Cramps

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
Brad_R
Hack Fiend

Cramps

Post by Brad_R » 16 Feb 2006 01:09

I've only practiced footbag twice in one day on two occasions, mainly because I get horrible cramps after my second practice. I sweat a lot, more than most players I bet. So I guess I might need to drink more water. Do any of you have this problem and what have you done about it?
Brad Robinson

Challenge me

skoxn
Multidex Master

Post by skoxn » 16 Feb 2006 08:44

i sometimes have cramps at night in my right leg.

get a hot bath after the shred, take some magnesium. that helps.
alexander skocki
dexterity dortmund e.V.

Ikuzo!!!

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 16 Feb 2006 09:08

Cramps are usually caused by lack of water, potassium, sodium, magnesium, or any combination of the previous.

What you want to do before you shred is probably eat a small snack like a banana(potassium) or some other fruit. Also you want to drink LOTS of water. Before, during, and after your shred. You want to drink more than quenches your thirst. Drink until your not thirsty anymore and then drink another whole glass. You never really want to get thirsty because that means you are dehydrating. Part of this is NO soda (pop, soft drinks), it does not help the hydration process, plus it's just not good for you.

Then after your shred it's a good idea to drink a sports drink to replenish your minerals and electrolytes.

Oh and as always you should stretch before and after any exercising you do. If you don't want to do both at least stretch afterwards.

I used to have cramps at night after days I shredded, but then I started drinking only water during the day and eating more fruit. Since then I haven't had any cramps at all.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

Brad_R
Hack Fiend

Post by Brad_R » 17 Feb 2006 14:34

THaks guys. I'll take your advice
Brad Robinson

Challenge me

Bander87
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Bander87 » 17 Feb 2006 15:09

Yeah, I tend to sweat a lot too when I shred. Now and then I can find myself not sweating during long runs, which is a good obvious indication that I need to drink more water.

janis
Post Master General

Post by janis » 15 Mar 2006 22:28

I am getting rediculous cramps on the inside of my left leg, they get so bad that I have to stop.

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 16 Mar 2006 10:07

professor wrote:Part of this is NO soda (pop, soft drinks), it does not help the hydration process
At least not caffeinated soda...
Johnny Suderman

B_Man
Flower Child

Post by B_Man » 16 Mar 2006 17:50

Who would want to drink Club Soda? :?
- Byrin Wylie

ShrEdmonton

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 16 Mar 2006 21:11

There are a bunch of non-caffeinated sodas out there, not just club soda.
Johnny Suderman

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 16 Mar 2006 22:23

(Most Root Beers are cafeine free. This is the best of them all. Yum.)
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

ptaku
Egyptian Footgod

Post by ptaku » 17 Mar 2006 07:53

Actually, If you have cramps it helps to drink a small beer the day you shred but after training session... and not like 15 minutes after... a few hours after, to the last meal of the day. Of course if you had been drinking a lot before, during, and after a shred. Then if you drink the beer it will help you to get rid of the weather you don't need in a easy way withouth loosing potasium, magnesium etc., and it will balance the intercellular-pressure in your body... And beer contains a lot of carbohydrates - they will help to regenerate your muscles... But remember .. I'm talking about small beer... like 0,25-0,33 l or 0,5 l if you'r a big guy :P
Pawel Ptaszynski

"I know I can! Be what I wanna be.
If I work hard at it, I'll be where I wanna be."

NAS

Be strong, LIVESTRONG

http://www.laf.org
http://www.wearyellow.com