Custom Made Electronics

This is for footbag related items only.
Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Custom Made Electronics

Post by Anz » 06 Aug 2014 06:41

Possibility to order custom made electronics!

This spring I graduated from the university of applied sciences with a bachelor of science degree in electronics. I specialized in designing electronics, and my thesis was about portable solar power applications.

Recently I've geared up to make circuit boards, and electronic gadgets in general, by myself. There's a few gadgets that I think footbaggers could be interested in.
Here's a couple prototypes that I've made for myself:

Footbag link generator:

-A gadget that randomly generates a two-trick footbag combo
-LC display with backlight
-Works with three AAA alkaline batteries

Bluetooth speaker:

-A wireless speaker to play music from your phone
-Small size, but enough power (4 W) to use for a footbag session
-Works with a Li-ion battery, charging via USB port

Solar powered speaker:

-A speaker working with a 5 W solar panel to play music outdoors
-Maximum sound pressure level 93 dB (estimate)
-Battery-free

Solar powered cellphone charger:

-A self-made solar panel measured for wanted application
-Featuring cell phone charger
-Battery-free

These are some examples of what I've made. I know there's also commercial products like these though, but when I make them it's also possible to combine any of the mentioned features (and more). I put these gadgets as examples because I thought they would be something that intrigues footbaggers, but I can do other stuff as well.

The cases of the gadgets in the pictures might look like a child made them, but that's because I didn't care that much how these prototypes would look. The casing won't be design class anyway, unless I can get my hands on some fancy looking cases. But it's possible to make a gadget out of a lunch box for example.

If you're interested in something I could make for you, contact me via Facebook or Gmail (address: firstname dot lastname...), and tell me what you're interested in. I'll figure out the price depending on the project (parts and work). I don't charge footbaggers any designing charges, in case I need to make prototypes for something I'm not accustomed yet, unless it's a really big project. If you want a battery powered device, you'll have to get the batteries yourself (I'll tell you what to get though). Also if you want a personalised case (for example a Hello Kitty lunchbox), you'll have to get the case yourself and send it to me.

I have to warn that the delivery time could end up being pretty long - even a couple months, if I need to wait for components from China, or something (I can't keep a big stock).

If you have any questions, you can ask them here or via email.

Sporatical_Distractions
registered sacks offender

Re: Custom Made Electronics

Post by Sporatical_Distractions » 06 Aug 2014 09:57

These are really cool
Welcome to Flavortown

Kevin Crowley

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 07 Aug 2014 08:18

I must say that I have been thinking about the solar speaker ever since you posted this. Can I just get a price on something like that?
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 07 Aug 2014 10:15

For solar powered stuff it'd be easiest if you bought your own solar panel, as it'd be expensive to ship. I'll consult you on getting it of course. A panel on the peak power range of 5...10 Watts is good enough to power a speaker, but still portable (The solar panel in my picture with the speaker in the first post is 5 W). You can get them pretty easily nowadays from hardware stores, or from online.
I'll make a power cable that connects the panel to the gadget, and instruct you how to install it on the panel. Most models don't even need soldering, as the terminals have screws and washers to pin the cables with, so it's not hard at all.

The good thing of getting a solar panel like that, is that later on you can get another device that can operate with the same panel - a cellphone charger, for example.

Price: A 4 Watt solar speaker is 42 € ($56) plus shipping.
Last edited by Anz on 07 Aug 2014 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

F[uns]tylin' Eclectic
Post Master General

Post by F[uns]tylin' Eclectic » 07 Aug 2014 10:54

Thanks, Anssi. I'll consider it and get back to you. It would be useful for me
Nick Polini

Footbag is good for the SOLE

Funblog

"Yeah dude it's all mental. Then it's physical" ~Evan Gatesman

Anz
Anssi Sundberg

Post by Anz » 13 Sep 2014 05:51

This bluetooth speaker with a combo generator went to Aleksi. He seemed to be happy with it.

some specs:
- case size 131 * 75 * 62 mm (5½ * 3 * 2½ inches)
- 7 W max output power, sound pressure roughly 86 dB (1 m distance) at 4½ Watts.
- 3100 mAh Li-ion battery, about 3 h working time on a shreddable volume level

Price 94 € ($122) plus shipping. This price which includes the batteries 11 €, which I can't include for overseas shipping.