1st Quarter Online Comps 2011 Official Release!

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

TheLast
Fearless

1st Quarter Online Comps 2011 Official Release!

Post by TheLast » 10 Apr 2011 18:15

1st quarter Modified Online Competitions 2011 Official Release!

Posted below are links to the video for each competition, each contains all the video entrys to that competition.

I encourage everybody to post in this thread with your predictions on how the ranking will go, and feedback on everybody's entrys. The players enter these competitons so they can find out what you think! Please let us know. Feedback on the editing, since these comps arent about being a great editor, if you have problems with my editing please don't pm me.

Open and Novice Sick 1

Open and Novice Sick 3

Last edited by TheLast on 11 Apr 2011 15:14, edited 2 times in total.
Paulo Castro

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 10 Apr 2011 19:20

Mine wasn't in there :(
Cory Allen
My Footblog

TheLast
Fearless

Post by TheLast » 10 Apr 2011 19:36

ohhh fuck damn i forgot about yours, well i will at yours tomorrow

edit: Hey cory i didnt get any sick1 from you only sick3 are you sure you sent a sick1?
Paulo Castro

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 10 Apr 2011 20:04

eh, whats the point of sending you what the name of the trick is, if you just change it yourself anyway? Pixie motion is a lot easier that pixie muted atomic ss dyno which is what i did, not motion. and also why did you mix in the open and the novice? Its basically just an open competition now with a lot of novices in it. and Ken did a whirlygig swirl not a ps whirling swirl, I get you dont want to do it anymore, but atleast go out with a bang and do it right man!

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 11 Apr 2011 08:51

^ Since we have to find our own judges then here are some ideas

1. find judges
2. let the competitors judge (possible poll)
3. let modified judge (as a poll)

any ideas guys?
SHRED HARD!

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 11 Apr 2011 08:54

I am willing to judge. I have judging experience from tournaments.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 11 Apr 2011 08:56

sweet.....
SHRED HARD!

TheLast
Fearless

Post by TheLast » 11 Apr 2011 11:38

Sick 3 video will be up in a couple of hours
Last edited by TheLast on 11 Apr 2011 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
Paulo Castro

TheLast
Fearless

Post by TheLast » 11 Apr 2011 11:54

Zeb Jackson wrote:eh, whats the point of sending you what the name of the trick is, if you just change it yourself anyway? Pixie motion is a lot easier that pixie muted atomic ss dyno which is what i did, not motion. and also why did you mix in the open and the novice? Its basically just an open competition now with a lot of novices in it. and Ken did a whirlygig swirl not a ps whirling swirl, I get you dont want to do it anymore, but atleast go out with a bang and do it right man!
you just relax man, my bad about ken's trick.. and well about your trick i dont think thats it a pixie muted atomic ss dyno, maybe a pixie muted motion, whatever that is up to judges to decide.

I mix the videos because i dont have enough time to edit four videos, and if you think you can "do it right" do it yourself
Feedback on the editing, since these comps arent about being a great editor, if you have problems with my editing please don't pm me.
i will change this to: do not say a word.

I did a mistake in ken's tricks name and yours ok. Whatever i dont care if you dont like my edition. i'm taking part of my time to do this so if you dont like it, well thats too bad.
Paulo Castro

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 11 Apr 2011 13:07

I sent my entries to footbagonline@gmail.com march 24th with the subject as "March Online Comp" from corbin.allen@inbox.com.

Well i think the video was made super nicely if I may add that.

Kind of is a big deal though to not have placements and put the judging on us even if the judging may have been wrong. I don't mind the mixing of novice/open but whatever... Sort of disappointing as a whole probably for everyone who competed..
Cory Allen
My Footblog

TheLast
Fearless

Post by TheLast » 11 Apr 2011 13:11

Cory my bad about judgind, is just that i dont have time but i think the best way to decide it is a modified pool, and please send my your sick 1 again i will be fixing the details of the video and will add yours. send it to Footbagonline@gmail.com and to pccl_lobo_905@hotmail.com just to be sure.

and well in a few minutes i will make a list of who are in novice and who are in open
Paulo Castro

Empty
Shredaholic

Post by Empty » 11 Apr 2011 13:26

@Zeb

I'm not sure about your trick as well.
Atomic dex should be done uptime just like pixie, here it's more midtime.
I would call this one pixie ocean ( pixie paradon osis), not saling ss muted dyno, but it is kinda mix between those two moves.
Atomic dex really doesn't look like atomic dex here.

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 11 Apr 2011 14:12

im going to film both tricks, pixie motion and that trick and you will see a clear difference, when i atomic it is uptime (although low). Seriously Paulo you should have respect for yourself when editing these videos because they also play to your ability to edit, and from one editor to another i think you didnt do a very good job imo. I guess im going to have to be the black sheep here and actually say what everyone is thinking, and that you seriously slacked on these comps sorry

TheLast
Fearless

Post by TheLast » 11 Apr 2011 14:16

respect for myself? I dont have time Zeb, i dont have time to do my best on this videos, i'm busy with college damn, stop complaining and do something about it like runing the fucking online comp the next time damn it.
Paulo Castro

Corey
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by Corey » 11 Apr 2011 14:32

The video was fine.

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 11 Apr 2011 14:40

i did before you did, or else i wouldnt be saying anything at all. I ran the comps for over a year. Check out my .org profile if you dont believe me, in fact most of the things you are copying and pasting in the initial post of these threads is stuff that either I, or Nick bathgate wrote a LONG time ago.

also here is the clear cut differences between the two tricks, and for the sake of saving this thread from becoming a flame war this will be my last post, if you want to continue this please send me a pm ;)

edit: yes i am aware that i said the name of the second trick incorrectly, i meant to say pixie muted atomic ss dyno no pixie atomic muted ss dyno

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpGsMoK6rdA[/youtube]

TheLast
Fearless

Post by TheLast » 11 Apr 2011 14:55

Zeb Jackson wrote:i did before you did, or else i wouldnt be saying anything at all. I ran the comps for over a year. Check out my .org profile if you dont believe me, in fact most of the things you are copying and pasting in the initial post of these threads is stuff that either I, or Nick bathgate wrote a LONG time ago.

I know that, i mean now, if you have so much problems with this , then you do it :wink:
Paulo Castro

Swizzle
BSOS Beast

Post by Swizzle » 11 Apr 2011 14:55

It doesn't matter anymore i will upload the Video to youtube myself just for fun, I suppose you could count my entry in if you guys decide to judge if you want to or not. Honestly i'm busy with school too right now so i don't want to bother sending it right away.

And this could be considered worse than a flame war. Anyone seen the episode of the office where Michael told a group of 3rd graders that he will pay for all of their college tuition if they decide to go, and ended up not having the money to do so..? He had to tell all of those grown up kids (now seniors) that he couldn't actually do that.. This is almost the same. :wink: Just on an extremely less severe level :P

Nahh but i'm glad i saw a lot of people i didn't know participate, I just hope the next one ends up better :!:
Cory Allen
My Footblog

TheLast
Fearless

Post by TheLast » 11 Apr 2011 15:13

sick 3 video posted
Paulo Castro

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 11 Apr 2011 16:50

Can we get a YT link for these? Thank you to everybody for entering, and to Paulo for making this happen.