Team Fortress 2

This is the forum to discuss non-footbag movies, TV, music, videogames, and art.
C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Team Fortress 2

Post by C-Fan » 09 May 2015 11:59

What better top post image could we find to kick off the new page?
akalazou wrote:
8O
Did he buy that? Or did he have unlucky unboxes? Crazy either way.

Big news on my end is that I traded my max head. While it was cool doing the disco beatdown max on all classes, it also made each one feel less unique. I decided that since I play demo nearly as much as Heavy, I wanted to trade it for a high effect demo hat. And so I did:

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 09 May 2015 13:57

I learned that it's not his... he's selling it for the real owner who quit tf2

I nice hat you got there! I rrally like the sunbeams

Fun fact about the KE unusuals... you know that there is only 3 sunbeam KE? I saw two of them in the same mvm server once. They are friends, with almoat the same name *******icious (******** = i don't remember the actual name) that was beautifull.

Personnaly, i changed my soldier look a little bit.

All in white
strange all-father. Around 6 keys i think +2 for paint
strange ghastlierest gibus. 9 keys +2
Unusual exquisite rack(ace high). 57 keys +2

And of course, with the pro aussy BB and the s.pro whip/pan
Julien Cote

Proud to be sponsored by http://www.kolosport.com

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 22 Jun 2015 10:36

So I played around a bit with the lotto on Backpack.tf...I won a little, and then I lost a lot. :( Really dampened my enthusiasm for the trading game. Long story short, I now only have 2 unusuals. The sunbeams demo hat, and the Secret to Everybody Heavy hat. Since those are my 2 main classes, I don't want to risk the lotto any more. *sigh*

This video intrigued me, with how mobile the demo is using trimping and other tricks: Looks like so much fun!

I'm still playing some payload maps these days, but I recently bought Bioshock Infinite, so hopefully that'll lead to a break from TF2 for a bit.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 31 Aug 2015 08:30

Haven't updated my strange counts in forever, and my sticky got to 11,111 today, so seemed like a good excuse. Here are my counts as of today for my main loadouts:

Scout:
Face melting Scattergun: 1077 kills (139 Soldiers, 73 defenders, 550 robots)
Epic Mad Milk: 6184 soaks
Somewhat threatening Pistol: 78 kills
Spectacularly lethal Bat: 346 kills (36 Medics)

Soldier
Spectacularly lethal Professional Liberty Launcher: 298 kills (76 bldgs destroyed, 163 robots, 82 halloween kills)
Server clearing Black Box: 3374 kills

Demoman
Rage-inducing Grenade Launcher: 2454 kills
Hale's Own KS Sticky: 11,111 kills (1153 Demomen, 1222 critical kills, 711 defenders)
Truly feared Bottle: 245 kills

Pyro
Fabulous Apparition's Aspect: 2735 points
Epic Degreaser: 6263 kills (1641 allies ext, 341 posthumous kills, 3074 reflects)
Face melting Shotgun: 1359 kills (93 underwater, 269 Pyros)
Face melting Axtinguisher: 1318 kills (371 full moon, 83 Heavies)

Engie
Server clearing Killstreak Jag: 3163 sentry kills (225 melee kills, 1139 sappers, 3 defender melee kills)
Somewhat threatening Pistol: 78 kills
Face melting Frontier Justice: 1142 kills (131 robot spies)

Heavy
Mannceaux Signature Collection Toss Proof Towel: 20,039 points (300 taunts, 1057 fires survived)
Hale's Own Professional Minigun (Malia): 22,986 kills (1952 Dominations, 20,675 robots, 821 ubered kills)
Rage-inducing Spec Natasha: 2266 kills (341 Pyros, 274 Soldiers)
Spectacularly lethal GRU: 288 kills

Sniper
Epic Villain's Veil: 4504 points (173 taunts)
Rage-inducing Huntsman: 1548 kills (543 headshots, 147 Demomen, 94 dominations)
Face-melting Sydney Sleeper: 1452 kills (664 Snipers, 144 airborne)
Server clearing Jarate: 2799 soaks
Truly feared Bushwacka: 236 kills

Medic
Epic Foppish Physician: 4107 points
Syringe Gun: 382 kills
Scarcely Lethal Crusader's Crossbow: 38 kills (11,737 healing)
Rage-inducing Medigun: 2319 ubers (6223 assists)
Notably dangerous Vaccinator: 169 ubers (298 assists, 58,774 healing)
Wicked nasty Ubersaw: 539 kills

Spy
Glamorous Camera Beard: 1395 points
Server clearing Knife: 2979 kills (166 Engies, 51 Medics, 124 Snipers)
Wicked nasty Diamondback: 520 kills (93 snipers)
Server Clearing Sapper: 817 saps
Rage-inducing Dead ringer: 1820 faked deaths

Been playing a lot of Powerhouse lately. Need 9 more wins and I will have gotten all the achievements for that map.

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 16 Sep 2015 03:41

i started to trade a little bit again.

since i'm not playing that much of scout anymore, i said to mysef:" why don't you trade your scout unusual to get a nice second soldier unusual to team with the aces high exquisite rack?"

so i traded my 13 keys hat (steaming baker boy) for one that worth 21 keys. ( i don't remember which one tho)

then i traded it for a cloud 9 dapper doper, i liked it .. but it wasn't worth enough for me yet.

i traded it for 8 keys pure + peace circle larrinkin (16 keys) + a strange por KS stickybomb signed by b4nny ( i hope you know who hat is, if not, he's a tf2 competitive superstar, he would be in BAP ... footbag'wise). i'm trying to sell it for 13 keys.

fater that,i put the circling larrikin and the sticky on tf2outpost, got only 2 bad offers and decided to put the larrikin on the market, it got sold yesterday and i got 75 CAD for it, which was enough to buy 22 keys with it (that was the plan).

So, after only 3 trades, i started with a 13 keys unusual and now i'm at 30 keys pure and a s.pro KS sticky signed by b4nny (8 keys without the signature).

my goal (for now) is to get a green energy sergeant drill or dapper dopper and paint it white

i'll try to sell the SL, but if i can't and keep getting higher values items, i'll keep it even if i don't play demo in pvp :) singularity / manndarin
Julien Cote

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 07 Oct 2015 06:51

Nice work with the trading! I feel like after I lost so much betting, it really killed my trading mojo.

What do you think of the Invasion update? Just looks like a bunch of reskins of weps and maps, though I haven't tried some of the new maps yet.

The unusual effects overall look pretty bad. Other than nebula and abduction they all look awful.

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 10 Oct 2015 16:11

i didn't have the time to play since the update yet, too much work for school, but i REALY like the abduction and the atomic one.

i'm currently with a flaming something (the pumpkin fire circling one) drill, so i finally have 2 effects on my solly, weeeeeeeeeeeee

i'll let you know what i think of it in this week, when i'll be done with my major shits
Julien Cote

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 19 Oct 2015 13:41

Hey Julien, I know you appreciate juggling a target with rockets, so check out the 25 second mark here:
Rumor has it there will be no new halloween update from Valve this year. Probably new unusual effects, and all maps from the past will be active, but no new map. Given how bad last year was, I'm fine with that. I just want to get halloween paints and footprints on all my stuff this year.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 11 Nov 2015 19:10

C-Fan wrote: Rumor has it there will be no new halloween update from Valve this year. Probably new unusual effects, and all maps from the past will be active, but no new map. I just want to get halloween paints and footprints on all my stuff this year.
Halloween was OK this year. No new maps, and no timed drops, which meant I got a lot less Halloween loot than in past years. Also no paints or spells, which sucks. The coolest part of Halloween this year was the transmuting, which netted me three cool items (Crone Dome, Beep Man misc, and a haunted haunted hat), and the fact you could unbox old Halloween effects like the pentagrams and moons. I tried 3 unboxes, but no luck. I did 2 crate 42s, and 1 crate 45, all in the hopes of strange parts if I didn't get unusuals. Ended up with a projectile reflects (nice!), strange pistol, and strange skullcutter. Overall not great. It's now been over 4 years since I unboxed an unusual. :(

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 13 Nov 2015 15:26

i really think that the lack of halloween drops sucked this year, i always got crap too beside maybe 2 things ... i transmuted like 30+ times and got crap. i had a shit load of bad/useless things that i din't care at all.

on the good side, I HAVE THE KITTENS !!!!!! i know that i overpaid A LOT, but i got rid of things that had value and i wasn't using. bubbling pugilist ( of of the worst unusual hat of the game IMO ) (10 keys) + s.proKS cowmangler (2.5keys) + the collector proKS sandman i built ( 4.7 keys) + s regKS woodland (3 keys )

i still have somethings that worth something and that i don't really use, i like them, but i don't use them :( like a s.proKS quickfix (6keys), a s.proKS shotgun (5 keys)

i want to upgrade my drill (flaming lantern) for another drill with green energy but if i want to get rid of those items :(

what would you do ?
Julien Cote

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 20 Nov 2015 22:27

Oof, dont ask me for trading advice. I've basically given up on trading and the lottos, and now I just buy shit off SCM for myself since it makes me happy.

Speaking of which, I just bought a new unusual for demo for myself:

It's 1:1 in the world, clean, I'm the second owner, its the best robo effect and probably won't be unboxed again, and my fav demo hat. Got it for the price of 59 keys, which seems good given all the above. I may sell it if I can get a nice profit, but honestly I wouldn't mind keeping it since I love the hat and effect and its my 2nd most played class.

EDIT: better image:

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Dec 2015 14:14

Some news and some milestones on my end.
C-Fan wrote: now I just buy shit off SCM for myself since it makes me happy.
In August I bought a sunbeams towering pillar of hats off the market for about 100 keys. It turned out to be clean, and I was only the 6th owner. I really enjoyed that hat, but when I got an offer for 150 pure this morning, I had to take it. Not sure what I'll do with my keys (have 156 total now), but feel good about that sale. The beams tower will be missed though.

I also couldn't resist buying an aussie minigun off the market. I was trying to be good and resist, but when I found a pro one with daffodil firehorns (best sheen for aussies and my fav effect), with damage dealt on it to boot, I couldn't resist. Once I bought it though, it kind of made my current minigun (Malia) redundant. Since she was nearing 25K kills, I decided to retire both her and my strange toss proof towel once they both hit 25,000. That happened today. I decided to replace the towel with a strange beard for Heavy (unshaved bear), so now its like I'm starting fresh for Heavy. While this is a little sad, it's also exciting, and I can still use Malia in MVM since she has robot kills while my aussie does not.

Here are my Heavy strange counts as of today:

:arrow: Malia: 25,000 kills, 2104 Dominations, 20,675 robots, 928 kills while ubered)- RETIRED
:arrow: Mannceaux Signature Collection Toss Proof Towel; 25,000 points, 346 taunts, 1450 fires-RETIRED
:arrow: Totally Ordinary Australium Minigun: 999 kills, 226,579 damage, 111 spies, 92 heavies
:arrow: Fashionable Unshaved Bear: 984 points, 119 assists
:arrow: Rage-inducing Natasha: 2383 kills, 365 pyros, 284 soldiers

I'll post again when I figure out what to do with my keys. Right now I have my Secret Toque for Heavy, the Roboactive Bonnet for Demo, and 156 keys. I want to hold onto the Toque, but I may use the bonnet with the keys to get something bigger. Or I may sit tight. We'll see.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 10 Dec 2015 21:20

C-Fan wrote: Not sure what I'll do with my keys (have 156 total now), but feel good about that sale. The beams tower will be missed though.
Unexpectedly quick turnaround. My plan was to collect offers on my keys for a week then go from there, but when I saw a clean time warp noble amassments, I put in an offer. Guy was asking 80, I offered 70, and he took it. I know it's "dangerous" buying unpriced hats, but I've always loved that effect, so to have it on an all-class, and only 3 exist (so less likely to have price dictated by others), so I'm glad I got it.

Here's what it looks like with fire horns:

and

Still have 86 keys, and not sure what to do with them. I'm seeing some knifestorm private eyes for sale for 70 (sure I could negotiate that down a bit), but I kinda don't like having two demoman hats. I'm going to see if I can't sell/trade the roboactive bonnet for something in the 80 key range, then I'll feel better buying the knifestorm private eye. I've always wanted that effect, so if I can get it on the multiclass hat of two of my main classes (demo and medic) that'd be sweet.

akalazou
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by akalazou » 11 Dec 2015 14:43

i know what you should do, you should buy that purple energy drill and give it to me :)
http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/27533121

i'd give you my flaming lantern drill (46 keys) in exchange, you would lose about 20 keys only and i would have my dream hat

i could add a strange pro KS whip (4.4 keys) + s pro KS quickfix (6.4 keys) + 5 keys PURE

so, you'd only lose 5 keys if you pay full price :D

i can'T think of a better idea for you :D
Julien Cote

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 14 Dec 2015 09:17

At this stage, any trading is a pain in the butt thanks to the new system. I've already had deals fall through thanks to the 3 day waiting period. It's like Steam is intentionally trying to make trading not fun, which is dumb cause that will kill their economy. :x

I'm starting to have some regret about buying the roboactive scotch bonnet. At 59 keys I don't think I overpaid for it, but since it's 1 of 1 in existence and has no price, its extremely hard to trade or sell. I really want to buy a knifestorm private eye (for demo/medic/spy), but I don't want to buy that until I move the roboactive bonnet for something else. If I can't sell/move it by Christmas, I'll probably just put it back on the Steam Market for the same price I bought it, and see if I can recoup that way.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 23 Dec 2015 21:03

C-Fan wrote: I'm starting to have some regret about buying the roboactive scotch bonnet. At 59 keys I don't think.
The good news: I moved the roboactive scotch bonnet.
The bad news: I did an absolutely batshit trade and am not sure if it was genius, or completely stupid.

I traded the roboactive bonnet plus 84 pure keys to get a duped, haunted ghosts Hat With No Name. The HWNN turned multiclass yesterday, so now the soldier, demoman, engie, and sniper can all wear it. Ghosts is one of my fav effects, and demo, engie and sniper are 3 of my fav classes, so I decided to do the trade even though the hat is duped. The way I see it, worst case scenario I'm stuck with the hat, but I like it. Its a classy base hat, looks good on all 4 classes, and I love the effect. Best case scenario, I flip the hat for a profit. We'll see what happens.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 25 Jan 2016 14:54

One month out, I think I can say the HWNN trade was a mistake. I mean, the hat looks great, but I definitely think I overpaid for it. :?

In actual game news, the Phlog was buffed and was crazy OP for a month, and then Valve realized how dumb that was and nerfed it. I picked up a strange phlog and got in about 10 days of play with it while it was crazy buffed, and that was fun. Mostly just for seeing how angry people got. I'm glad they nerfed it eventually. :lol:

A couple weeks ago I was looking at unusuals on the Steam Market, and I saw a darkblaze boxcar bomber for sale for $350. As far as I know, that's the only halloween effect boxcar bomber in existence, and it's one of the higher tier halloween effects. I was seriously tempted to buy it, but didn't want to drop that kind of money on a virtual hat. I put up some other hats on the market overnight, in the hopes I could sell enough that I could justify buying the hat at a lower price, but when I woke up 7 hours later the hat was already gone. That hat's gotta be in the 800 key range, so buying it for 146 keys could have been a fun exercise in profit.

These days I'm having the most fun re-learning Spy, trying to main Kunai-invis watch/C&D on payload defenses.
Last edited by C-Fan on 17 Feb 2016 10:32, edited 1 time in total.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 05 Feb 2016 06:28

C-Fan wrote:One month out, I think I can say the HWNN trade was a mistake. I mean, the hat looks great, but I definitely think I overpaid for it. :? .
So I basically paid 84 pure keys, plus a hat I paid 59 pure for. So 143 keys for it. Last night I sold it on the SCM for $335 USD, which is about exactly 142 keys. Feel like I've been given a do-over. Going to spend the next week looking very carefully at hats to figure out my next move. Regardless though, feels like I got a do-over, which is a great feeling.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 17 Feb 2016 21:53

Used some steam funds from the HWNN sale to buy 63 keys, on average paying about $2.31 each. Used all 63 to buy a strange knifestorm Private Eye, with Kills, Assists, and Fires survived parts. Then I put a cherry on top by buying a strange lady killer with fires and assists parts on it too. Been having a lot of fun leveling these up.

Screenshots:

Current Spy strange counts:

*Fancy Shmancy Knifestorm Private Eye 502 points (203 kills, 48 assists, 66 fires)
*Dapper Ladykiller 228 points (27 fires, 5 assists)
*Stunning Camera Beard 2830 points
*Server clearing Sapper 997 saps
*Wicked nasty Diamondback 647 kills (129 snipers)
*Gore spattered kunai- 364 kills
*Server clearing Knife 3046 kills (176 engies, 135 snipers, 57 medics)
*Rage inducing Dead Ringer- 2056 feigned deaths

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 18 Feb 2016 14:18

Is this an FPS or a headware trading game? Hard to tell reading through the last page
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC