Best Kills & Worst Kills

1, 2, 3, 4. Keep that bag off the floor.
Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 06 Sep 2007 12:36

Zeke wrote: Twitch wins 2 games of squares against me Reile & Tom yesterday @ Loyola...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/3810 ... _ap300.jpg

I'm sure I would've lost too, the way I've played the last few times.

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 06 Sep 2007 17:49

I would be mo mad, if I didn't pwn the shit out of him almost scoreless in those 3 or 4 games of 2 square.

During 4 square I had that crazy stomach ache. But that's just a convenient excuse. the boy is sly somehow. it's like he can see colors in the infrared range! K, that makes no sense.

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 07 Sep 2007 05:20

Its really hard to read him or anticipate his shots.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 07 Sep 2007 05:43

Yeah, exactly. His awkwardness gives him more kills than his skill. If you try and read the swing of his leg then you'll often get screwed because it will shank off his foot and fly off in some random direction. I tend to have more success just waiting to see where the bag flies of to, that is, when I remember to do that at all.
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Frank_Sinatra
Avenging Disco Godfather

Post by Frank_Sinatra » 07 Sep 2007 06:39

Yeah, you've got to figure out if you're better at lunging forward or lunging backward, and adopt proper square position, and then just react. If you're quicker at lunging forward, play back in your square and react to his shots. If you're quicker at lunging backward, play medium-forward in your square.

That puts you at a disadvantage against the other people in the game, though. Basing all of your positioning off of one opponent will open you up to their offense.

He's eerily good at putting the bag behind me like an inch from the line or in a back corner. I'd usually give someone props for that kind of placement, but he doesn't *look* like he's doing it deliberately. Maybe his style is a sophisticated meta-game and he's years ahead of all of us. Hmmm...

Twitch vs. Goldberg 2007!

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 07 Sep 2007 23:17

Frank_Sinatra wrote:Twitch vs. Goldberg 2007!
Blasphemy

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 10 Sep 2007 09:50

Kamil vs. Goldberg 2007!

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 10 Sep 2007 15:08

Kamil Vs. Bill Goldberg!!!!!
Don't worry Kamil, he's one of the fake-ass "pro" wrestlers.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 30 Jan 2008 13:24

Playing 2-square against Ronnie on Sunday I walked up to the line while controlling the bag. I partially turned my back to him and kicked a sweep right into his chest, planted my kicking leg then pivoted on my support leg to square up to him. After it bounced up and off his body I swung my right leg upwards to redirect the bag to his left side for an ace. He was so stunned at how close my foot was to hitting his face that he didn't bother to try and track the bag after I had hit it again. He just stood there for a second or two with this look on his face like he just shat himself. I couldn't help but laugh at how ridiculous it all was. "You scared the shit outta me!" he said.

"D'you believe I did that on purpose?" I asked, still giggling. He glared at me for a while then muttered something. I look over at Nathan and he simply shook his head in disbelief. I just kept on laughing :twisted:
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 13 Sep 2008 08:52

I was playing 2-square against Tom last Sunday. I served game point and soon dug one of his shots high and about 5 feet out left side of his square. I ran out looking for a save and he stepped out to check me. I jumped up and bitch slapped (a net spike that goes from out to in but hitting with the sole of the foot, aka sole sweep) the bag in an arc over Tom, who had stopped in his tracks to cover up, then dropped behind him into his vacant square for the win. My loud, jubilant celebration was cut short when I found that Freddy & Nathan had not seen what had happened. It's ok. I was there, I remember clearly.
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 13 Sep 2008 10:21

I just had to cover face and privates with flying zeke kick coming.

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 13 Sep 2008 10:47

CIC flurry wrote:I just had to cover face... with... zeke... coming.
8O 8O 8O
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

CIC flurry
Amazingly Sexy Man-Beast

Post by CIC flurry » 14 Sep 2008 22:43

ewww

Eric Chang
Fearless

Post by Eric Chang » 27 Sep 2008 01:19

Santa Cruz open invitational against Steve.

We were all trying to attack him and get him out when he was in the square next to king. So of course we all started to try to get him out. Kenny (ex kicker) kicked it over his head and well all celebrated. Only to hear a behind the back blind sole kick and land in the King's square, and Steve promptly swept us up. It was a sad moment :( <-- See sad face.
Look a BLOG! That I never update
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=16244

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 01 Dec 2008 14:31

I was trying to kill Marty in ksq while I was in 3sq. We used squares that were right up against a wall. In the previous attempts I failed multiple times banging a sweep to my left and bouncing it off the wall to try and land it to his back right. So I decided to change it up. I pretended to try the same shot by setting high and to my right and cocking my leg for another big swing. Just as I expected, he faded back deeper into his square anticipating another wall shot. Instead, I stopped my leg in mid-swing and tapped it to his front left corner where he missed trying to dig with his right toe.

A few rounds later we were in the same situation. This time I figured he would expect me to dink to his front left corner again and sure enough he started deep in square leaving the front corner open. He served from king square, I tapped it to his front left corner and he immediately tried that right toe dig to defend it. Just as he did that, I quickly blasted the bag hard left, bounced it off the wall and into his open back right corner. He was still reacting to my feint when the bag landed!

I still savor the exact moment, specifically the priceless look on his face, as he realized he just got mercilessly brain fucked but could do nothing about it. He gave me props and actually walked out the next few rounds to figure out what just happened to him. He gave me props again when he came back to the game.

I love squares.

I miss squares
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 10 Jan 2009 10:33

Best kill:
During the T&A game of 4-square on the last day of NYJ players had to have both hands on their own chest or ass as they played. I opted for my chest. But to be as distracting as possible I also held the bottom of my basketball jersey up and exposed my gut. Oh, it gets better. Jack was king, I was in 1sq and Marty in 2sq. Marty gets the bag soon after the serve and I step to the center of the court to set a screen and stick my bare stomach out as much as I could. Marty sees the play happening in his head without me needing to communicate anything. He kicks the bag up towards my stomach and it ricochets upwards then lands uncontested in Ksq for the kill.

"Did that go up?" I ask.
"Yup!" Marty replies

I look over at Jack and the shocked expression on his face also confirmed the kill. I fell backwards laughing as he left the court.

Worst kills:
Still trying my shock and awe strategy in T&A 4-square, I played several rounds with hands my hand on my ass. On several occasions I got a pass and set up my offense with my back to the Ksq to attempt a sweep and screen with a twist. The plan was to grab my cheeks firmly and spread them as far as I could then deliver the pass as the king was distracted by the free show. Unfortunately the maneuver proved too invasive and/or pleasurable that I could not stay focused on the pass and ended up dropping the bag in my square both times I tried it. :oops:
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

Jack Stutler
Multidex Master

Post by Jack Stutler » 11 Jan 2009 19:43

God, I can still see that in my head, and I must say, I still laugh just as hard every time I replay it.

I still can't believe that worked.

As for you, and the other chicago square's:

C-Fan wrote:After I read it I thought to myself: "this is the best tourney write-up I've ever read...and he didn't even make it to the tourney!"
Challenge Footblog

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 12 Jan 2009 20:42

BTW, Captain Mustache in your photo looks like Glenn Hughs of the Village People. Didn't he wear chaps?
Zeke

Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood

quadgun
can't dex

Post by quadgun » 15 Jan 2009 23:21

I think CIC did pretty well at 4square at NYJ ... there were those few time were it was CIC against 3 montrealers or 3 CIC vs one montrealer or 3 CIC against Emily ... I'm proud to say that we prevailed each and every time.

Eric Chang
Fearless

Post by Eric Chang » 15 Jan 2009 23:56

quadgun wrote:I think CIC did pretty well at 4square at NYJ ... there were those few time were it was CIC against 3 montrealers or 3 CIC vs one montrealer or 3 CIC against Emily ... I'm proud to say that we prevailed each and every time.
But of course everyone Steve :)
Look a BLOG! That I never update
http://modified.in/footbag/viewtopic.php?t=16244