Online Shred30 Ranking

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

james_dean
space cowboy

Online Shred30 Ranking

Post by james_dean » 23 Jul 2006 19:59

Welcome to Modified's online shred30 ranking!

Email your shred30's to footbagonline@gmail.com and post here to let me know the entry is in. I will link to it, transcribe and score it, get someone else to double check it then rank and link it here.

Multiple entries are allowed.

Please no entries filmed at competitions, thankyou.

There will be two divisions, intermediate and open.
- Intermediate will be scored starting from 2 add moves, as opposed to 3 add moves.
- Open will be scored as usual, and if you can hit 15-20 contacts guiltless you should be entering open. In any case, we will judge the merits of each shred30 we receive.

- Your final score will be calculated using the formula adds + uniques * (adds/contacts)

- Time will start from the first move or attempted move valued 2 adds or more (for intermediates) or 3 adds or more (for open).

- Any moves starting after 30 seconds has passed will not be counted.

- Drops and handcatches are considered contacts.

- A unique move is any move with a unique jobs notation equal to or above the minimum add value (2 for intermediate, 3 for open). Setting surface does not change the uniqueness of a move unless it causes a change in add value. Note: This does not apply to moves with a set! So Dimwalk, Ripwalk and Tripwalk are unique. Similarly Tapdown and paradon are unique.

- Paradon, Barfly, Double over Down and Down double Down will not be considered unique.

- x-dex will be counted. X-dex involves completing two or more full dexterities in the one move. Each full dexterity after the first will receive an additional [bod] add. A full dexterity must cross the plane of the bag twice (in front and behind). Therefore ATW would not be considered a full dexterity, as it finishes on the second plane but does not cross it. Mirage, however, crosses the plane twice and is considered a full dexterity. Note that each dexterity must be full. So Stepping Whirl does not get x-dex although the bag crosses the plane 4 times. Once on the step, and three times on the whirl. It must have at least two separate full dexes.

- X-spin will be counted. X-spin involves at least two full spins. Each full spin after the first will receive an additional [bod] add. Note that gyro is not a full spin.

This is a great opportunity to stretch yourself and practice competing, so get filming!
Last edited by james_dean on 25 Jul 2006 17:47, edited 1 time in total.

"It's a punk one!" - Auntie Val, after being shown a spikey footbag

Bloggy

Challenge

Kljopa
Post Master General

Post by Kljopa » 23 Jul 2006 21:56

Great idea :)
I thibk ill enter when i get a camera and that should be pretty soon.

BalinorNZ
Post Master General

Post by BalinorNZ » 24 Jul 2006 14:26

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome! Thanks for putting this together dude :) I'm gonna film my entry asap!

zach4th
Fearless

Post by zach4th » 24 Jul 2006 16:25

im in, i just bought a vid camera today!!
Zach Forth

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 24 Jul 2006 18:11

Tis nice to do something for Nic for once, instead of the other way around :) Planning mine now :twisted:

I'm keen to see what kind of insane scores the better players can produce :D

Bloggy

Challenge

shredzilla
Post Master General

Re: Online Shred30 Ranking

Post by shredzilla » 24 Jul 2006 19:45

james_dean wrote: - Drops and handcatches are considered contacts.
Edit: Weird, being an unexperienced tournament competitor, I didn't know that drops and handcatches counted as contacts.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 24 Jul 2006 20:49

shredzilla wrote:
james_dean wrote: - Drops and handcatches are considered contacts.
Edit: Weird, being an unexperienced tournament competitor, I didn't know that drops and handcatches counted as contacts.
Yeah. That's why drops are bad, other than wasting add-hunting time they actually reduce your score.

Bloggy

Challenge

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 25 Jul 2006 01:32

yeah they're zero add contacts
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

sampotter
the boy who lived

Post by sampotter » 25 Jul 2006 10:54

james_dean wrote:- A unique move is any move with a unique jobs notation equal to or above the minimum add value (2 for intermediate, 3 for open). Setting surface does not change the uniqueness of a move unless it causes a change in add value.
My heart goes out to everyone who likes to throw quantum. :( Sorry Mr. Seigert, looks like this shred 30 is skewed against you.

HG
^^^^^pwn3d

Post by HG » 25 Jul 2006 13:43

so dimwalk = tripwalk

smear = toe blur?

What about x dex? is that included
JSACK wrote:alright well me and obara'bars, shredded our dicks off, since we are both in high school, obviously there is some sort of talent show

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 25 Jul 2006 14:56

I'm pretty sure the rules that JD has outlined are the same ones as IFPA, and that Sam and Hen are misinterpreting them. Setting surface doesn't change the add value, ie. clipper set mirage is the same add count as toe set mirage. It has nothing to do with quantum or anything else. At least that's my take.

If he's not using IFPA, I strongly suggest IFPA's scoring method be used. These aren't official, but in order for them to be a realistic online representation of the ultimate Shred 30, they need to have the exact same rules IMO.
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 25 Jul 2006 17:01

shredzilla wrote:I'm pretty sure the rules that JD has outlined are the same ones as IFPA, and that Sam and Hen are misinterpreting them. Setting surface doesn't change the add value, ie. clipper set mirage is the same add count as toe set mirage. It has nothing to do with quantum or anything else. At least that's my take.

If he's not using IFPA, I strongly suggest IFPA's scoring method be used. These aren't official, but in order for them to be a realistic online representation of the ultimate Shred 30, they need to have the exact same rules IMO.
IFPA ruling on uniques wrote:Unique Move: For the purpose of Composition Judging, a unique move is any move containing an add value whose add components are different from any other move done in that performance. Spin directions and leg direction in dexterity moves are considered different; each side of the body is considered different; moves coming from a different set are not unique unless that set forces another add component (i.e. body, in the case of "paradox" moves) to be added.

I'm fairly sure no competition has used IFPA rules for a long time, but I couldn't find the ruling on uniques on this years worlds website.

But I just looked and found last years website, and it has more detailed written rules. The first post is now updated with regards to uniques and x-dex.

I think we should use x-dex. If there is enough objection I will change this though.

edit: oh yeah I put x-spin in also. Again, if enough people disagree I'll take it out.

Bloggy

Challenge

Senor Grommet
Post Master General

Post by Senor Grommet » 26 Jul 2006 21:43

x spin is not 2 full spins.

inspinning op counts as x spin as far as I know. Anyone care to chime in?
Last edited by Senor Grommet on 26 Jul 2006 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
My name: Jeremy Mirken, AKA Chocolatey Shatner, AKA jerk enemy rim.

I kick it with trunk chef elf and liz luck key my.

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 26 Jul 2006 21:47

Oops. Although I do think I remember reading somewhere an idea that the "in" of "in-spin" be worth an add. Thx for that... yeah if anyone has a clear idea of x-spin that would be appreciated :)

Same for x-dex. I compiled that definition based on forum threads and discussion and my own ideas on what it is... if anyone has a clearer idea that would be great (although I am satisfied with what I wrote).

Bloggy

Challenge

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 27 Jul 2006 19:28

james_dean wrote: I'm fairly sure no competition has used IFPA rules for a long time, but I couldn't find the ruling on uniques on this years worlds website.
No the IFPA rules are fairly recent. 2004 off the top of my head but I would have to check to confirm that with you and I'm too lazy for that shit.

There is definitely some ambiguity regarding what constitutes a unique but in every application of those rules that I know of uptime sets have been considered unique (so stepping butterfly, quantum butterfly and pixie butterfly are all different moves). It would be better to interpret the rules the way everybody else has than to try and come up with our own interpretation.

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 06 Nov 2006 22:52

Hi, I'm still a novice player, but would like to try the experience, is there any development in it? Cause I see there is no message in a long time. If you still want this to happen you should put a date limit to send the video for the competition, I would thought has something in 2 months, something like middle january will be good. It's only a suggestion, would like any news on this !

james_dean
space cowboy

Post by james_dean » 07 Nov 2006 23:52

Hey there. There is no date on the comp because it's an ongoing ranking. Unfortunately no one, including myself, has entered :oops: I keep meaning to... really should do that. Anytime you want to send an entry in would be great :) I might try to get something on film this weekend.

Bloggy

Challenge

BenRea
modiphile

Post by BenRea » 08 Nov 2006 12:14

i want to do it too. its not going to be anything special and i promise there will be drops...but i suppose i could still do one. :D it sounds fun because iv'e always wanted to know what my shred 30 scores would be, i think its a great way to improve.
Ben Rea

MatS21
BSOS Beast

Post by MatS21 » 09 Nov 2006 06:26

Ok, that's fine, I won't post mine now cause I still have to work on lot of stuff before I can do a decent Shred 30, so I'll wait to post the best I can do :wink: I'll keep aware of the new development and will post one when I'll see that it's starting up.

JohnMacCormack
Hack Fiend

Post by JohnMacCormack » 03 May 2008 23:02

james_dean wrote: - A unique move is any move with a unique jobs notation equal to or above the minimum add value (2 for intermediate, 3 for open). Setting surface does not change the uniqueness of a move unless it causes a change in add value. Note: This does not apply to moves with a set! So Dimwalk, Ripwalk and Tripwalk are unique. Similarly Tapdown and paradon are unique.

- Paradon, Barfly, Double over Down and Down double Down will not be considered unique.
I'm still confused on what is actually considered unique.
"It's called Footbag"