I wonder why???

1, 2, 3, 4. Keep that bag off the floor.
Splint
Angry Hippy

I wonder why???

Post by Splint » 18 Jun 2006 17:29

I wonder why there's a secret 4-square forum that only 4 people can see. As an admin I asked that question and never got a response. I wonder what the point of keeping it hiddin would be.
Old Skool

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 18 Jun 2006 17:31

There's a hidden four-square forum??

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 18 Jun 2006 17:34

Yup. Asked for and started by your master of "don't keep the little man down, and up with democrazy" Sammy Colclough.
Old Skool

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 18 Jun 2006 18:13

So, there are two four square forums? This is confusing and weird!

wolfpac444
Your Friendly Admin

Post by wolfpac444 » 18 Jun 2006 18:31

No, it's not really weird. I'm not sure why Brad decided to make an issue of this or why he found the following answer unacceptable.
There is a private 4-Square forum that is not very active at the moment, but things are still being worked out, and it is in place so that soon the members of the committee will be able to use it to discuss matters that will need to be voted on.
Joe Crain and others are seeking to make 4-Square an official IFPA recognized competition for footbag events, and they are looking to solidify and update the rules of the game.
They asked me if I could make a private forum so that they could have a common area where they could discuss these rules issues; so, I made them one. The things discussed in it will be discussed publicly as soon as they have been hashed out.
Mike Hansen

sen
Post Master General

Post by sen » 18 Jun 2006 18:52

That make sense. And kinda makes me think that Splint should grow up and stop trying to bash on Sam. That is, if he knew the reason all along.

Zeb Jackson
Post Master General

Post by Zeb Jackson » 18 Jun 2006 20:33

the 4 square forum is hidden? then why can i see it?

SandWraith
Egyptian Footgod

Post by SandWraith » 18 Jun 2006 20:51

Zeb, he means in addition to the one everyone can see.
Zach Marine - Member of the Tendonitis Club!
blog

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 18 Jun 2006 21:13

I'm not satisfied with that answer because it's meaningless in the context of all the shit I've gotten over the years, from Sam and others, as an Admin. Their is nothing being discussed in that section that can't or shouldn't be discussed in this one.

Why hasn't anyone been allowed to know about it? Why isn't there a thread somewhere in this section saying "hey four square lovers, this is a cool place to chat up four square. We've created a committe in a private area of the forum so that we can define out some official rules and such. When we've got it all done we'll post them up for some good old round table discussion"? There's no reason why it should have been kept a secret. Perhaps there is a reason to have only a few people in it so that they can hash things out, but why a "secret forum".

As an admin I got beat up regularly for speaking my real mind about issues because I was supposed to uphold a different level of discussion and use on the forum. Well, I'm done. Sam gave me a TON of shit about this exact type of power trip and lo and behold he's got a secret forum where he jokes about having power.
Old Skool

Moxie
Taphophile

Post by Moxie » 18 Jun 2006 23:57

Splint wrote:I'm not satisfied with that answer because it's meaningless in the context of all the shit I've gotten over the years, from Sam and others, as an Admin.
No one should have to answer to you on this issue, Admin or not.

Splint wrote:Why hasn't anyone been allowed to know about it?
As Mike quoted up above, it is not something that is fully assembled yet, so it clearly should not be made public. Why announce something before knowing for sure that I will get off the ground? Or if sure it'll take off, why talk about it before being able to show anyone any ideas or work? If you had read the "secret" sub-forum more carefully, you would see that there was a date by which we wanted to announce the committee and what the goals are.
Splint wrote:Why isn't there a thread somewhere in this section saying "hey four square lovers, this is a cool place to chat up four square.
I don't think I understand this sentence. There is already a "cool" place set up to talk about 4-Square: the 4-Square forum.

When talking to you of all people, I don't need to bring up that there are private forums on Modified. They are not harming anyone or taking space away from you. I really don't understand why you have an issue with this. Do you want to participate? There's nothing saying you can't do decision making in the public forum, Brad.
Splint wrote:Perhaps there is a reason to have only a few people in it so that they can hash things out, but why a "secret forum".
The only reason this seems to be an issue is because this was done on Modified and you happened to see it. If it had been done on .org we would have no issue. I am really surprised you would take knowledge gained as an Admin. and make it public like this. It does seem like a lot of it is to spite Sam, and what you don't realize is how little he has to do with that forum. You are spiting Joe Crain more than anyone else, as it is his baby.
Splint wrote:Sam gave me a TON of shit about this exact type of power trip and lo and behold he's got a secret forum where he jokes about having power.
You went and read someone else's private forum after not being invited, then talked about it publicly. You're attacking Sam when it's not even his. I hope you think about this issue more before posting again.
"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

Emily Kulczyk

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 19 Jun 2006 13:00

Moxie wrote:When talking to you of all people, I don't need to bring up that there are private forums on Modified. They are not harming anyone...
I disagree completely, but I won't use any more of the information I gained as an admin to prove it or disturb anyone else on the forum. Ignorance is bliss blah blah blah and who am I to enlighten.

Sorry for being an upstart.
Old Skool

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 21 Jun 2006 12:38

Moxie... you might want to get your story straight on whose idea it was.
AND, you deleted my account that has access to it. So I can't even get on the forum that I created.

Splint... lol.

edit: btw, thanks for sticking up for me Emily.
Last edited by QuantumBalance on 21 Jun 2006 19:32, edited 1 time in total.

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 21 Jun 2006 14:55

Actually Sam, I deleted the other account, about a month ago and I took away your access to the section that "you" created when you went on your "I'm a dickhead" tantrum. Jeremy or Moxie can certainly give you access back to it.
Old Skool

joecrain
Hack Fiend

Post by joecrain » 22 Jun 2006 10:32

This is boring.

Im sorry I havent been more proactive in steering the 4-square committee, which is why it may seem a little pointless to some. My life has just not allowed for me to invest the time I originally hoped to spend on this project.

I appreciate everyone who has put effort into helping me out with the committee thus far, especially to modified for letting us use their virtual confernece rooms for our committee to meet.

Admins: Please delete this topic

QuantumBalance
100-Watt Warlock

Post by QuantumBalance » 22 Jun 2006 12:26

Dont worry Joe, its the same reason why Emily and I and the others probably havnt put time into it. Life is just to crazy! It will pick up... DONT WORRY :)!

Splint
Angry Hippy

Post by Splint » 23 Jun 2006 00:42

joecrain wrote:Admins: Please delete this topic
Why?
Old Skool

Jeremy
"Really unneccesary"

Post by Jeremy » 23 Jun 2006 21:05

I don't think that subforum is really bad for modified in anyway apart from the fact that I think it sets a bad precedent. I think it's definitely the wrong approach torwards getting the IFPA to approve four square in some kind of official manner. I sent Emily an email about this so hopefully she passed that on or something but anyway I would be happy to help if you want - I am on the board of directors as communications director and also a member of the IFC so if you do put together some kind of proposal I'm going to have to vote on it at some stage. Steve Goldberg is also a great person to be involved with this I think unless he is too busy - you should email him.

shredzilla
Post Master General

Post by shredzilla » 27 Jun 2006 00:34

Moxie wrote:When talking to you of all people, I don't need to bring up that there are private forums on Modified. They are not harming anyone or taking space away from you. I really don't understand why you have an issue with this.
I know there's a secret Chris Miller forum where everyone just sits around and worships me and posts about how unbelievably awesome I am, but I don't mind. I find it kind of flattering really. I HEARD Moxie was the head member, but that may be a rumor.

In other news: I won my first 4Square game at SCSO!!! 8)
J. Chris "Thread-killer" Miller

xXLoss_of_ControlXx
Egyptian Footgod

Post by xXLoss_of_ControlXx » 29 Jun 2006 08:52

you guys are really goin at it... :?
Freddy Noinaj of the CIC?

"Sweet" Simon

Zeke
Specific Islander

Post by Zeke » 29 Jun 2006 10:48

fer realz, just point to who you think is out.

GOSH!
Zeke

Funny movie titles if the movie were about poop:
Red
Fast & the Furious
The Green Mile
Children of the Corn
There Will be Blood