Home Brewski

Kick back and relax. Anything that does not have to do with footbag goes here!
crazylegs32
Egyptian Footgod

Post by crazylegs32 » 22 Feb 2010 23:58

I think the traditional styles from europe are kinda difficult to brew. If you make a polish/baltic porter that passes muster bring it to nyj though.
You have to get everything right for traditional styles to come out great.
Ive been wanting to homebrew for a long time. I check craigslist every once in awhile looking for a complete kit. If I brew im gonna throw in about a pound of hops so that may cover up my mistakes.

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 26 Feb 2010 13:48

My first batch is in the fermenter now I'm going to bottle it in a couple of days. I watched a lot of videos on youtube and there are a lot of different ways to go about it. I followed the simplest method i could find that seemed like it would produce a good batch of beer. Start with extract brewing, don't try to make your own mash or extract the fist time. All grain requires much more equipment and time, there are a lot of things that could go wrong.

I followed these videos and got the IPA recipe kit from them. If you have a local brew shop I suggest getting the ingredients from there to save on shipping.

http://www.homebrewers.com/category/aatdvarks.videos/

I didn't follow my own advice and had to pay for shipping, not cheap. I'll post a pic of my beer when its done.
Drew Martin

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 21 Jun 2012 14:46

Am I the only homebrewer on the forums anymore?

Where you at Drew?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qec8hPzqHBk[/youtube]
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

Bigfoot_bag
Shredaholic

Post by Bigfoot_bag » 03 Jul 2012 00:50

the people has a lot of free time XD

Max Power
Fearless

Post by Max Power » 05 Jul 2012 16:24

I'm still here I just haven't brewed since april and I don't see it happening in the near future. I've seen stuff in you blog looks like good stuff. I'm not as crazy into it as I used to be mostly because it takes like a whole day to do.
Drew Martin