Vitamin Water

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
SpYdeR
Shredalicious

Vitamin Water

Post by SpYdeR » 21 Sep 2007 21:11

So I wanted to try something that could maybe give me some good energy for those longer sessions, and I think I found something... Viatmin Water! I drank part of the bottle before my session, and a few gulps here and there during the session, and Dam it worked great. It is loaded with B viatmins. I read B Viatmins keep you replenished(sp?) during long activities. I think this stuff gave me the energy to finally hit Whirl today. I spent 3/4 of my session trying to hit the stupid move, but I did finally nail it. 3 times actually befoe the session was done with, but the point is viatmin water IMO works great to keep you going during those longer session.

Has anyone else tried drinking this stuff before a session? Or have you tried anything else?
Last edited by SpYdeR on 22 Sep 2007 10:58, edited 1 time in total.

ByrnsiE
Hack Fiend

Post by ByrnsiE » 22 Sep 2007 08:11

That stuff is real good. I drink it all the time when im hacking, footbag, basketball and biking around. My personal favorite is either Revive or Energy, but then again those only two I've tried so :D
Josh Byrns ~ aka "Byrnsie"

Fayetteville, New York

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 22 Sep 2007 09:44

I just tried their XXX flavor. it tastes like blueberry. super good.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

SpYdeR
Shredalicious

Post by SpYdeR » 22 Sep 2007 10:57

yea, I also had the XXX flavor, it tasted good, and gave me tons of energy.

btw i spelled vitamin wrong.. :oops:

Burrin
Multidex Master

Post by Burrin » 23 Sep 2007 18:59

Power c is the best for shredding imo
Be careful what you wish for

I got myself a footblog http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... 016#342016

Anthony Swanson

http://gyroville.myminicity.com/

SpYdeR
Shredalicious

Post by SpYdeR » 23 Sep 2007 19:05

actually I tried Vitamin Water thats in a can called Vitamin/Energy, and one can has 200% of your daily B Vitamins. And when you workout for lonng periods of time your B vitamins get most depleted. I guess is also has "natural caffiene" which gives a good boost. But this stuff has alot more calories, than regulay Vitamin Water....

Burrin
Multidex Master

Post by Burrin » 23 Sep 2007 20:04

caffeine good for you? lawl
Be careful what you wish for

I got myself a footblog http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... 016#342016

Anthony Swanson

http://gyroville.myminicity.com/

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 24 Sep 2007 11:54

Apples contain caffeine.
"Fuck it man, you just gotta do it."

Joe Snyder

Representing FLF (Fort Lauderdale Footbaggers)

http://onlycountria.myminicity.com

SpYdeR
Shredalicious

Post by SpYdeR » 24 Sep 2007 13:45

no, caffeine is bad for you, but "natural caffeine" i guess isnt. Its natural it must be good for you!! lol

Bringerofpie
Fearless

Post by Bringerofpie » 24 Sep 2007 14:17

SpYdeR wrote:no, caffeine is bad for you, but "natural caffeine" i guess isnt. Its natural it must be good for you!! lol
Like arsenic!
"Fuck it man, you just gotta do it."

Joe Snyder

Representing FLF (Fort Lauderdale Footbaggers)

http://onlycountria.myminicity.com

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 04 Jun 2008 11:29

XXX vitamin water tastes like cherry koolaid... go try it!!!

haha

My fav. is Lemonade :D

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 04 Jun 2008 12:05

Caffeine is great for increasing athletic performance. Explain why you think it's so bad for you.
Jon's FootBlog
MSN: jon.haber@gmail.com
"It was clean enough to be thin..." - Andrew W.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 04 Jun 2008 14:23

"Power C" and "XXX" are my favorite flavors of Vitamin Water. I like to drink them during a session. I drink "Energy" only when I didn't get enough time to rest the night before having a session.

However, I think it's best not to rely too much on Vitamin Water. A good stable meal an hour or two before footbag, and drinking plenty of water during the session, are the best options, imo.

I would also advise avoiding Vitamin Energy. I don't know about you, but I always feel a bit dehydrated during my sessions when drinking that stuff.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

ptshredder
Shredalicious

Post by ptshredder » 21 Jun 2008 13:40

try GATORADE !!! it is an energy drink, I drink this before my sessions, and its help a lot. It contains fructose, glucose (fuel for the muscles), sodium, potassium, magnesium, and vitamins.
I think the powder is better than the drink because you can make yourself the drink, and it contains more component.
Tamas Papp

chris-
Shredaholic

Post by chris- » 21 Jun 2008 14:39

jon wrote:Caffeine is great for increasing athletic performance. Explain why you think it's so bad for you.
here we go
Footblog
Christoph Alexander

ptshredder
Shredalicious

Post by ptshredder » 21 Jun 2008 14:48

minimal caffeine is not bad but caffeine is diuretic so I think lot of caffeine is bad. If you drink an energy drink (250 ml which contains 80 mg caffeine) before the session, nothing may be your trouble then.
Tamas Papp

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 21 Jun 2008 20:39

chris- wrote:
jon wrote:Caffeine is great for increasing athletic performance. Explain why you think it's so bad for you.
here we go
Interesting but one study with 18 participants doesn't really have much depth to it. Not even enough for statistical significance. It also neglects that caffeine may have other affects on the body that lead to positive overall increase in athletic performance not to mention overall health benefits.

I could post a bunch of research studies that are more extensive but I will let you google it yourself. Here is something interesting I found in less than 1 minute of searching.

---

Boost to Athleticism

It's also caffeine -- and not coffee, per se -- that makes java a powerful aid in enhancing athletic endurance and performance, says physiologist and longtime coffee researcher Terry Graham, PhD, of the University of Guelph in Canada. So powerful, in fact, that until recently, caffeine in coffee or other forms was deemed a "controlled" substance by the Olympic Games Committee, meaning that it could be consumed only in small, designated amounts by competing athletes.

"What caffeine likely does is stimulate the brain and nervous system to do things differently," he tells WebMD. "That may include signaling you to ignore fatigue or recruit extra units of muscle for intense athletic performance. Caffeine may even have a direct effect on muscles themselves, causing them to produce a stronger contraction. But what's amazing about it is that unlike some performance-enhancing manipulation some athletes do that are specific for strength or sprinting or endurance, studies show that caffeine positively enhances all of these things."

I'm a bit partial as I go to Guelph :p
Jon's FootBlog

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 21 Jun 2008 20:52

I heard that caffeine lowers suicidal tendencies.

jon
Foosebag God

Post by jon » 21 Jun 2008 20:53

http://www.supermarketguru.com/page.cfm/30839 - not super scientific but ...

"Coffee, and its primary stimulant, caffeine have been the focus of more than 19,000 professional medical studies during the last twenty years. What is the conclusion of so much attention? Something we have suspect for years: coffee IS good for you when consumed in moderation. Moderation can be anywhere from three to six cups of coffee a day."

more in the article

Personally I don't usually drink coffee before shredding and typically drink water. I tend not to worry about it too much esp when I am just practicing and out there having fun. Personally when I do put in the effort I prefer to sip on a drink that is a combination whey protein, dextrose, and maltodextrin (link). Anecdotally I have drank coffee, espresso, taken 200 mg caffeine pills, and caffeine pills along with 20 mg ephedra pills on separate occasions before shredding and have never observed negative impacts on my game as a result of consuming the above.
Jon's FootBlog

ptshredder
Shredalicious

Post by ptshredder » 22 Jun 2008 03:11

An acute overdose of caffeine, usually in excess of about 300 milligrams, dependent on body weight and level of caffeine tolerance, can result in a state of central nervous system over-stimulation called caffeine intoxication, colloquially "caffeine jitters". The symptoms of caffeine intoxication are not unlike overdoses of other stimulants. It may include restlessness, nervousness, excitement, insomnia, flushing of the face, increased urination, gastrointestinal disturbance, muscle twitching, a rambling flow of thought and speech, irritability, irregular or rapid heart beat, and psychomotor agitation. In cases of much larger overdoses mania, depression, lapses in judgment, disorientation, loss of social inhibition, delusions, hallucinations, psychosis, rhabdomyolysis, and death may occur.
my opinion is this: don't drink caffee, rather drink an energy drink! :wink:
Tamas Papp