Looking to Lose some Weight?

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 16 Jul 2010 08:17

Good post Dimitri.

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 20 Jul 2010 09:50

very true.

the vegan diet could be great for someone, or a complete disaster. But, an omnivorous diet works in the same manner. No matter what your diet is broken down too, you still need the essential vitamins and minerals to have strong bones, healthy organs, and good blood. Even in the sample diet I posted, that can be altered in a omnivorous way, but if you pay attention too it and see what I accentuated most, was the multiple small meals. That is the key to a fast metabolism, which opens the doors for weight loss.

thedudeman
Multidex Master

Post by thedudeman » 27 Jul 2010 21:00

i have a tiny buddha belly, doesnt bother me :)
i eat like shit, i say just play a LOT and the weight will go away FAST, if i play everyday at least an hour to hour and a half i dont gain weight, sometimes i even lose a bit
im connor payne

yall already know it's stanford homie

DimitriFrazao
Hack Fiend

Post by DimitriFrazao » 29 Jul 2010 12:29

Be careful. Being in shape doesn't necessarily mean that you have good health.
After many years of eating badly your body will pay at the end... which is sad because I love junk food :)

Like they say... you're only going to take care of your health the day you get really sick. I found out that I had 2 herniated disks at the age of 25. That made me work out and eat better.

Make sure you get healthy habits before falling ill.

As for the previous conversation about having many small portion meals trough out the day is true, but it also depends at moments.
If you eat a lot of calories your body lowers your metabolism to keep the temperature right.
If I have a big meal during lunch, my whole afternoon is gone :)
Also if you keep your body without food for more then 4 hours it starts to think that you're not going to get food... so it switches to starvation mode. That way your body keeps fat and makes it harder to lose it.

So eating small portions will definitely help, but there are moments when you need more or less food.
During breakfast you need more calories because your body spent many hours without food during sleep. Eating a good breakfast will keep your body ready for the day and it also helps burning fat.

If you're planing on doing some intense exercise (like going on your honey moon) you should eat more to keep your body fueled.

On the other hand you should avoid eating big meals and lots of carbohydrates before going to bed.
Since you're body is not moving and your metabolism drops during sleep, all the food is easily stored as fat.
The carbohydrates turn in to sugar, which in high doses is poisonous to the body. So it stores it as fat.

Eating a normal meal with minimal or no carbohydrates about 3 hours before going to bed will highly improve your Buddha belly.

I think i should stop here and go footbag outside :)
See ya!

DimitriFrazao
Hack Fiend

Post by DimitriFrazao » 10 Aug 2010 12:03

man... reading my own post after a month I kinda regret writing it.
I sound like a cocky personal trainer :)
Most of that stuff i learned from articles and bodybuilder friends.

If you see my beer belly you would probably delete my post, haha.

Is anyone into raw diet? Is it possible?

Jordan
Wu-Tang

Post by Jordan » 15 Aug 2010 08:28

ive met raw vegans. its a good idea, theoretically, in the sense that all your food is containing 100% of its nutrition because youre not cooking it. But, its a very hard diet to follow through with. Im also talking about raw veganism. When it comes to a raw omnivorous diet, I would say that eating raw meat is very hazardous. Especially with all the chemicals that are in the meat they sell to groceries. I would read up on it heavily before taking that journey. Have you ever heard of a fruitarian?

drillbit
Shredalicious

Post by drillbit » 17 Aug 2010 06:39

DimitriFrazao wrote:Be careful. Being in shape doesn't necessarily mean that you have good health.
After many years of eating badly your body will pay at the end... which is sad because I love junk food :)

Like they say... you're only going to take care of your health the day you get really sick. I found out that I had 2 herniated disks at the age of 25. That made me work out and eat better.

Make sure you get healthy habits before falling ill.

As for the previous conversation about having many small portion meals trough out the day is true, but it also depends at moments.
If you eat a lot of calories your body lowers your metabolism to keep the temperature right.
If I have a big meal during lunch, my whole afternoon is gone :)
Also if you keep your body without food for more then 4 hours it starts to think that you're not going to get food... so it switches to starvation mode. That way your body keeps fat and makes it harder to lose it.

So eating small portions will definitely help, but there are moments when you need more or less food.
During breakfast you need more calories because your body spent many hours without food during sleep. Eating a good breakfast will keep your body ready for the day and it also helps burning fat.

If you're planing on doing some intense exercise (like going on your honey moon) you should eat more to keep your body fueled.

On the other hand you should avoid eating big meals and lots of carbohydrates before going to bed.
Since you're body is not moving and your metabolism drops during sleep, all the food is easily stored as fat.
The carbohydrates turn in to sugar, which in high doses is poisonous to the body. So it stores it as fat.

Eating a normal meal with minimal or no carbohydrates about 3 hours before going to bed will highly improve your Buddha belly.

I think i should stop here and go footbag outside :)
See ya!
i just switched up my diet to stay low calorie but place foods more strategically during the day.

i especially like the cottage cheese and yogurt prior to bed!

DimitriFrazao
Hack Fiend

Post by DimitriFrazao » 07 Sep 2010 04:23

I think raw fish isn't that bad. Specially farm grown fishes that don't have mercury and other dirty things.
Now raw pork and beef, that's super bad! You can get nasty parasites like tape worm. There's a worm found in pork meat that can travel in your bloodstream and end up anywhere in your body. There are cases of people that get them in their head!

I never heard of fruitism, but it sounds interesting. Eating fruits is soooo good for the body.
I've been at a raw restaurant a few times. The food is great, but I have a hard time digesting the food. Even some of my friends have the same problem. I wonder if you the stomach can get used to it.

Cottage cheese is really good. I heard from a biologist that if you put some blue cheese or feta cheese in your salad, your body will absorb the vitamins better then if you were to eat it without the cheese.
I hope it's true because I love cheese :)