work and its pains

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
ByrnsiE
Hack Fiend

work and its pains

Post by ByrnsiE » 30 Sep 2007 08:27

Well I work at P&C Fresh Market which is a grocery store.
I be a stock clerk so I stock everything of course :)

Anyway yesterday I had to work 1-9 and what a fucking busy day it was. So I was unloading a truck jack and using forklift to put pallets on the shelves. One of the pallets i was moving had a box of detergants on top that wasnt wrapped in the industrial saran wrap. While I was moving it the box fell off landed on my foot.

Freaking thing hurt so bad. It's like a 20-25pounds of detergant right on my foot. And thats not all. I was moving some shelves up and down where the soda is. And one shelf collasped so I'm sitting there hold like 80 pounds of soda. Pulled a muscle in my shoulder now.

Just a bad day at work it was yesterday.
Josh Byrns ~ aka "Byrnsie"

Fayetteville, New York

SpYdeR
Shredalicious

Post by SpYdeR » 04 Oct 2007 16:44

Well thats sucks. My work also gets me soar. Most days I stand for 7-8 hrs straight, and I also have to move pallets, and boxes..ect...ect...and the other day I was working a pallet jack and it smashed into my big toe on my right foot, and my other foot has an ingrown toenail. so ya my feet hurt. lol

Eskimo Joe
Cold Blooded

Post by Eskimo Joe » 17 Oct 2007 06:01

I don't know about the States, but here in Canada, if any injury occurs at the workplace, we are able to get time off with pay from the Workers Compensation Board. All we need to do is go see a doctor explain the situation and they write down how long they think you should be off until you are fully healed and then you take this to the Compensation Board and they contact your employer. That is, if the injury is serious enough. IE: your pulled shoulder and if you have a broken toe or something.

I had to do this once and got two weeks off with pay. It sucked to get hurt, but it was good to know that I would still get paid.
Eskimo Joe