Resting Heart Rate & Footbag

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
Brad_R
Hack Fiend

Resting Heart Rate & Footbag

Post by Brad_R » 20 Sep 2007 11:32

I went to the doctor a while back cuase I hert my back playing footbag. The nurse took my heart rate, and it was at 57 beats per minute. Usually I run around 80. They asked me if I'm physically fit. I said "sure." I know it is common for runners to have low heart rates, but I wouldn't suspect myself to have a low hear rate. I'm 40 lbs over weight!! Although I do practice footbag regularly. what is your pulse modified?
Brad Robinson

Challenge me

Psilocybe
Fearless

Post by Psilocybe » 20 Sep 2007 21:24

I just came in at 76. 56 seems quite low, thats like less than once a second. Wowza.

Benzilla
The Professional

Post by Benzilla » 22 Sep 2007 15:00

i just tested my pulse and i came in about 80. You should really ask you doctor more about your heart rate if you are worried or just have questions.

I would rather ask a doctor and the footbag community rather than solely relying on the footbag community.

professor
Post Master General

Post by professor » 26 Sep 2007 18:58

Benzilla wrote:You should really ask you doctor more about your heart rate if you are worried or just have questions.

I would rather ask a doctor and the footbag community rather than solely relying on the footbag community.
Actually he isn't worried because the lower your resting heart rate, the more physically fit you are, within reason.

The average resting heart rate for a man is 70bpm and 75bpm for a woman. Anything less than that is awesome. In fact, Lance Armstrong (one of the most fit individuals in the world) has a resting heart rate of 32bpm! That's crazy good.

Right now I have about a 58bpm heart rate.
Ben Skaggs

Amateurs practice until they can get it right.
Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

No, I don't play soccer. Yes, there are competitions. 4 years. Lots of practice.

Zac Miley
Post Master General

Post by Zac Miley » 27 Sep 2007 16:08

I just came in at like, 67?

Last year I was at 85 I think. I must have miscalculated last year or something, that's a pretty big difference.
Jay (8:06:01 PM): Bu-bu-buu-buug--Looks up, and the feeling goes away like a sneeze-bu-buuuh-BULLLSHITTT
Jay (8:06:14 PM): *wipes bellybutton*

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 02 Oct 2007 14:30

I just calculated myself and happens to be at about 60, I'm quite surprised, I'm sure it has a lot to do with footbag and other sports I play.

HooD
HoodluM

Re: Resting Heart Rate & Footbag

Post by HooD » 07 Oct 2007 17:39

Brad_R wrote:The nurse took my heart rate, and it was at 57 beats per minute. Usually I run around 80.
It all depends when you take your HR. I know if you're falling asleep/bored in a waiting room for 30 minutes + and then you get your HR taken, it will be very low. I've had low readings when I was donating plasma because I would fall asleep in the waiting room and it would be about 50, any other time my normal pulse is about 65 or so.
More C4 please <3

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 08 Oct 2007 16:50

the time you take it is very important, as is your mental state as different short and long term stressors will have an effect. the most acurate resting HR will be taken right when you wake up from sleep (not a nap, but actual sleep) because your body has been in a resting state for a prolonged period of time.
I generaly check in at 54 when i wake and i'm between 60 and 70 during the day.
A.G.