Favorite Comedian?

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
Pyroman924
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Pyroman924 » 14 Feb 2007 12:16

Ah! Thanks Anthony. That was his name, Gabriel Iglesias. I love his stuff.
I was going to Mention Zack, but I couldn't remember how to spell his last name. I like how he just rolls with things in his standup.
Alan Underhill

http://www.myspace.com/pyroman924

"The more you drop, the better you get." -Ben Rinowski

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 16 Feb 2007 00:26

brinard wrote:george carlin wasnt funny until he started swearing. thats like the 90's at least, and he's been in comedy since the early 80s atleast.
I'll bet you don't remember life before the CD either. George Carlin has been in entertainment since the late 50's, doing comedy since the 60's, and swearing since the late 60's or early 70's in full force. He's more intelligent and funnier than all of the people mentioned so far. He will likely outlast them all in comedic history (with Seinfeld as an unfortunate staying power).

Still, my all-time favorite and by far the best comedian ever is Robin Williams. He can make dirt funny. His intelligence and quick wit make him able to pull funny out of thin air. He can do improv like no other and when he's no holds barred he'll make you laugh so hard you cry.
Old Skool

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 16 Feb 2007 00:27

brinard wrote:george carlin wasnt funny until he started swearing. thats like the 90's at least, and he's been in comedy since the early 80s atleast.
I'll bet you don't remember life before the CD either. George Carlin has been in entertainment since the late 50's, doing comedy since the 60's, and swearing since the late 60's or early 70's in full force. He's more intelligent and funnier than all of the people mentioned so far. He will likely outlast them all in comedic history (with Seinfeld as an unfortunate staying power).

Still, my all-time favorite and by far the best comedian ever is Robin Williams. He can make dirt funny. His intelligence and quick wit make him able to pull funny out of thin air. He can do improv like no other and when he's no holds barred he'll make you laugh so hard you cry.
Old Skool

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 16 Feb 2007 06:13

Splint wrote:

How in the bloody hell did I forget Robin Williams? That man is... amazing, to say the least. One of the best actors in existance, funny as hell... My all time favorite movie is Hook, which he was awesome in.

Robin Williams is teh shittzorz.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 16 Feb 2007 12:15

Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 16 Feb 2007 14:16

Mitch Hedberg. Gaffigan is pretty good too.

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 16 Feb 2007 14:16

My favs

Jim Gaffigan (everything hot pocket is gold)
My favorite jim gaffigan line is "Your in the store, buying a 24 pack of toilet paper, and someone comes up and asks "Jesus are you livin' on hot pockets or what?" "

Chappelle
Louis Black
Frank Caliendo

Ones i hate

Dane Cook - not funny
Chris Rock - Heres a summary "Nigger nigger nigger"
Carlos Mencia - Heres a summary "Spick cracker honkey chink nigger"

EDIT: i went back and read my post. I realize i put some offensive words in there. But im explaing why i HATE those comedians. If you want me to take them out just tell me, but i left them in for now.
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

Outsider
Ayatollah of Rock n' Rollah

Post by Outsider » 16 Feb 2007 14:27

Steven Wright.
"The time has come to convert the unbelievers..."

Jonathan Schneider --- sometimes showers with his Lavers on (to clean them)
The Ministry of Silly Walks
NYFA
BAP

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 16 Feb 2007 17:40

Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zjeezy
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Zjeezy » 16 Feb 2007 21:37

I like a lot of the guys who where already mentioned, Jim Gaffigan, Dane Cook, George Carlin, Mitch Hedburg, Dana Carvey.

to anyone who thinks that carlos mencia is funny what this
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1742125
zach jahner

hacksterbator
Washed-Up Child Star

Post by hacksterbator » 16 Feb 2007 22:35

oh shit yeah,
Dana carvey!

i saw one of his routines from the mid 90's and i was pissing my self laughing! pure gold!

zeke, is that an actual picture of carrot top...?
A.G.

HighDemonslayer
Egyptian Footgod

Post by HighDemonslayer » 17 Feb 2007 03:46

George Lopez
Darryl Hammond
Pablo F.
Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?

-----------------------------------
-nathan

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 17 Feb 2007 08:42

Can't say that I can think of any particularly funny American comedians, although watching American stand ups always make me think that Americans have a completely different sense of humour to the British and Australians (because when the crowd finds things hilarious, I usually don't, and when I laugh only a few people in the crowd do).

My all time favourite comedian is Ahn Do, but probably up there with him is Ricky Gervais. The Ricky Gervais stand up about politics (I think it's called "on politics") is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Dylan Moran would be my third favourite. He's performing in my home down really soon, but tickets sold out so quickly that I didn't even get a chance to consider going.

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 17 Feb 2007 12:26

My god... The only thing Dave Chapelle has ever done that's funny is the "black baby selling weed on teh corner" joke when he's in the limo... Other than that one joke... He's just flat out stupid. I must say it.

But I also forgot about Patton Oswald (Spelling?)

And of course John Heffron.

smokefree
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by smokefree » 17 Feb 2007 13:43

Switch Kicker wrote:My god... The only thing Dave Chapelle has ever done that's funny is the "black baby selling weed on teh corner" joke when he's in the limo... Other than that one joke... He's just flat out stupid. I must say it.

But I also forgot about Patton Oswald (Spelling?)

And of course John Heffron.
Odweeds was funny as shit. So was that black racist skit.

Patton is funny. Anyone remember him on that comedy central show with colin quinn? Most of the comedians on that show were pretty funny, they just sat around and talked about shit.
Anthony

MONKEY CLAW!

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 17 Feb 2007 13:59

here are some dave chappelle skits i bet you laughed at switch kicker

Rick James & Charlie Murphy
Prince & Charlie Murphy
The Black White Supremacist (clayton bigsby)
Wayne Brady
The Mad Real World
Racial Draft

those are just a few. Have you never laughed at any of those? i know i have almost cried the first time i saw all of them i was laughing so hard.

Unity!
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

smokefree
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by smokefree » 17 Feb 2007 16:14

I forgot about the wayne brady skit, that was hilarious.
Anthony

MONKEY CLAW!

Switch Kicker
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Switch Kicker » 17 Feb 2007 20:16

HG wrote:here are some dave chappelle skits i bet you laughed at switch kicker

Rick James & Charlie Murphy
Prince & Charlie Murphy
The Black White Supremacist (clayton bigsby)
Wayne Brady
The Mad Real World
Racial Draft

those are just a few. Have you never laughed at any of those? i know i have almost cried the first time i saw all of them i was laughing so hard.

Unity!
Ok, let me rephrase. I got a few chuckles out of Chappelle, but only that one baby joke was a gut buster. I did not laugh at Wayne Brady or teh Racial Draft as a matter of fact.

the Executioner
BSOS Beast

Post by the Executioner » 17 Feb 2007 22:29

Kevin Federline
Eddie Murphy (Delerious and Raw)
Robin Williams
George Carlin
Steven Wright
Steve Martin
Richard Pryor
The Amazing Johnathan
Scott Meltzer
Raspyni Brothers
Will Ferrel
Cheech and Chong

In the 80's I saw Eddie Murphy, Steven Wright and George Carlin live stand up.
Peter Irish

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 18 Feb 2007 00:29

Dave Chappelle-On top, by far. Yeah he quit. But THIS is where he was when he left off, on top of the game.
Will Farrel-Yes
Ben Stiller AKA Zoolander-Magnum. Yes, this guy taught you how to be cool.
Owen/brother Luke Wilson-Yes, in a way
Jim Carrey-without a doubt, ever. Even if he rolled around in cow patties for like a long time, he would be the funniest and wittiest comedian/actor ever to grace the screen.
Dane Cook-decent
Gaffagen-okay
Attel-decent

Conan, Letterman, Leno-here are the late night guys. Obviously Conan will always hold this.

Oops, almost forgot my faves of tha old school:

Bill Murray <--By far one of the funniest and underrated comedians ever.
Steve Martin
Chevy Chase
JOHN CANDY <Huge> :)
Conan, Letterman, Leno - Sorry, as much as you guys probably want your own stage; hells now. This is your place.

New School
Chris Parnel
Adam Sandberg
Justin Timberlake (Yes, DIAB it's worth acknowledging since we all know what's up)
Tia Fey? Mean Girls, fine an 'honorable' mention.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller