Ingrown Toenail

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
SpYdeR
Shredalicious

Ingrown Toenail

Post by SpYdeR » 16 Oct 2007 11:33

So I have had an ingrown toenail on my left big toe, for a long long time. But finally I am on antibiotics right now to remove any infection(i am actually soaking my foot in warm water with Epsom salts right this second) After a week of antibiotics they are gonna remove it....Now I have a few question....

1.) How bad does it hurt getting the nail removed..?

2.) Does it hurt afterwards...? If so for how long..?

3.) How long will I be unable to shred..?

4.) Will getting the toe fixed improve my game in the long run...?

oh should I buy some pain killers just incase it hurts afterwards???

-Thanks

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 16 Oct 2007 14:06

are they removing the whole toenail? or just cutting out the part that's ingrown?

the pain won't be terrible. when I've had ingrown nails, I've just dug them out with a knife, and toughed through the pain while squeezing out the pus.

good luck.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

SpYdeR
Shredalicious

Post by SpYdeR » 16 Oct 2007 19:03

Wow that didnt sound painfull at all. lol

But they are probably just goingto remove a small piece from both sides of my toe.

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 16 Oct 2007 21:00

There are already 2 threads about this topic. You need to do searches before you create new topics. I believe this has been pointed out to you before. How you are able to persist without semblance of a real name in your signature and a footbag-dot-com avatar on top of shenanigans like this is a mystery to me. If you want people to help you, you really need to start following the rules.

Previous ingrown toenail topics for you to review:

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... ht=ingrown
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.ph ... ht=ingrown

Anyways, harsh words aside, I have had 2 ingrown toe nail surgeries so I will provide my insight.

1) Assuming you are having a doctor remove it, they give you a local anesthetic to your foot, it doesn't hurt at all you won't feel a thing.
2) No it does not hurt at all. The only thing will be the constant soaks, and cleaning out the blood, pus and other nastiness that may surface after surgery is done.
3) 3 to 7 days normally
4) Yes. Assuming you are experiencing chronic pain/discomfort because of the ingrown nail making that go away will make playing easier. You'll be able to concentrate on playing instead of being distracted by pain/discomfort.

So go get it done. It's really no big deal. You'll be much happier with it taken care of.

-Ben