DEX HUNT AND ADD HUNT VIDEO UP!!!!!!!

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

DEX HUNT AND ADD HUNT VIDEO UP!!!!!!!

Post by Jazzkid » 25 Oct 2011 09:42

http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=22731

1st prize for each event is $100
2nd place prize -Jeremy Mellor Footbag (picture below)

EVENT ONE---4 trick ADD HUNT-
--- There must be a minimum total of 20 adds in the 4 trick combo to enter.
--Each trick MUST be unique.
--can be started from a hand drop or use a set up trick to start
--can end on a hand catch or be sealed with a trick, stall, or kick

MOST ADDS WINS ! In the event of a tie ....difficulty of tricks, execution, and links will be considered.

EVENT TWO---10 trick DEX HUNT
--There must be a minimum of 30 dexes in the 10 trick combo to enter.
--10 uniques should be the goal but repeating a trick is allowed once per side...so .....4 of the same trick (2 on each side ) would still qualify.
---combo can be started from a hand drop or a set up trick
---combo can end on a hand catch or be sealed with a trick, stall, or kick

MOST DEXES WINS ! in the event of a tie .....difficulty of tricks, links, and execution will be considered.

-competitors may enter either events or both events. Each will have a separate winner....unless one person wins both.

I ask any player who is excited about this to donate money as prize money to the winning entries. Even $1 will make the prize money more. I will continue to ask for sponsors for these events. I will not make any money on this comp...ALL donations will go to the two winners. To make a donation please pm me.

I have sent invitations to some of the best players in the world to participate in these events, and many have responded. I am super excited about this competition and am looking forward to seeing the entries.

Competitors must put there entries on camera and send them to me at markmonistere@hotmail.com

if I need a different format than you send I will contact you and ask for it. When I receive entries I will pm you and tell you I received it. Players must edit the footage to begin at the start of their combo and end at the end.....give me what you want to be on the final video....you do not however need to slow mo them... send me two seperate videos and title the email either add hunt or dex hunt. Include your name and combo. Also.....if you send me a video and decide that you think you can do better ....you can submit a second video to me and let me know which one to want to enter ....it could be great to have multiple entries to put on a separate video.

ALL VIDEOS MUST BE SENT TO ME BY NOVEMBER 30....
you have one month.

The first submissions were ....

Ken S. (ADD HUNT ENTRY)
Anz (DEX HUNT ENTRY)

I will not continue the list ....surprise only
Sponsors
Mark Monistere
Shred Global
Maxime Boucoiran
Jeremy Mellor

THE EVENT BEGINS NOW!!! GO FOOTBAG! :footbag:

[img][img]http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k55 ... 0494-1.jpg[/img][/img]

My daughter Madeline modeling the second place prizes.
Last edited by Jazzkid on 08 Dec 2011 20:47, edited 32 times in total.

Empty
Shredaholic

Post by Empty » 25 Oct 2011 10:25

I'm in!
Looking forward to see if Anssi can make sick 10 with more than 30 dexes :lol:

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Re: Who interested in a comp..$ to the winner

Post by C-Fan » 25 Oct 2011 10:34

Jazzkid wrote:possible choices
sick 4 - most adds wins.
sick 4 - most dexes wins.
sick 10- most adds wins
sick 10 - most dexes wins

thoughts....?
My thoughts:

1. You'd need to clearly define how you are counting adds. Will there be x-dex? X-spin? Are people clear on what those include? For example: some people give double spinning osis x-spin, but not to double peeking. Another example: most people don't award butterfly a symp add (e.g. the one in dada curve). But the same people then give superfly a symp add. This is inconsistent.

2. For the dex contests, you'd probably need two anal judges to pass judgment on certain types of dexes. Obvious example would be double downs at the end of hard tricks. More grey area would be stuff like fairy and swirling sets, both which are easy to do thin. Shooting sets can vary between 0-2 dexes (I've seen clean shoots with two dexes, but usually there's nothing uptime afterwards. I've also seen them with both dexes pulled. Also seen them where its like 1.5 clean dexes). When you start dealing with long combos like 10 contacts, it'll be easy for a few dexes to be thin. How will that be dealt with?

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 25 Oct 2011 11:06

I like the idea, Mark. Ken brings up some good points though. Once you figure that stuff out, I think it would be a fun way for, not just the top players, but for all players to push themselves.

I would definitely be interested in participating.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 25 Oct 2011 14:01

It might be interesting to have a contest that awards LOWEST adds (not overall (obviously toe stall wouldn't beat montage), but in the context of the subjective difficulty of player submissions). I'm not sure how you would judge that, but, for instance, a toe trick versus a clipper trick of comparable difficulty would win because it's less adds. I feel that a concentration on higher adds often leads to less interesting tricks..

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 25 Oct 2011 14:51

Cool to see interest already....

I am glad to see ideas popping up. They will all be considered.

Ken, ---to address your first concern ... competitors can pm me there trick or tricks and I will inform them of the amount of adds that it will count for.....this is the easiest way for me to do this.....instead of getting into particulars of x dex that confused me anyway.
as far as your second concern.....I will have judges to help me with this. also I could make a rule that says something like if someone goes for a blurriest and it is the then they would only get points for two dexes.

Pawel, ----glad your in!
Nick, ----sweet

Erik-----you have a good point and I will consider this further and see if I could make a rule to help this.......but as of now....im leaning towards letting it be an add show down......im glad you mentioned this though.

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 26 Oct 2011 06:56

Empty wrote:Looking forward to see if Anssi can make sick 10 with more than 30 dexes :lol:
I wouldn't call it a "sick 10", but it's not a problem.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 26 Oct 2011 10:08

Anz wrote:
Empty wrote:Looking forward to see if Anssi can make sick 10 with more than 30 dexes :lol:
I wouldn't call it a "sick 10", but it's not a problem.
:D

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 26 Oct 2011 10:24

Jazzkid wrote: also I could make a rule that says something like if someone goes for a blurriest and it is the then they would only get points for two dexes..
I think that system would encourage people to go big instead of go clean. In other words, it'd encourage people to go big and sloppy, since there's no risk, only reward, in trying for big tricks. If blurriest is beyond somebody's skill level, they'd be encouraged to still go for it, since the best case scenario rewards them with an extra dex, and the worst case scenario they aren't penalized. Instead, I'd propose a system where a "the" dex is counted as zero, and thin as half or zero.

brianbear
Egyptian Footgod

Post by brianbear » 26 Oct 2011 10:38

sounds pretty cool! I would compete in the add one for fun :)
brian "bear" sherrill
buy my footbags
via freedom footbags
or on occasion (also for fabrics) thru modified

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 26 Oct 2011 10:58

^ that makes sense. I like it. There will be penalties for 'the' because since its an online comp.....players will have more than enough time to look at there own footage and critique it themselves....and decide whether or not this is there best or can they do better.......

also ....Ive been a few complaints that the add comp promotes add hunting and certain groups of tricks.....

I do agree that we should select our tricks in our game based upon what we like regardless of add count, but the add system is still a system that quantifies a large group of tricks and there difficulty. Regardless of the holes in the system , watching or hitting a "fearless"run is and always should be a respected achievement.
The add comp is purposely to see the big add links....difficulty of tricks and links, execution, and trick selection will all be considered but this is as simple as it get.....who's got the biggest add 4 trick combo...

As far as the dex comp....I will set rules soon... Uniques and difficulty will be considered otherwise ten blurriest and 10 blurry whirling swirls would count for the same points.

I might just name the comp "4 trick add hunt" and "10 trick dex hunt".

Shred Global is also getting in on the prizes....Thanks Dale....

I at first was thinking about everyone having to do both events, but I would rather have players enter one of the events than none at all. So each event will have separate prizes (thanks dale for getting in on this)

8)

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 26 Oct 2011 19:20

Jazzkid wrote: Uniques and difficulty will be considered otherwise ten blurriest and 10 blurry whirling swirls would count for the same points. )
I'm assuming you meant blurry whirls, not blurry whirling swirls. But yeah. I think the easy way to do this, would just be to specify that it's all unique tricks. For a four and ten trick combo respectively, that shouldn't be hard.

g00d33
Egyptian Footgod

Post by g00d33 » 26 Oct 2011 21:12

I think he meant blurry whirling swirl. I interpreted it as him comparing them as triple dex moves, not as 5 add moves.
John Goode

h0ag3yb3atZ
Egyptian Footgod

Post by h0ag3yb3atZ » 27 Oct 2011 07:28

i'm down for a sick 4.

Gonna throw this out there but I kinda feel like anything about 4 (which imo is kinda pushing it) takes away the prestige of tricks. I'd rather see a badass fog>alpine fairy beater>blurry torque then 6-7 bops, maybe a smear>bops>blurry torque.

Not being a dick, especially if your good enough to hit a strong sick 10, just feels like overkill to me. might as well do online circle or something ya know?
Kevin Hogan

BSC

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 27 Oct 2011 10:14

@ Ken and John....I meant blurry whirling swirl.....just comparing triple dexes..

It should be the goal to have all the tricks in the 10 be unique, but I dont think I will require it.

@Kevin--- I understand what you are getting at....and this is my thoughts....I am leaning towards making a dex minimum. I fully encourage all levels of players to push themselves and attemp this. And players could even post their videos in this thread ...but for the comp...a player will need to get around or at least 30 dexes to compete. And for the sick four I might also suggest a 20 add minimum 8)

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 28 Oct 2011 07:33

Jazzkid wrote:@ Ken and John....I meant blurry whirling swirl.....just comparing triple dexes..
Oh I see. My bad.

Jazzkid wrote:It should be the goal to have all the tricks in the 10 be unique, but I dont think I will require it...
I find with contests, especially where there's money involved, its best to close as many loopholes as possible. If it's not required to have them all be unique, don't be surprised if you see people doing multiple smogs midstring to "recharge" their energy, or do something similarly lame. 10 tricks isn't much, so asking for uniques isn't a huge imposition.

Jazzkid wrote:@ I am leaning towards making a dex minimum.a player will need to get around or at least 30 dexes to compete. And for the sick four I might also suggest a 20 add minimum 8)
While I think there are many people on modified who can do four fearless, I really wonder how many people here can do 10 triples in a row, much less unique, much less cleanly. You might get one or two entries total which'd meet this standard.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 30 Oct 2011 08:25

^ I think these are all good points. As far as uniques I have to think about it....even though I'm not expecting anyone to do it ....nemesis X 10 would only use one trick but would still win the dex count. I could make the dex count minimum at 25 but this comp is aiming at getting those two or three that can get 30 or more. If at least half the tricks are not triple dexes then it isn't much of a dex hunt. But ten smogs might present a problem in judging so I will try and close this loophole.

Rules and official comp posting will be up soon. I would like a list of who's in and which comp they will be competing in...

I will also send invites to players if you guys think of others that would blow this up and have good entries
Last edited by Jazzkid on 01 Nov 2011 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

Fade2black
Multidex Master

Post by Fade2black » 30 Oct 2011 09:59

Evan
Jay
Jorden
Olaf
Damian g
Penske
Zeb
Honza

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 30 Oct 2011 10:03

^ read that I almost threw up ...because I thought you meant that they were all competing.......then I realized that those are probably suggestion....I will send each one and invite. Honza and Jay have been notified.

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 31 Oct 2011 22:21

TOP POST!!!!!!