Injured players roster

The exercises & techniques to keep your body healthy for footbag.
Cod
Flower Child

Post by Cod » 13 May 2009 16:49

I have problem with my back :?. I have played only once for a month or something and that's only because my team has a bunch of paid shows and I have to do them. The next one is this friday. It's really sad when all the guys are pushing the limits and I can hit only some Pixies because of my stupid back...
Michał Biarda (Me-how Be-r-da)

Rozo
Shredaholic

Post by Rozo » 13 May 2009 23:53

Cod wrote:I have problem with my back. I have played only once for a month or something and that's only because my team has a bunch of paid shows and I have to do them. The next one is this friday. It's really sad when all the guys are pushing the limits and I can hit only some Pixies because of my stupid back...
I've had this feeling for almost two years now, Cod. I believe it's not that bad with you, because you actually do hit some pixies :) and I hope it's just a matter of few months to heal your back. Anyway, I got used to that feeling when you're just physically unable to shred. Still I feel I'm in the community and I'm heading to worlds which are gonna be shredless for me again.

So sticking to the topic, I have a knee injury. It's mainly a damage of the cartilage. After about 10 months of knee injections, tons of pills and even acupuncture, I had a knee surgery. It was in March and I'm supposed to walk on crutches till June. So I guess I'm an injured player, eh? Yeah I got used to it. :wink:
Pawel Rozek

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 25 May 2009 16:11

Have fucked my ac joint. Getting an x-ray today hopefully. It is in pretty bad shape - I can't lift my arm up passed 90 degrees - and I don't mean that it's hurts to do that. It hurts to do anything involving that arm, but I actually physically can't lift it up past 90 degrees unless I relax and lift it up with the other hand. Not a good sign I imagine.

Also may well have a broken hand, which happened separately a week ago. It's not too bad - I can still use the hand fine for everything and I've been playing sport with no problems, but it's still swollen and has a lump where there shouldn't be one and hurts a little when I touch it or make a fist.

It's entirely possible I could have two separate surgeries in the next week :?

I have already removed all sport from my calendar for the next few weeks. At least I'll get some reading done.

Iron Clad Ben
Superior Precision Bionics

Post by Iron Clad Ben » 27 May 2009 13:36

Crap, I'm on the DL now. Knee injury that is definitely the result of poor form on flip clippers. I'm going to take a month off and see how I feel.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 02 Jul 2009 18:28

Knee injury. Could be a torn tendon or an overused muscle. It's hard to walk up or down stairs without feeling intense pain (after a footbag session). Bending on the knee as support for a clipper delay feels like I'm dislocating my shin from my thigh. :?

Scheduled a doctor's appointment on July 9th, Thursday. But for now, I'm going to try to get into one more weekend session and take the rest of the week that follows with some good R&R, and maybe more after the appointment.
Waylon Lew - maker of Wasabi bags
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 02 Jul 2009 22:12

You are wasting the drs time and your money if you plan on shredding inbetween an injury and the dr appointment. Cmon Waylon you know better.

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 09 Jul 2009 19:57

Doc tells me my knee is fine. I just had a really tight hamstring, which caused the pain that was behind my knee. Just need to do more stretching and squats. :?
NYFA represent.
"Footbag can be pretty frustrating when it's supposed to be fun. I was partly driven by this forum - practice, practice, practice... As that is true, I think someone can be too focused on progressing and training that they miss the fun aspect of it." - Bander87

danetrain
Circle Kicker

Post by danetrain » 02 Aug 2009 18:30

I broke my right leg like 2 months ago. had surgery, plate in my leg and 2 pins in my ankle. just started physical therapy, and when i my get strength back hope to do some light kicking. Nothing too serious, not sure I'll ever try serious stuff again.
Miss playing footbag, hope to start kicking again soon

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 20 Aug 2009 23:14

hopefully your leg heals up good :wink: I had a bad break too, broken femur and it rotated like 180 degrees because I was getting dragged by a horse. hopefully your legs look better after recovery than mine do LMAO.

PegLegHolly
Swashbuckler

Post by PegLegHolly » 03 May 2010 21:24

torn meniscus. no more footbagging for me.
:(
Holly Mathews
peglegholly.com

Wasabi
Amatera-Sewing

Post by Wasabi » 26 Sep 2011 21:25

Massive sprain on my ankle after performing "Bubba" on my last run in Intermediate Circle Comp. Prelims at East Coast Footbag Championships 2011 this past weekend. Cause: Deep crack at the tournament grounds on the Saturday prelims were held, body weary and almost aggravated from shredding all day and competition getting delayed.

Furthermore, competition was delayed an hour or so due to some unfortunate complaining, so my body was cooling off during the extended time.

Photos of the injury:

Career breaker for sure, but I'm undergoing R&R so that I can at least play at NYJ in Chicago. Mark my fucking words.
NYFA represent.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 27 Sep 2011 09:40

NYJ in Chicago. Mark my fucking words.
:-D

crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 12 Jan 2012 21:51

youll be back Waylon. :D

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 26 Feb 2012 23:13

I guess I'm in here now. Taking a month off while strengthening my shin every day and hopefully I can come back to this lovely sport. Left shin problems.

Dear Flip Ripped Warrior:

I miss you, baby.

~Love,
Nick Polini <3
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

mac42
Hack Fiend

Re: Injured players roster

Post by mac42 » 10 Aug 2013 03:59

I don't like it here.

Killed my left knee, hip, and lower back. I am pretty sure a bad landing from flail did me in. This is day 4. Anton came up from kzoo on the second day of pain, and under the influence of lots of pain killers and a bunch if hot n cold packs, i thought it was a good idea to kick.

I just have to say.... i don't like not kicking. It doesn't feel right

xsisbest
Shredaholic

Post by xsisbest » 09 Oct 2013 21:50

I've had bad turf toe ever since high school. I'm now 40 and within the last year or so my turf toe has returned.. Pretty much once I started helping and then becoming the head wrestling coach at the high school. It may have all started when I wrestled back at a young age and never noticed.

Needless to say ever since USO's this year the bottom of my foot directly below where the pain in my big toe is (pretty much the big ball joint on the bottom of foot below the big toe) is just killing to the point that it's hard to walk after a shred session. I still burn through the pain and deal with it but it's becoming very annoying. I've taken more than a week off and it still throbs from time to time just walking on it. I thought it was from shoe gooing my shoes to heavily and have since gone on to a different pair but I never experienced the bottom of the foot pain until I gooed them up the last time. I only wore them for like 2 weeks but the pain remains... I'm most likely going to have to have surgery on my toe to remove the spur that is most likely starting.. I wish I wouldn't of watched the youtube video of this procedure as now I'm scared to ever try it as it looks god awful lol..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61JB9x5JbV8[/youtube]
A dream becomes a goal when action is taken towards it's achievement

isirc10
Fearless

Post by isirc10 » 14 Dec 2014 23:31

Figured I'd post here since I'm on the way up. Tore my Achilles tendon at PA Net Championships and didn't play footbag for about 6 months. Boy it's nice to be back though.
Ivan Iakimenko

Maker of I^2 Footbags!

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 09 Feb 2015 20:22

Down for the count. I'm sporting a minor ankle sprain with matching knee pain. Going out in style. Hoping this should only be for just 2 weeks. I'll be on my mental game in the mean time.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Add Block
BSOS Beast

Post by Add Block » 10 Feb 2015 03:56

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic wrote:Down for the count. I'm sporting a minor ankle sprain with matching knee pain. Going out in style. Hoping this should only be for just 2 weeks. I'll be on my mental game in the mean time.
Have you tried the stretches recommended in my Injury post? If done correctly, your knees should radiate warmth when you shred.
As Kuba said on facebook, you need to stretch to make some long-latin-name fluid get into your joints. Those exercises were unmatched in my little research in terms of stretching and warming up.

I'd even say that if those don't work, then it's either a bruise or something more serious.
Bruises can disguise as injuries, especially in the knee. I have one now, took me 2 days to figure out it's just a bruise and not another injury.
I hate bad form and I'm a hypocrite.

Vojta