back pain keeps coming back

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
thedudeman
Multidex Master

back pain keeps coming back

Post by thedudeman » 28 Jan 2011 14:35

so about two weeks ago i was having a sesh with the crew and i tried a few drifters and one of them tweaked my back kinda nasty

the pain was in the middle of my back on the right side in the middle of my ribs

it went away for a while but has come back and is preventing me from playing, it heals really fast but comes back like 45 minutes into a session, should i just wait a while or what?
im connor payne

yall already know it's stanford homie

jay7
Flower Child

Post by jay7 » 28 Jan 2011 15:29

Hey Connor,

I'd suggest waiting a little while, even though it would suck. There is also the option of getting extremely good at swirl, and twist, but it takes some decent personal strength to not bail and begin shredding.

Dave clearly has some back pain experience, so I would ask him personally next session. Ask Brian about stitching, or just hug Leroy for a bit. Maybe film some, and learn how to video edit.

Good luck, sir.
Jay Boychuk

thedudeman
Multidex Master

Post by thedudeman » 29 Jan 2011 02:21

i'll talk to dave, idk if i can just stop, i think ill just take it easy, this could be an opportunity to practice my form a bit more, because it only happens when i do improper form
im connor payne

yall already know it's stanford homie

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 06 Feb 2011 10:14

I have had back pain too, just from everyday activities and possibly inherited it from my dad. Anyways I've been going to a Chiropractor which has helped some..
HOWEVER.
I signed up for a pilates course for my necessary gym credit in college. Its a non machine course and kind of hurts like hell but anyways this has helped my back tremendously. I have class once a week for an hour and a half.

Honestly if your that pissed about it go get involved with some women(aka take a class), or maybe if you want I could make a youtube video showing what streches i've learned that have helped me most. I'll just look like a fag :(
Cory Allen
My Footblog

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 06 Feb 2011 11:20

thedudeman wrote:i'll talk to dave, idk if i can just stop, i think ill just take it easy, this could be an opportunity to practice my form a bit more, because it only happens when i do improper form
sounds like you already know why its happening. When you drifter do you turn your torso (like from your hips and above) with as you are doing the drifter?

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 04 Mar 2011 02:23

Pick up hatha yoga lessons, you'll benefin besides the back also.

Seriously footbaggers must stretch out somehow, back pain may just come because of the impact of shred with time. Felix as i heard stop playing due to his back, Clavens had a really long break.

I suffered for 2 months last year due to back pain, i had a manual therapy course this autumn and im stretching regularly. Im ok now