LEGALIZE MARIJUANA

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!

SHOULD MARIJUANA BE LEGAL?

LEGALIZE IT!!!!!!
67%
NO MARIJUANA IS EVIL
33%

Total votes: 36

Johnny
Post Master General

Post by Johnny » 02 Feb 2003 13:55

Role Player? Anyway, sounds nice. I feel for you on your bong getting taken away from you. Even though Im more of a shroomer than anything.
Johnny Suderman

Hacky_Slacker
Fearless

Post by Hacky_Slacker » 02 Feb 2003 14:09

ohhh yeah.
just thinkin about em makes my smile, however i have done too much acid in my day (i don't anymore, mind you) but i ALWAYS see tracers, and walls breathing and stuff. just be careful.
mushies are a great thing. but i say stay the fuck away from acid.

late
ps- in am now over 80 hours in, and its not so bad!
Superprofundo on the early eve of your day!
...*sniff* ". . . I miss my cupcake!"

Dustin Camper

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 03 Feb 2003 20:21

Hacky_Slacker wrote: anyway, i went to jail in colleyville TX (it was just overnight, but still) FOR possession of paraphanelia (aka-a 2 foot, fully worked glass bong, that was used 2 times before its confenscation (she was still a baby! *sniffle* )) i paid bail (252$) and 180 days probation. but as long as i didn't get in trouble again within the 180 days in Colleyvill, itd be wiped off my record(thank god)
God I'm glad I don't live in the US!!! Bongs are sold legally in shops in Australia (I assume legally as they are on public display in large shops) and I've never heard of someone getting any more then a $50 AU fine for possession (about $30 US). The Australian customs recently discovered half a tonne of ecstasy though...

FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Post by FootbagginBum » 03 Feb 2003 21:25

send us a post right when your stoned again for the first time, I wanna see if your tolerance wears off at all in this little break.

PS: I saw your new little club with no members yet on .org. hehe.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Gandhi

Hacky_Slacker
Fearless

Post by Hacky_Slacker » 03 Feb 2003 22:01

i KNOW my tolerance will be torn down some, and also i still have some killer buds from Washington waiting for me! (can't wait) 1 hit killa (and thats when id been smoking it non stop for months!)

and with my club thing? i just had a little fiasco with it, but its straightend out now. i'll have 1 member by tomorrow.
my old club in WA (which was deleted tonight) had 10 members, making it the 2nd largest in WA, but thats all over now. it no longer matters!
thanx for noticing anyway!

im nearing the 100 hour mark! once you get past the second day, its not even an issue! those first few days are tough though. ive been really irratable latley, but thats to be expected. it'll pass in due time.

peace!

Dustin Camper

FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Post by FootbagginBum » 04 Feb 2003 19:06

any sign of returning iq? or did the tolerance let all that was salvagable come back during the years you've been smoking? You seem pretty intelligent anyway (as all responsible smokers are) but without the handicap, you have to be pretty smart.

lol, I think this is the first post I've made on this thread where I wasn't high. which is really unusual considering I don't smoke that much usually.

Hacky_Slacker
Fearless

Post by Hacky_Slacker » 04 Feb 2003 19:21

no, but im much more easily pissed off, about trivial stuff. very irratable and snappy, but as long as i realize that im getting a little pissy, i can contain it, and i say to my self, "how would i handle this if i were stoned?" and my pissyness fades away. You know those Anti-Drug commericals that are pleauging the air waves? well i wrote them a letter. wanna read it? . . . ok since you asked nicley. Here is what i send those arrogant, and not to mention ignorant, bastards. its kinda long, but i think i got my point across.
all the stuff in Quotes, i copied straight off their site.
its http://www.freevibe.com by the way, if you were wondering. so here goes.

your site if full of information that is mis-leading, and coated in propaganda BS. i hope you have time to read this. you might actually learn something usefue about pot. In this site you make several refrences to how, and i quote,
"Marijuana can cause changes to your brain and it contains the same cancer-causing chemicals as tobacco."
both true and misleading. THC (delta-9-tetrahydro cannibinol) While in your system, TEMPORARILY reconstructs the fatty tissue around your brain cells. This does indeed damage the cells but DOES NOT KILL THEM!, so when ever you hear somone saying "pot kills brain cells" this is an out right LIE! Damaged cells can repair them selves, back to natrual order, while, smoking cigerattes, and alcohol, just to name a few, KILL them. yet these are VERY much so legal. but like the effects of the drug, dissapate when usesage has stopped.
and about the same cancer causing "chemicals" as in tobacco, is again, true but misleading. Example:Coffee has well over 200 checmicals that of the 22 tested, 18 determined to cause cancer in lab animals. yet coffee is quite legal, and concidred relitivly safe.
You say that "It can also ruin your future, by getting you kicked out of school or off a sports team, or get you in trouble with the law. You call that harmless?" what the hell is that? pot has nothing to do with if you child wishes to be disobedent, and get kicked out of school. Maybe the parents should take up the responsability of raising their kids, instead of tring to push it off on something as trivial as pot.
"Marijuana affects the skills needed for safe driving: alertness, the ability to concentrate, coordination and reaction time." I disagree completly. While on pot, you CAN have a higher (no pun intended) state of consiouness. More aware of your surroundings, and situations around you. But having someone eles in the car, if your high or not, will eleavate the percentages of getting in a wreck, simply because of there being a distraction.
"A study of patients in a shock-trauma unit who had been in traffic crashes found that 15 percent of those who had been driving a car or motorcycle had been smoking marijuana, and another 17 percent had both THC (the active ingredient in marijuana) and alcohol in their blood"
but what you are neglecting to mention, that with over half of ALL accedents, alchohol is involved. so tell me how pot is more dangerous than Alcohol! How many people die each year from Alcohol poisining? Thaousands apoun thousands! Now, how many people have died from the use of Marijuana? NONE!!!, but you conviently leave such facts out of your Propaganda-esque Episiodes, saying how dangourus pot is.
I think you need to reassess the situation, and quit being selectivly blind to ALL the facts, not just the ones that make it sound bad. This website is obviously aimed toward scared parents, that are afraid their kids might be on drugs, and all your doing is feuling thir fears. in short, Making the problem Worse! And these,anti-pot commericals that are on TV are SUCH BULLSHIT!!! do you sit down in your little meetings, and try to find the most absurd and far fetched reasons pot is bad for you? it seems that way.
"Marijuana contains the same cancer-causing chemicals as tobacco-including the deadly carcinogen benzopyrene-and at higher concentrations. " again, true but misleading. theses harmful chemicals you speak of, come from the combustion of the plant, which can be avoided be methods such as Vaporizing, and Cooking with it (ingestion) but again you conviently left his part out. "Marijuana contains the same cancer-causing chemicals as tobacco-including the deadly carcinogen benzopyrene-and at higher concentrations. " only with pipes, and joints. however, Water Filtration (water pipes, Bongs etc) recude the tar but 70%! but once again, its left out in your site.
"[pot]Can impair judgment and make a person more likely to get into trouble The popular stereotype of the pot user is the "mellow" label. The facts don't support this image."
what facts? you show me a person on pot who becomes violent, or enraged! useres are 90% more likly to "let things go" such as getting irratated by some trivial encounter with what ever. They are more likly to think about whats going on, and focus their energies in a diffrent direction, often leading to the "Mellowness" you say that pot DOES NOT create, when it obiously does.
"Teens who become regular marijuana users are three times as likely to have suicidal thoughts than those who don't" and what percent of these kids were on other drugs as well? have you ever thought that it might be because of the other drugs they might be on? or is it easier just to say "its because of the pot". god this is irratating. "The Household Survey also found that teens who frequently use marijuana are almost four times as likely to commit a violent act-either against people or property-than those who don't. They're five times as likely to steal." WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THIS SHIT? sounds to me like someone has recently watched "reefer madness" because that the kind of BS they would say. It sounds to me, like your afraid of something, because you don't understand it. Have you ever tried it? Maybe then you would at least have an idea of what it is about.
"You're more likely to become addicted to marijuana than any other illicit drug. In fact, 60 percent of teenagers in drug treatment programs in the United States are there for primary marijuana addiction."
you say this, simply because pot is almost always the first drug people obtain. Thats like saying that there are more Red Cars that get into accidents on the road, when the fact is there are simply MORE red cars than any other color, It may be true, but VERY misleading, but i suppose that is the point of this whole site, isn't it?
"THC changes the way sensory information is processed by the brain. The immediate effects of smoking pot include . . . difficulty in thinking and problem-solving" Absolutly FALSE! pot users often repot "Thinking too much" and INCREACED problem sloving, although it is usally a more abstract solution.
"THC changes the way sensory information is processed by the brain. The immediate effects of smoking pot include memory problems, distorted perception, difficulty in thinking and problem-solving, loss of physical coordination, and increased heart rate and anxiety." wow, you guys really know how to lay it on thick. POT DOES NOT PROMOTE "RISKY" SEXUAL BEHAVIOUR! Thats the kind of crap that is being broadcast over the air, and is a downright LIE!
"Know the facts before you make the decision to use it."
Practice what you preach, and quit Lieng to the public! I hope to hear back from you, hacky_slacker

what do you think? Good? Bad? any points that you liked or didn't? Any parts that you agreed with or not? i saw a commericial today, and it was the last draw. I hope they write me back. assholes. :D

take care.
(see what happens when i don't get to smoke?) 8)

Dustin Camper

FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Post by FootbagginBum » 04 Feb 2003 19:31

Wow, I guess the only thing that that says for me is I need to get a bong, hehe. Very useful compilation of information, it has probably changed my veiws a bit. Thank you for sharing it with us. :)

EDIT: But, it was definatly given to the wrong audience, we are a much better one. You should find a forum about drugs that parents use, or something like that, to post this on too.

Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 04 Feb 2003 19:43

NORML did a study that says bongs aren't as healthy as everyone thinks, in fact they are supposedly not even as healthy as joints because ALSO suppoosedly they filter out more thc...(but somehow I still get way more fooked up)
this is the 44 Wand, the most powerful Handwand in the world, so did i fire 5 or 6 fireballs? now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do i feel lucky? well do ya punk.

FootbagginBum
Flower Child

Post by FootbagginBum » 04 Feb 2003 21:22

yep, that can't be true cause they work.

Hacky_Slacker
Fearless

Post by Hacky_Slacker » 05 Feb 2003 00:25

hey robo, thats wrong. bongs Do filter out toxins caused by combustion. have you ever seen dirty bong water? i guarentee it isn't THC. the dirtier the water is, the less it can filter. and the reason you get more fucked up, is cause it cool the smoke, allowing you to take HUGE rips.
Smoking a joint is NOT healithier either. but if health is an issue, than Get a VAPORIZOR, and you'll be in the celar.

peace

Dustin Camper

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 05 Feb 2003 01:23

youll be in the cellar if you smoke marijuana,
the footbag cellar that is!

bottom of the barrel!
(except for that half of BAP smokes)
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 05 Feb 2003 06:42

hacky slacker wrote:hey robo, thats wrong. bongs Do filter out toxins caused by combustion. have you ever seen dirty bong water? i guarentee it isn't THC. the dirtier the water is, the less it can filter. and the reason you get more fucked up, is cause it cool the smoke, allowing you to take HUGE rips.
Smoking a joint is NOT healithier either. but if health is an issue, than Get a VAPORIZOR, and you'll be in the celar.
I wasn't saying it was right but I wanted to bring it up and see what general opinion was. I understand the *huge rips factor* (that's the scientific name isn't it?)...but was just saying that NORML...a well respected group did a study on it, but their info didn't add up. ;) Vaporizers cost big $$...ever done buckets?
this is the 44 Wand, the most powerful Handwand in the world, so did i fire 5 or 6 fireballs? now you got to ask yourself one question pal, do i feel lucky? well do ya punk.

Hacky_Slacker
Fearless

Post by Hacky_Slacker » 05 Feb 2003 08:58

buckets as in gravitys?
and you can make a vaporizor for under 5 bucks!
with a half gallon jar, a 60w lightbulb, fixture, and some foil.
easy as pie!
stony as can be!

Loco-i understand.

Grommet-the bottom of the barrell is the best place to be! if you fall, or trip or something, you have nill space to fall, where as if your on top, the fall would be MUCH more unpleasent! besides, who want to be on top anyway? the olny place to go is down! why not start at the botom, that way you have to go up!!!

peace
130 some odd hours in.

Dustin Camper

Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 05 Feb 2003 12:29

Foil=BAD for you! That's almost as bad as when people use pop cans.

Hacky_Slacker
Fearless

Post by Hacky_Slacker » 05 Feb 2003 13:24

no DUH!!!
but you never have fire touch it!
the way its set ut, it you get a 20oz bottol cap and put foil around the inside, to make the bowl, remeove the cap, and you have something that resembes __|__|__ crude, yes, but you put that on top of the bulb, put you broken up pot in it, cover it with the jar, and turn it on.
the light will heat up the pot, but doesn't burn it. you get a mist coming off of it, so yes foil is very bad for you, but the toxins don't come out unless you burn it, with the 60 w light doesn't do that.
so there you go.
once the pot turns darb brown, turn the light off and suck in the mist. it should never smoke or turn black or charred.

late

Dustin Camper

d0tard
Shredalicious

Post by d0tard » 06 Feb 2003 18:41

you know I emailed Free vibe a lengthy letter such as yours addressing all the anti pot trivia on their site with reasonable arguments and asked that they assess my points.

I got a reply similar to this :

We appreciate the time you took to write freevibe.com, we always appreciate messages we get.

Obviously, we would never promote pot, our job is to educate kids and warn them about the negative effects of marijuana.

--
Now obviously they didn't read jack shit of my letter cuz the whole point i was getting across was how evasive their questions were, and how they were quite ambiguous. Anyway I was pretty pissed off over that. Read their true or false questions and you'll understand my meaning, maybe
Marc Legault

Hacky_Slacker
Fearless

Post by Hacky_Slacker » 06 Feb 2003 18:50

thats where i pulled most of the shit off of.
they have not replied to me though. too much profanity perhaps. . .
i too got really pisseed about the whole thing.
its nice to know others have to same idea. that makes me feel better.
i think we all should write them.

peace!
144 hours of sobrity under my belt.
how i wish to go burn one down!
but ill hold strong. i really think i got the job. and that is 12 fuckin50 an hour (part time, but with that kind of pay, it CAN be, ya know? all to act, and get searched and cuffed and stuff. i can handle it! so long as the don't probe my ass. that would NOT be cool!!)

Dustin Camper

Rob
Flower Child

Post by Rob » 06 Feb 2003 21:00

I'm sure a few people out there have heard these but...they give you something to think about-
Bill Hicks wrote:They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.
Bill Hicks wrote:Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural?

Hacky_Slacker
Fearless

Post by Hacky_Slacker » 07 Feb 2003 13:09

Robo Wrote:
>Bill Hicks wrote:
Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit... unnatural?

True fucking that man, true dat!

peace

Dustin Camper