Video Comp for FREE Pipenbag!! CONTEST ENDS TMRW

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

Muffinman
the gimp

Post by Muffinman » 19 Dec 2011 19:27

Outsider wrote:There is a common confusion about some unusual surface moves --- some unusual surface stalling moves DO NOT get an ADD for delay. BUT, it is only the stalls that are done ABOVE THE WAIST that don't get an ADD for delay. So, a Flapper Stall does get a Delay ADD (along with cross-body and unusual), but a Head Stall and a Back Stall ONLY get an ADD for unusual, and do not get the add for delay.

Basically, a stall/delay is only counted as an ADD in a move if it is done with the feet or legs. Or, another way of putting it is, a stall is only a 1-ADD element if the stall is done with a surface where you might otherwise do a kick. One can do a sole kick or a calf kick. On the other hand, there isn't really such thing as a back-kick or head-kick with a soft footbag, so a stall on those surfaces is really the most basic element, not a 1-ADD level up from a more basic kind of contact, as opposed to the way a sole stall is a 1-ADD level up from the more basic element of a sole kick.
This is what it has always said on Footbag.org, but I have always felt that it is outdated because it doesn't make sense. A stall doesn't get a stall add? That is obviously wrong. It makes more sense that it gets the stall add and not the UNS add. That is how my personal ADD system works.

Also, I was surprised that Aleksi won, as much as I idolize him. I personally liked Christine's the best. Great contest, though, Nathan -- it was super fun to watch all the entries! Also, you should add a requirement in addition to the bag review that Aleksi has to make another awesome video with the bag :p

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 19 Dec 2011 20:18

To stay on topic: I'm sad I didn't win, but then every single entry was better than mine. haha :)

Now, onto the always fun ADD discussion. I had actually never looked into the add rule involving UNS and DEL. When I first read Jon's post about it I thought that sounded silly, but as I continued to think about it I changed my mind. This sport is called footbag so it stands to reason that if we award "points" for things it should be diminished a little if you don't use your feet/legs. When I thought about that way it made sense to me.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 19 Dec 2011 21:43

sen wrote:This sport is called footbag so it stands to reason that if we award "points" for things it should be diminished a little if you don't use your feet/legs. When I thought about that way it made sense to me.
I think it should be the exact opposite of that actually. So we're penalized if we try to be creative and step out of the box a little bit? If there does have to be points given, I think people should be rewarded more points rather than receiving less points.

But, Whatever, Matt said it the best...
mc wrote:
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! Fuck adds!!!!
In regards to the submissions... Chris, you're link was really cool, and might be hard for some people, but if you have decent crank, and you can hit a Dragon, then it's not that hard... Most people don't have good crank like you do... I just hit it a little bit ago, but I also have pretty good crank. I admire your creativity in that one though. I would give it to you if there was a category for "Most Visually-Pleasing Link"... Tony, I really liked your's. Knee Delay> Illusion was definitely something I've never thought about hitting. Cool link. Nick, your link sucked and that sound you made at the end wasn't funny. You should stop playing. If there was a category for "Most God-Awful Link" I would have given that to you :P Ken, I would give it to you if there was a category for "Most Difficult Link", but where you get into the Dragon.. that part was kinda iffy... The rest was cool though. I really liked that Toe Spinning Squeeze.. Doug, I actually liked yours the best out of all of them. You made it look like those 3 tricks were all Fearless. Great Execution on all of them. I personally felt that your link was, overall, the best. Also, having the Pixies playing in the background might have helped sway y decision lol Aleksi, I thought your link was pretty sick, and you definitely had the bag in total control the entire time, but I think anyone who has hit Bubbabeater can hit Bubbabeater out of a Flapper Kick. If there was a category for "Most Bag-Control/Best Form", I would have given that to you.

Nathan, I completely respect your decision for who won this, because everyone has different styles, different tricks they admire, and different tricks they are good/bad at. Very cool competition.

In my opinion, Everyone who competed is a WINNER! :D But only one of you gets a cool footbag :P
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

DTank126
Atomsmashasaurus Dex

Post by DTank126 » 23 Dec 2011 16:42

Props Aleski, cool combo! I was toying with the idea of something similar, but less cool like maelstrom>kick>kick.

I gotta say, I'm really surprised Chris didn't win. I figured the contest was over as soon as he posted that. Such style.

I was glad to see Tony's post not too soon after though. Clearly he wasn't scared off immediately like I was. Nice combo Tony, very well executed.

I also really liked Nick's sick3 too. pendulum>dustpan is such a stylely link. That's the kinda thing I would love to see popped in midstring into a hardcore Clavens string or something.

In fact it's so stylely that Ken couldnt resist using it for his sick3! I laughed pretty hard as soon as I realized what he was doing. As for Ken's actual sick3, I thought he would give Chris a run for his money. dragon revup>toe spinning is disgusting. Especially sealed with a pinch. So phat.

Thanks for running this comp Nathan! I hope there's more like these in the future!
Doug Tank

cd
Egyptian Footgod

Post by cd » 25 Dec 2011 01:52

Yeah, I thought mine was the best too. :P The last link might be the best link I've ever hit. I thought it was going to take a million tries to get it to land on my head from a blind set, but it took only a few. I didn't expect it to stay on my head for that try, so I reached my hand out to catch it, and it would have looked better if I didn't do that.

Still, I'm glad to have hit it at all and I'm glad everyone liked it. And it was clear from the beginning the comp was a matter of Nate's own personal taste so I respect that. I don't need a bag anyway; I just got a Landes bag that rocks. Aleski is a spotlighted player, so he'll be great to get a review from.
chris dean

Jazzkid
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Jazzkid » 26 Dec 2011 07:25

^ Chris .....

I think I disagree . ( as far as the hand that was trying the catch the bag)
After reviewing the footage I understand what you mean and see that you thought it was going to drop...but honestly I thought that it was on purpose and it was kind of like a magic trick where you were making it appear on your head and just using your hand to wha la the appearance! I actually really liked that part .....but now I cry because you told me that it was a fluke.... AHH FLUKE!

I love this comp and am glad to see more and more comps popping up...I also am thinking about doing another one .. This idea of just posting in the thread is alot easier and less time consuming as compared to what I did.....so Im debating on what to do....

anyway..

I loved all of the entries....and was going to attempt a combo but only had one session to test my calf and foot before I left for vacation.....
My combo attempt was going to be.......
swirling spinning inside kick>diving miraging inside kick>in spinning gyro miraging (hand over my eyes) toe kick .....but never got to try it yet..
SHRED HARD!

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 26 Dec 2011 07:27

I hope you try that combo and post the footage. Sounds awesome and I wanna see it!

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 18 Jan 2012 10:39

Nathan wrote:- If you win: play with your new footbag and post a review by Jan 15, 2012.
Is this posted in another thread? Personally, I'd love to see a video review, with some shred in it too.

Nathan
Egyptian Footgod

Post by Nathan » 18 Jan 2012 15:46

There was a problem with the fabric in one panel. I'm in the process of getting another bag in the mail to Air.

Air
Aleksi Airinen

Post by Air » 08 Feb 2012 13:11

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwi-RYO- ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Here is the review video, made by my brother Lauri.

The new bag is really soft, kind of heavy (at least heavier than what I'm used to), about the size of a golf ball. It broke in fast but yet it feels very durable. Very good to shred with.
I would recommend getting yourself a Pipenbag!

Thanks Nathan for hosting the comp and sending me the bag. It's my number one bag to shred with right now.

Since you can't see the bag that well in the video, here is also a picture.

mc
Modifiend

Post by mc » 08 Feb 2012 14:28

Nice shred. I liked the nuclear sets. I also liked the ending - was that a Jorden Moir homage?
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa