at different parts of the body. Most common sensations would be numbness, tingling, shooting pains, which can all be changed depending on where and how the spinal disc is bulging onto what portion of the spinal nerve.

A lot of misalignments are from tight muscles on one side and then contralaterally (opposite) will be hypotonic (weak/ lax muscle)muscles. Massaging it is one way to relax a muscle group, but that is usually a temporary solution to allow further treatment...that they may or may not be done, all depends on the treating professional. Other ways are manual stretching/relaxation techniques, while strengthening certain muscles that are lax compared to the opposing side. It's easy to say you have one leg that is 'longer' , but finding out if it is truly longer is the key, and then why. More times than most it is not actually a true anatomical length, but a discrepancy found somewhere else. So finding a professional that can find the root problem and not a temporary fix is how to resolve the problem completely. Hopefully you can find someone who is very experienced in what he/she does and won't jump to any conclusions before ruling out many other factors that the body hides.

Oh yeah, all I really wanted to say was find a competent Physical Therapist and most likely he/she can resolve most physical problems you are having, or sensory since we're talking about the Central Nervous System.
More C4 please <3

Xain
Fearless

Post by Xain » 01 May 2006 15:26

If you don't mind me asking John, what are you majoringin college /did you major in college/ whats your profession? You seem to be pretty knowledgable about health.

HooD
HoodluM

Post by HooD » 01 May 2006 18:05

Well, I've been working at a physical therapy clinic for about 3.5 years now as a 'rehab tech' & 'fitness wellness coordinator' and have worked in all 4 clinics for some time. I've now been in school to become a physical therapist assistant for 2 years, and have one more year left because I screwed up a test for pediatrics. I finished 1 clinical rotation and should be on my 3rd, but since I failed a pediatrics test it has set me back for a while now. So until then I work and study.
More C4 please <3