Hello everyone [fifth metatarsal strengthening]

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
MrJelloman
Circle Kicker

Hello everyone [fifth metatarsal strengthening]

Post by MrJelloman » 14 Jul 2010 05:30

I recently just healed my fifth metatarsal and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to strengthen my foot effectively? I can't balance on the ball of my right foot anymore at this time. Should I do exercises or just keep walking on it?

Thank you.

[edited title to include specific question - Frank_]

keko
Shredalicious

Post by keko » 14 Jul 2010 13:53

What kind of injury did you have in the fifth metatarsal?

I sprain my 5th metatarsal some months ago, and it took over 2 moths to recover of it. What i did to recover of it was to move the less i could my foot these two months. When I started to feel better I started to massage my foot on the place that hurts. I also streght my 5th metatarsal with my hands (by that way if it hurts you can be more precise with the streght).

When I felt that my foot was enough ok, I played two-three days with basic tricks and then I started to play with more and more difficult tricks until I felt it was totally ok.

I hope this helps.
Sergio Hernández (Keko)

Challenge me!

MrJelloman
Circle Kicker

Post by MrJelloman » 15 Jul 2010 02:17

It was very helpful! Also it was a fracture!

Sergey
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Sergey » 20 Jul 2010 05:00

I've had some pretty bad ankle sprains in the past. The last one I had...I couldn't walk for the longest time and I thought I had lost my ankle crank for ever and footbag is out of the question. I was wrong! Fully recovered in two weeks by doing only two exercises after work before going to bed. I did 1) "toe raises" - three - four sets all till failure 2) Balancing on one foot - also three sets all till failure. I don't think I understand what kind of injury you have, but here is my 2 cents. =)
Sergey Pikalov