MC's Online Competition DEADLINE Oct. 18

Your moves. Your combos. All up for video review in these Sick Online Competitions.

Moderators: BalinorNZ, max

mc
Modifiend

MC's Online Competition DEADLINE Oct. 18

Post by mc » 18 Sep 2013 08:58

Hi.

The last one was fun. Let's do another.

If you want to compete, please read this whole post, and get in touch with me via the email address below (NOT Modified PM) with questions, comments, suggestions, hate mail, etc.

Submit your raw video files of Sick 1, Sick 3, String 10 (best string of 10 tricks), and Weird 1 to m a t t h e w c r o s s [at] g m a i l . c o m (no spaces, obviously). Enter as many or as few of those events as you like.

Please send me raw video files, and not YouTube / Vimeo / etc links.

WHEN YOU EMAIL ME, DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME, THE COUNTRY AND CREW YOU'RE REPRESENTING, AND THE NAME(S) OF THE TRICKS YOU'RE ATTEMPTING. Also, if you're hitting a trick that you have invented, don't forget to give the component breakdown of the move in addition to the name you choose for the trick. Example: Eli Piltz- Montage (Spinning Ducking Paradox Symposium Whirl).

JUDGES: Anssi Sundberg and Jay Boychuk have volunteered to judge this competition. Additionally, they have also been kind enough to offer their comments, criticisms, and tips on your entries. This makes for a fantastic opportunity for players of any level to have their games analyzed by two of the best footbaggers to ever strap on a set of Lavers. If you are on the fence about entering, then, hopefully, this added bonus will tip the scales, and you'll send me a submission.

THERE WILL BE NO SKILL DIVISIONS. Don't be afraid to join. Although there will be winners chosen, the majority of us are going to be in this together, in that we will be getting demolished by a few really high level players :wink: This is all about showing what you've got and having fun. At the very least, you can get some tips that will help you improve your game and get better placement in your next online or real-world competition.

PLEASE FILM WITH GOOD VISIBILITY AND SEND DECENT QUALITY VIDEO IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. In the last competition, there were a few videos filmed in the shade with a perfectly good, well-lit spot just a few feet away. Others had really low frame rate. I understand that not everyone has great cameras (I don't - I just used my phone on the last one), but please be mindful that judges have to be able to see what you're doing if they are going to judge it correctly.

JUDGING CRITERIA (in order of importance)
Sick 1 / Sick 3- Cleanliness, Difficulty, Form, Style

Weird 1- Cleanliness, Creativity, Form, Style, Difficulty

String 10- Cleanliness, Density, Form, Ambidexterity ("Bothsidedness"; does not necessarily mean that the same tricks or components should be hit on both sides), Variety, Style

Re: Weird 1
To allow for maximum creativity, the definition of when a trick starts and ends is going to be more flexible than in the other events.

To use examples from the last online competition, one could argue that Kljopa's breakbag trick started with the Neo set, and ended when he did the pincher, with the breakdance stuff being separate. A similar thing could be said for the skip-rope juggle - It ended after the 2nd toe stall, etc.

For the purposes of Weird 1, don't think of it as a single trick - think of it as a single concept. Although there was something after the pincher on Kljopa's breakbag trick, it was clearly one cohesive idea. Same for the skip-rope juggling. If you can fairly argue that what you're doing is one cohesive idea, as opposed to a string of tricks, go for it! GET WEIRD WITH IT!

As I've said before, ADDs / Jobs' Notation have really put our ideas in a box, regarding what "is" and "is not" a footbag trick, and what kind of tricks are better / more valuable than others. Many people have felt (and you can see it in their freestyle) that whirl is "better" than rev whirl because it warrants acknowledgement by the paradox ADD, and therefore gets more points. Many others have felt that dada curve is to be avoided because it's arguably easier than a drifter, yet gets more points because it's acknowledged with one more dexterity ADD. I could go on. This is all silly, in my opinion. An outdated, inaccurate, constricting, EXTREMELY limited scoring system is not going to tell me what to do and what not to do with my body. FUCK ADDS! MY BODY, MY CHOICE!! :wink:

I'm getting off track here. I'm just saying, let's break out of the ADDs / Jobs box with this one. Let's push out the boundaries that we have set for ourselves and push this game forward into new territory.

Again, if you have any questions, comments, etc, contact me via my email address above (in bold).

-mc
Last edited by mc on 19 Sep 2013 00:15, edited 5 times in total.
BRICK!

rfa::never give up::
nyfa

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Re: MC's Online Competition DEADLINE Oct. 18

Post by Anz » 18 Sep 2013 10:04

I will be judging this Online Competition.

Hint to all competitors: I'm easy to please with a lot of dexes. And easy to irritate with unclean dexes.

WyrmFyre
Fearless

Post by WyrmFyre » 18 Sep 2013 11:43

Yes, yes, yes!

And on a side note, if we're looking to do this more regularly, I dont mind volunteering my services as video editor / recipient for the next one.
Ian Cozens
My FootBlog :: PureShred

mahhkohh
Flower Child

Post by mahhkohh » 19 Sep 2013 01:47

Didn't even read the first post. Just sayin I'm in! Weird1 will be very interesting!
come get your mÃcrÖ¶ bag today
buy one of my bags and help finance my guitar lessons :)
mäcrö hartig

jaust
Multidex Master

Post by jaust » 19 Sep 2013 07:39

how about prizes? I'd be willing to donate a custom made bag!

Also, since I've missed the last comp I will give my best to be part on this and I hope I can encourage my crew to do so...
Michael L.

jaust
Multidex Master

Post by jaust » 06 Oct 2013 03:21

i'll be taking my camera with me to german champs and see who i can encourage to participate :)
Michael L.

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 06 Oct 2013 08:53

Now that the Government is shut down, I'm making it a priority to film entries for this.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 06 Oct 2013 13:25

I just filmed a CRAZY Weird 1. I'm so stoked about it. Sending to Matt now. I hope a lot of people get in on this comp.
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

krustykrakk
BSOS Beast

Post by krustykrakk » 08 Oct 2013 12:11

Ivan filmed for me! weird 1
Benjamin J. Babyak

I kick, therefore I am.

Did ya look at it?

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 17 Oct 2013 13:50

Deadline is tomorrow! I submitted...did you?

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 17 Oct 2013 20:09

Matt extended due date to Oct. 25! Submitches, bitches.
Nick Polini

Funblog

Asmus
Ass Moose

Post by Asmus » 18 Oct 2013 07:02

I just submitted some rare and much sought after footage of me.

Not really happy with the selection, the exeqution, the quality or my leggings but what the hell.

Looking forward to see what everybody else cooks up for this.

rjadamson
Multidex Master

Post by rjadamson » 19 Oct 2013 23:51

Today (12 hours from now) will be my only window to session during the entirety of this thing. Gotta hit my trick(s)! *fingers crossed*

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 29 Oct 2013 06:51

Update?

krustykrakk
BSOS Beast

Post by krustykrakk » 31 Oct 2013 12:28

Cannot wait for the bacon!
Benjamin J. Babyak

I kick, therefore I am.

Did ya look at it?

C-Fan
Rekordy Polski

Post by C-Fan » 08 Nov 2013 07:10

Was this canceled?

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 08 Nov 2013 15:22

Nah, I think Matt recently said that he was in the process of passing the footage to the judges.
Nick Polini

Funblog