Nick Polini: Challenge Me (MUST INCLUDE [UNS]!)

Challenge your friends to hit tricks/combos you know they can hit, even if they don't!
sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 21 Jun 2011 15:50

Yup, I meant Reverse Whirl. It's whip, right? I could be wrong. Anyways I think the links will look stylish.

fatbagger
Multidex Master

Post by fatbagger » 07 Aug 2011 18:41

Dude, lets see some dragon set surging tricks. Seems like you could do it.
I like to play.
I want to play good.
Dan Reed

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 07 Aug 2011 22:36

Tony, I'll try your link out soon.

Dan, Never tried it or even thought of it, but will give it a shot.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Aug 2011 08:29

fatbagger wrote:Dude, lets see some dragon set surging tricks. .
Jon Schneider used to do these. I remember seeing him do this at Worlds 99. But yeah, the way he'd do it was like a dragon, and then bring it behind his back a bit, and then it was like an outside pixie set. Looked real cool.

Nick: any luck with my 20 contact challenge?

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 12 Aug 2011 20:15

Thanks for the interesting history, Ken. And I started taping my runs for a little bit there, but I've been getting around 15-20 contacts in my runs now... I've been drilling a lot during my solo sessions, rather than trying to string, so I can have more solid tricks in my game so that I am able to string longer. Once I get through some more drilling, I'll be sure to film more. I constantly forget that I can do legovers and I always leave out PLO, Schmoe, Stepping op Legover, and all that other legover stuff. I'm in the process of tricking myself into being able to remember I can do them. My runs get longer when I remember I can do them.
Nick Polini

Funblog

dolercoaster
Shredaholic

Post by dolercoaster » 17 Aug 2011 06:49

hey Nick

as a felllow squeeze (pinch) enthusiast, have you ever tried squeeze>same side blender? I can get squeeze same side osis (rarely), but the whirl dex is beyond me...

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Aug 2011 11:53

Bruce! Yes! That would be so sick! I know I could get that, I don't know why I've never tried it though. I've hit Sole> ss Blender, and Knee Delay> ss Blender so this wouldn't be too far off. I'll try it soon. Thanks man.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 23 Aug 2011 03:07

DATW ending on heel
Real toe stall (all the way out on the toe, you get the idea)
Pixie Opp Inside Kick > Opp Legover in a fast motion (can also be done with flying inside kick). Looks really cool
Stallbergers can be done on other areas than the top of the foot (knee for example). Try fooling around with that.
And try fooling around with Batman:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WArUk9Fh6Yc[/youtube]And just to be an ass: 100 tiltless?

Fool around with Batman. Hehehe.

Let me know what you think of these.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 23 Aug 2011 09:48

Bruce: couldn't quite manage your's... That set is weird :\ Maybe eventually if I spend more time on pinch.

Asmus: I like the suggestions. Batman looks cool. I don't wish to fool around with him though. Cat lady on the other hand... grrrroowwllll :wink: I've hit 100 tiltless a few times. My record is 106. I'm intrigued by DATW Heel. Oh and I've done a knee stallberger and I bergered it with my forehead... Haven't tried it for a while though. I'll reply back once I try some of these. Thanks man.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 23 Aug 2011 17:04

Alpine Mobius
Moby Dick
Big Apple
Datw tongue(the shoe tongue) delay
Clipper> near flapper> near dragon> near xbody toe> walkover rpt
Tibia delay

dolercoaster
Shredaholic

Post by dolercoaster » 26 Aug 2011 13:25

if you ever manage to pinch the bag by the fabric of the bag only, that's when to go for squeeze>same side blender...or any other ridiculously hard squeeze set trick.

The thing I'm wondering about blender is if you need to separate the set and the dex or if you can make it one fluid motion. Like: do you need to lift your leg to set the bag from squeeze, then drop it a little to get it out of the way of the bag as it goes to the outside, then lift it again for the whirl dex, or can you throw the bag from the inside of your knee to the outside of your leg, without lowering the leg, and fall on the whirl dex.

Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Re: Nick Polini: Challenge Me (MUST INCLUDE [UNS]!)

Post by Ian Brill » 05 Sep 2013 08:00

Just left you some props on your recent vid. Was typing out the following when I thought I should send it here.

Do you have an approach at shuffle? I haven't played with you in a while and I can't tell where your game is at. You seem to progressively wrap your mind around each and every concept. As much as these completely unpredictable runs are refreshing and impressive, I would like very much to see you hit some endurance-based drills that focus on repetition, balance and control- sort of like the filler that you see in a lot of Density runs.

I think that your ability to hit gnarly things like swirling sets, and zooming into/out-of hard stuff would be well showcased in the middle of more conventional runs. More conventional runs that could become increasingly less-so.

For example, I would love to see you hit 30, 50 or 100 contact strings of some really beneath-you-shit, like:

• osis - ripwalk - repeat
• dimwalk - blur - repeat
• ripwalk - osis- osis - repeat
• ripwalk - stepping ss inf - repeat
• ripwalk - drifter - drifter - repeat
• dimwalk - dlo - atom - repeat
• spinning clipper - ripwalk - repeat
• gyro clipper - stepping ss inf - repeat
• gyro clipper - blur - leg beater - repeat
• spinning clipper - drifter - repeat

Things that individually you could hit in your sleep, but over time try on your patience and work on your form. I don't think it would make your game any less exciting if you schooled this kind of stuff. I think it would help you dish out longer, less predictable and tighter strings. All of this coming from someone who is just getting back into the game after a year off and whom can't speak from experience at your level, so take it with a grain of salt.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Re: Nick Polini: Challenge Me (MUST INCLUDE [UNS]!)

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 05 Sep 2013 17:08

Ian, I like your suggestion dude. I actually have been doing just that. I stopped drilling for a bit there so I could test out my work and just freestyle. Feels good, but I need to drill more. Making my next list of drills as we speak. I will probably use a few of these. Thanks man! Glad you're playing again!
Nick Polini

Funblog