Shr-headache

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
semiconscious
Multidex Master

Shr-headache

Post by semiconscious » 22 Apr 2007 08:59

Over the last couple of weeks, whenever I have a hard session, I've been getting what feels like a brutal sinus headache. I just finished off a two hour session, and behing my eyes & at the back of my head is killing me! Anybody else have this problem? I'm not sick, I know that. What could it be?
Sam Neale

brinard
Flower Child

Post by brinard » 22 Apr 2007 09:08

i used to get headaches during extreme physical activity.

i just stopped doing everything stressful on my body for about two weeks, and i was fine.

eat right, and drink lots of water. (or something replenishing)

dont drink soda all day (like me)

and try to take it easy.(er)

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 23 Apr 2007 15:22

Make sure you're drinking enough water during the session. Water or gatorade are fine, but soda/alcohol isn't.

semiconscious
Multidex Master

Post by semiconscious » 24 Apr 2007 20:13

Dunno. Was drinking iced green tea. pretty weak, not too sugary, but may have caffeine in it... hmmm...
Good point! I'll test it tomorrow
Sam Neale

vettehunter123
Multidex Master

Post by vettehunter123 » 24 Apr 2007 21:33

Wow I was going to start a topic like this but I never got around to it.

I have recently started getting throbbing headaches during weight lifting , not so much shredding. They start in the back of my head and hurt pretty bad to the point where I have to stop in the middle of my repetitions. If water is the answer then I can do that. Any other suggestions?
Travis Iden

jrstubs
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by jrstubs » 29 Apr 2007 05:43

You are supposed to drink half your body weight in ounces of water minimally, thats before exercise, you will need to drink even more when you exercise. If you are 160 lbs you will need to drink 10 8 OZ glasses of water.

If there are stupid people out there.... take your body weight (160), divide it by 2 (80), then divide it by 8 (10)... 160/2 = 80/8 = 10

Personally, I don't drink anything but water, and I have about 12 - 14 glasses a day, sometimes more when I play footbag. I'm well hydrated :wink:

Heres something to think about, if your pee is yellow, even a little yellow, and it smells, you aren't drinking enough water.

Mirage
Hack Fiend

Post by Mirage » 15 Nov 2007 12:13

Yes, I used to get headaches too back when I played football and that was because i drank less water than i should've, but you could also pour some of the water on yourself to keep yourself cool?

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 15 Nov 2007 12:27

I didnt even read what the rest of these people wrote because I know theyre wrong.

The correct thing to do is tape sliced limes to your temples and put a banana peel over you C**K, then when you shred, you wont get shreadaches. Good luck and make sure you actually do this.

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 15 Nov 2007 13:06

Back in my day we would've amputated.
"Fuck it man, you just gotta do it."

Joe Snyder

Representing FLF (Fort Lauderdale Footbaggers)

http://onlycountria.myminicity.com

Benzilla
The Professional

Post by Benzilla » 15 Nov 2007 14:54

amputate what!?! Your head??

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 15 Nov 2007 15:12

Benzilla wrote:amputate what!?! Your head??
At least.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 15 Nov 2007 17:05

Isilwar wrote:
Benzilla wrote:amputate what!?! Your head??
At least.
Seriously. Just be glad you don't have Sex Headaches.
"Fuck it man, you just gotta do it."

Joe Snyder

Representing FLF (Fort Lauderdale Footbaggers)

http://onlycountria.myminicity.com

Paul Agostinelli
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Paul Agostinelli » 21 Nov 2007 11:10

C-Fan wrote:Make sure you're drinking enough water during the session. Water or gatorade are fine, but soda/alcohol isn't.
make sure you are drinking 6 times the amount of water as you are gatorade, it isnt meant to be drank all the time, its meant to replenish electrolytes, it is more than unnecessary, it can be dehydrating to just drink gatorade.

gatorade is a supplement to be drank with water, remember this!
Precisely Mos Eisley

SpYdeR
Shredalicious

Post by SpYdeR » 02 Dec 2007 10:51

You could be getting headaches from not having enough carbs in your diet. When you workout hard like that your glycogen levels become extremely low, and when that happens your body starts to break down muscle for energy. You should eat a decent sized meal full of complex carbs about 2 hrs before a hard session. I eat a big bowl of oatmeal with some chocolate milk about 2hrs before a shred, then right after I have a big glass of chocolate milk...Chocolate milk was found to replenish athletes better then just about anything, because it has the right crab:protein ratio. Athletes need about a 4:1 carb protein ratio.

I had headaches before when I would shred bc I was a strict diet, bc I was trying to loose weight, but now I am at a good weight so I am not as anal as I was before.

If you are going to have a 2hr session the BEST thing you could have is a big Pasta meal about 2-3 hrs before. That way your glycogen levels will be full, so You have lots of energy for your sedssion. Also lately I have been having an 8oz glass of v8 fusion about 10 min before I shred. The carbs in fruit, and fruit juices break down very very quick, and give you a good burst of energy. The first time I did this, it felt like I down 5 redbulls!!!

Hope this helps, oh and yes drink a great deal of water, before, during, and after a hard session....

underooninja
BSOS Beast

Post by underooninja » 06 Dec 2007 10:27

i got a shred-ache yesterday after an hour session. i dehydrate quickly though so after 10 minutes of hovering over a water fountain i felt fine. food is great too but it seems to happen to me mostly when im dehydrated. the water consumption to body weight equation (if thats what it would be called) is interesting. im going to try it out. i usually just drink water till im better but sometimes i miss the line between feeling better and too much. sloshy water in yer tummy footbag sucks.