Shred Global contest #3 (ends June 1st)

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Shred Global contest #3 (ends June 1st)

Post by C-Fan » 25 Oct 2010 20:21

In light of Damon's recent, inexplicable, hateful and particularly nasty insulting of me on the forums, I think the solution is clear. Damon and I need to do a video hackoff of at least one footbag challenge. Nasty shit-talking is bad for the forums and the community, and enough damage has been done. I feel the most entertaining and fair way for two footbaggers to settle things, is for them to have a video hackoff.

See Double Elimi Nathan for an example:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IetPDRswEDU[/youtube]

So without further ado, I am officially challenging Damon to a video hackoff, that will include any combination of the following events (all on video):

1. Consecutive osis contest.
2. Consecutive gyro clipper contest.
3. Best spinning gyro clipper
4. Consecutive spinning osis contest.
5. Best trick.
6. Best routine at NYJ.
7. Best sick 3
8. Best blog post article for EC Kick.
9. Best overall shred video of yourself.

Damon: For the entertainment of the forums, I think it would be best if we did all 9 elements (plus any other footbag-related ones you suggest that are related to our "feud"), and then determined the winner based on who wins the most events.

I know you have a camera and can make videos, so it's really a question of "put up or shut up." On that note, let's add some stakes: whoever loses the contest stays off modified for 3 months.

Frankly, you insulting me on the forums has only limited entertainment value. I am confident that a series of video contests between us would be way more entertaining and productive for the forums.

How do you want to go about doing this? I'm willing to be flexible with the events, the formats, and the stakes. But I honestly think this would be the most fun and entertaining way to settle our differences.

Are you game? Or can I expect another lame troll excuse of a response?

The bag is on your foot. Let's do this, and make something good come out of this lame situation.
Last edited by C-Fan on 26 Jul 2011 13:01, edited 5 times in total.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 25 Oct 2010 20:28

If anybody wants to see this happen, post here and let Damon know. I think this could be very fun and entertaining for everybody, and a lot more positive than flaming. If you want to see this happen modified, let us know.

zeroman13
Post Master General

Post by zeroman13 » 25 Oct 2010 20:37

This sounds like a great plan to me! I want to see it happen!
Wasabi wrote:Footbag is not materialistic; it's about challenging yourself and having fun at the same time.
Josh M.
My Website
Pm me for details about Munster Bags!

Ian Brill
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Ian Brill » 25 Oct 2010 20:49

Best solution to online drama contest: so far I got to go with Ken. Damon, man- what can you bring to the plate?

This is such a constructive way of settling an online feud. I seriously hope this comes to fruition. Regardless, let's keep this fight clean!

Also, bare in mind, we are all too old to be stirring shit on a forum.

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 25 Oct 2010 20:59

you guys are silly, and this would do nothing. i really like all those challenges though, i want to do them!!!
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 25 Oct 2010 21:40

I support anything that leads to two more posts on EC Kick. :)

max
Australofrenchbrityorkus

Post by max » 26 Oct 2010 00:26

You'd better start schooling those paradon rakes Ken.
Maxime Boucoiran
French ConneXion
BFC

Laroche
Footbagger.

Post by Laroche » 26 Oct 2010 03:40

max wrote:You'd better start schooling those paradon rakes Ken.
:lol:
Nicholas Laroche

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 26 Oct 2010 03:50

I would settle this with a wrestle match. But that's just me.

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 26 Oct 2010 05:03

[Mod edit: removed off-topic personal attack portion of post and left only the following portions relevant to the discussion of the proposed competition. Frank_S]

The move in question is osis. Not big 3s and shit. If you want to battle here is the format:

30 osis non carried in Nucleus shoes brand new out the box. Put your form where you mouth is!
Go out and shred already.
~Damon Mathews

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 26 Oct 2010 05:39

[Mod edit: this post has been heavily edited to keep it focused on the proposed competition and remove personal attacks and inflammatory comments. This does not confer "official" endorsement on point 4 below. Frank_S]

brianbear wrote:you guys are silly, and this would do nothing.
Of course we are silly. Did you see the video I posted? Silly video hackoffs are THE best way to resolve modified disputes.
FlexThis wrote:30 osis non carried in Nucleus shoes brand new out the box.
I know you make a living on making outrageous challenges, thinking nobody will call you out on them. This time you're wrong. Here's the deal:

1. Once I buy a pair of nucleus, we set a deadline.
2. Whoever films themself hitting more consecutive osis wearing nucleus during that time, wins.
3. The loser is banned from modified for 6 months.
4. Modified admins will enforce the ban, by blocking your account.

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 26 Oct 2010 06:10

Look Ken, I am in no shape for any of that stuff. You win on all of that stuff!

My personal beef with you is that you propagate bad form and then talk from the 'we' person. Speak for yourself and I'll respect you.

I was not calling you gay. I think the idea of a hack off and calling it a hack off is very zohan. It's just a dumb thing to call it. Head to head shred sounds a little better, let's add that to the DS ;) And I am always down for some MMA style fun, if you like that sorta thing. No threats, it's a sport too!

I think it's great that at your age you still want to compete. I do not want to compete. I have no doubt you can hit more of just about anything than me. My challenge to you is to take it back to basics and show your best 30 osis with what you believe to be proper form. I will do the same. I pick Nucleus because they REQUIRE proper form out of the box. They will not let you slop anything, you will drop if you try.

I don't agree to your terms. You are not modified, therefore it is not yours or mine to gamble. You can't silence me, so deal!!!

Like I said 30 proper osis. The community decides, winner gets crowned osis king. That's all I'll agree to. Unless??? You are willing to wear 40 extra pounds worth of weights while you perform all that stuff. That would shut me up for 6 months lol otherwise I really can't hang with all that and I admit that. I just want you to admit your form is off.
~Damon Mathews

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 26 Oct 2010 08:09

[Mod edit: removed inflammatory remarks that did not advance proposed competition. Frank_S]

In your own words:
FlexThis wrote:Like I said 30 proper osis. The community decides, winner gets crowned osis king. .
I'm game. Let's do this and have it count for something. Loser banned from modified for 6 months. I am accepting your challenge (a challenge you proposed). Will you accept your own challenge? Or did you not expect me to call your bluff?

If you can't even do this, then you should stop talking shit on anybody else.

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 26 Oct 2010 08:14

No bans. That's dumb. You just want power and you are tripping dude!

I challenged :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: you in Nucleus!

30 Osis, proper form, no carries.

That's it! Bring it! I got a fresh white pair in my room. 2 for 1 sale, whatcha waiting for.

BTW - stop feeling so threatened, you got skills, go on brush your shoulders off.
~Damon Mathews

Tsiangkun
Post Master General

Post by Tsiangkun » 26 Oct 2010 08:18

ooooooooooo, there is gonna be a dance^H^H^H^H^H Hack Off !

THIRTY OSIS THROW DOWN !

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 26 Oct 2010 08:32

HYPE HYPE HYPE

OK Ken! I will make this easy for you. I will do my BEST to film 30 consecutive Osis in BRAND NEW NUCLEUS shoes tonight after work.

You will have between then and the time you receive your Nucleus to study my crap form and improve upon your own to beat me.

Rules:
1.) Must be brand new nucleus out of the box
2.) Must be 30 complete Osis with no drops.
3.) Form is decided by anyone who cares to cast an opinion.
4.) Winner gets bragging rights and ownership of the forums for 6 months.

That means if you win and I make a post in a thread and you make a post in a thread, I will graciously bow out. IP bans are dumb, I work on several machines and can make a new account at anytime. So it's fruitless to even go that route. I will self regulate, it's not difficult to do, I already do it for MC cause I like the guy but don't want to push his buttons so I lay off.

Deal? The sooner the better really. I don't want to keep pushing your buttons either.

edit: stick and stones dude!
~Damon Mathews

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 26 Oct 2010 08:39

Loser makes no posts at all on Modified for 6 months. If you don't agree to this, then it's clear you aren't serious. 6 months, no Modified. Those are the stakes.

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 26 Oct 2010 08:41

[Mod edit to remove personal attack. Frank_S]

Fine Ken!

6 months - no ban, but no posts either.

<<<<<<Computer>>>>>>><<<<<<handshake>>>>>>>
~Damon Mathews

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 26 Oct 2010 08:52

OK, let's set the terms of this then, and make it official.

1. Ken will order a pair of nucleus. When they arrive, Ken and Damon will set a deadline for posting their videos.
2. Ken and Damon will make a thread where they each post their video.

-Each player will hit 30 consecutive osis, in unmodded nucleus shoes.
-To prove they are unmodded, right after the 30th osis each player will show on camera their shoes aren't modded. This will be one continuous take, to prevent editing shenanigans.
-A voting period of 3 days will commence after both videos are posted. Votes will be made by people posting in the thread, in order to ensure votes are tied to real modified members, and not anonymous guests. Voters must have been members of modified as of 10/25/2010.

3. The loser of this competition will not make any posts on modifed for 6 months. If the loser breaks this promise, they will be banned for one year.

If you agree to these terms, I'll go ahead and buy the shoes. I'm willing to spend money on shoes I don't need, just to get rid of you for 6 months. If I'm going to do this though, I need to make sure you'll actually stay off modifed for 6 months.

Agree to these terms, and it's on.

FlexThis
Post Master General

Post by FlexThis » 26 Oct 2010 08:57

[Mod Edit: Removed personal attack and left parts of post that relate to proposed competition. Frank_S]

You keep changing the rules. We get it. Spare us your official shenanigans.

I will post mine tonight. I don't care for all the formalities.

It will be posted here in this thread for all to see and judge.

That's it! None of this added 1 year BS.

That's all I got to offer you - I don't compete, so I really don't care for all the formal crap.

You said put up or shut up right? That's what I'll do. You can do whatever you want, it's a free country.
~Damon Mathews